It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were given $25,000 what you do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If you were to be given $25,000 to help "wake" people up, what would you do?

I'm interested to see what ways and methods people would take to wake the ones who are asleep.

I would do a massive marketing campaign to a website that pretty much breaks it down for them step by step.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

I'm not sure I would help the masses and internet is not doing much. There are already thousands of websites people can use to wake up. Its up to the people to decide to take the leap and learn, many do not. But if I were to help, I would personally use that money and use it to become president.
Then the people have no choice but to listen.

[edit on Aug 4th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I would not spend it.

I could feed my family and keep the roof over our heads for over 2 entire years with 25k $.

Two whole years of living the good life, with electricity, internet, gas, a running car, cigs. The works.

My wife, myself, and our two children live on about 11k a year. In the USA. A somewhat decent neighborhood, its not the ghetto. My rent is 400$. Very small apartment though.

But hey, I am thankful that I have food on the table, and a roof over the head. I am happy with what I have. I could not ask for anything more.

Well, maybe I could ask for that 25k $. It would mean a two year vacation for me

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I would pay off my debt to my cousin and a friend of mine, all together it would be $5,500. Not sure what id do with the rest, probably hold on to it since I don't have a job as of right now. But, my car is fixed now so back to job hunting yay...

PEACE!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Invest 95%
Spend 5% on schooling for the year and books

Invest in:

30% silver
30% oil
20% ford
20% gold

On a side not, I'm about to sell my truck and just get a yearly train/bus pass. Am spending 20% immediately on school, and probably investing the rest in silver bullion. Hoping to have it sold within the week. Silver is supposed to start climbing real soon.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I would use the 25k to build a working prototype free-energy machine. And if there was some change left I would look into anti-gravity.
That should wake people up

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'd buy 25,000 lottery tickets - and when I don't win very much back I'd put up a web site showing people that the lottery is a tax on stupid people.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think the point of this thread is that if you were given that money to wake people up, what would you do with it? right? It's not for my own personal use...I'm guessing.

I would set up an outdoor concert and have it broadcast live via the interweb. I would have artist speak out about important issues that most of the sleepy la la landers don't know about. I'd call it the "Wake the FU#K up fest."

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Simple just do the exact opposite of what the government is doing and there you go. I would pay off my school bills then save the rest for a rainy day or you know the next three years.
As for waking people up. I'd like to have a conspiracy slash politics type show to help wake people up and entertain.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
I'd buy 25,000 lottery tickets - and when I don't win very much back I'd put up a web site showing people that the lottery is a tax on stupid people.

I love my grandmother to death but she has for as long as the lotto has been around spent at least 50 bucks a week on it and has never won more than a few hundred bucks.

To the OP I personally would save it. I dont know that 25k would be enough to wake people up. I mean there are many multi million dollar movies being made trying to do this and people still dont pay attention. I would save this money for my family and I would donate to the school I use to work at.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The point of the question is to see what you would do to wake people up if you had 25 grand to do it with, not to see what you would do if you had the money personally.

You can only wake up the ones that are willing to be awaken, I would do advertising campaigns, posters, stickers, art. All posting a link to a good website for them to be awakened. Their is a large amount of young people into the street art/graffiti scene and taping into their angst-resourcefull ness and love of illegally posting propaganda by supplying them with free posters and stickers to do it with. If the messages are clear and everywhere in most major cities, people can't help but see them and I think that would be the best way to access the largest amount of people. 25,000 would buy a whole lot of posters and stickers.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I'd put a billboard on a major highway.

I'd have a picture of the Twin Towers still standing. The messages next to it would say:

EXPLOSIVES... NOT AIRPLANES

WWW.AE911THRUTH.ORG

(By the way, I find it really ironic that more than half the people above me weren't awake enough to comprehend the point of this thread...)

[edit on 4-8-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I would loan it to people and force them to put quality collateral down. Then I would charge them high interest and stiff penalties. Then when they are unable to pay I will take their collateral and sell it real cheap to my friends and relatives.

I would then, thanks to the contract they blindly signed, charge them the difference between what they owed me and what I sold their collateral for. If they are still unable or willing to pay, I will put a lien on their property. I am going to get mine one way or the other.

Maybe then people will begin to see what the government permits by letting their greedy corporate thugs run the show.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
$25,000 can not possibly wake people up because of the simple fact that the people who are keeping them asleep have a little more than $25,000.

Anything you would do would just be outdone by the Sandmen.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
For some reason my previous post shows as entirely blank... (Conspiracy!)
So here it is again. I'll delete if it's a dup
(By the way I fond it really ironic that more than half the people above me weren't awake enough to read the OP...)

I'd put a billboard on a major highway.

I'd have a picture of the Twin Towers still standing. The messages next to it would say:

EXPLOSIVES... NOT AIRPLANES

WWW.AE911THRUTH.ORG

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

If you were given $25,000 what you do?

Why 25000? couldn't you make it a million ? 25k won't go very far

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
If I were given $25,000 to wake people up, I would develop a free energy machine and give away as many as the remaining funds would permit, on the basis that when they had saved say a thousand dollars in heating bills, they then paid half [or a quarter] that amount into a fund that would then finance the next batch of machines to be given to others on low income.

If only it could be done,

Regards,

Horsegiver.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Not much actually, as the IRS already has a lien on me and would take about half of it right up front.

They kept my stimulus check fer cripes sake

[edit on 4-8-2009 by zlots331]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
$25,000 could buy a lot of spray paint.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join