It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Turns 48 Today, and Conspiracies Abound

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
(Aug. 4) -- Conspiracy theory frenzy is peaking as President Obama celebrates his 48th birthday today.
The latest broadside from the "birthers" -- those who contend Obama can't be president because there's no proof he's a natural-born citizen -- is a purported Kenyan birth certificate. Orly Taitz, a lawyer who has filed a variety of suits challenging Obama's citizenship, released a photo of the document -- which was immediately dismissed as a fraud even by the president's opponents. "I believe this is likely a forgery," Karl Rove declared -- not quite definitively -- in a Twitter post.
The Washington Independent also notes that some in the birther movement are getting fed up with Taitz. She didn't help herself by spending much of her time during an MSNBC interview Monday bickering with the co-anchors. The video of Taitz's rant is all over the Web.
Doubts about Obama's citizenship go far beyond Taitz and the other hardcore birthers. A new Research 2000 poll shows 28 percent of Republicans think Obama was not born in the U.S. Among respondents in Southern states, only 47 percent believe he's a natural-born American. Of course, a Rasmussen survey done two years ago found 35 percent of Democrats believed President Bush knew in advance about the 9/11 attacks. So, RealClearPolitics correspondent David Paul Kuhn, writes, both parties have their fanatics.
Here's an indication of how bizarre this has become: Chuck Norris is trying to cast himself as the voice of reason in the debate. In an open letter to the president on Townhall.com, he admits it's "a bit of a groundless stretch" to think Obama wasn't born in Hawaii. So, Norris asks, why not just release "your original birth certificate" and prove the skeptics wrong?news.aol.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'll tell you why... because as long as their are Birthers... there will be reason to dismiss the "political right" as being nutters.

You bet the Obama Admin wants the Birther Movement to continue...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
I'll tell you why... because as long as their are Birthers... there will be reason to dismiss the "political right" as being nutters.

You bet the Obama Admin wants the Birther Movement to continue...

Hell yeah, keep the Birthers coming!

Making me feel saner by the day.

new topics

join