It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korean leader reportedly pardons U.S. journalists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Glad it's not just me. The whole episode just seems so contrived.

Also seems to be a pattern emerging of US "Journalists" straying into / entering other countries illegally right now. Especially countries who are a little hostile towards the US

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
hmm yes I can see where you guys are coming from , Its odd that Kim would suddenly release them when clinton rides into town, you think the DPRK have taken some sort of back hander out of sight from the international community , Kim gets good press and obama gets good press within the international stage?

but what would the deal be for , Im not sure how easily they would lift the trade embargos and sanctions on trade for the DPRK. Or have the US gone and done something crazy like giving them weapons ?!?!?
Myabe the obama admin is cutting deals with these crazys now!

whatever it is it certainly seems fishy.
I'll post the next KFA newsletter and see if there is anything in there that mite shed some light on this !

Maybe for some reason obama wants to keep this enemy close real close

[edit on 6-8-2009 by sapien82]

I havent recieved the Korean Friendship Association update yet , but there is always the article from the korean news

www.kcna.co.jp... nothing that we dont already know !

[edit on 6-8-2009 by sapien82]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Ok.....................

They were released and are home........

Now how long before the next move????

Kim wants to restart 6 party talks????

Personally, I don't think this was done without expecting/getting something for Kim...we just don't yet know what that is.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The most recent KFA update didnt include any info on the release of the journalists!

It did mention however that the DPRK and KFA websites have been hacked by international hackers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join