It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korean leader reportedly pardons U.S. journalists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bushido Kanji
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Well, Obama cannot be everywhere at once.

Indeed! He's not superman :-)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Obama 'leader' - Clinton - Bush - NK 'leader' - Iran 'leader' = ALL corrupt.

How do you not know this - do I have to drag out 10000000 threads on each of these CRIMINALS???

They are NOT heroes! - you are not seeing the bigger picture - which is this is a PR stunt designed to make you feel all warm and gooey inside - wake the heck up my man.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Heroes are never men with good habits... they are typically men with bad habits who happen to become heroes to those they help.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

tell that to the people Clinton KILLED with his war in Sarajevo ? How soon the people forget...

I want you to realize YOU are more of a hero to me than any "leader" - because you have not done the crimes these 'leaders' consistently do.

Please understand - we need to WAKE UP - for our planet and her people.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm not going to reply to anyone in general, just make a statement that you can take or leave at your own discretion.

Yes, things take place in this world that suck, a lot.

Yes, things take place in this world that we don't understand, or ever will.

Yes, not everything that we see or read is as it appears, or will even come close.

And yes, sometimes things take place in this sucky little world that are OK, and we should just say thank you.

So forgetting or ignoring all extraneous aspects that have nothing to do with this outcome, thank you.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Sometimes I get a little faith in people back this still isn't one of those times but I'm totally glad he got those two women out. Nobody deserves to be held by the three foot dictator with lady glasses.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Beach Bum

Great point!

And well "illustrated"!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I reported this first! Just wrong place lol.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by Bushido Kanji
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Well, Obama cannot be everywhere at once.

Indeed! He's not superman :-)

"Messiah" (until the kool-aid wears off) maybe, but agreed he's no superman.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beach Bum
Sometimes I get a little faith in people back this still isn't one of those times but I'm totally glad he got those two women out. Nobody deserves to be held by the three foot dictator with lady glasses.

My earlier point exactly.

Note to all U.S. citizens: stop going places that will require the likes of Clinton and Carter to cut unknown deals to rescue you!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GingerR

I reported this first! Just wrong place lol.

Ginger... I know! You put me onto the story :-)

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
In terms of looking for an "angle" in this,

I created a thread last night about this situation and am looking for help on developing my thoughts and would warmly welcome any and all of you over

A fellow ATS'r, MysterE also created a thread on this, earlier today, and we are now working on trying to piece together the murky circumstances that led to this seemingly lucrative move on N Koreas part.

My thread from yesterday can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And MysterE's from earlier today here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-Sliadon

edit to add: That being said, OP I would gladly welcome you aboard this as well, as any and all help is very much appreciated!

[edit on 8/4/2009 by Sliadon]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Wow, pandering to North Korea's attention seeking got a positive response, go figure.

It's good to see our sex offenders doing work for society though.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I wonder if Clinton is now headed to Iran to get the hikers?

Seriously though... what power that man wields, at least in that part of the world.

Any questions as to why?

N.Korea released them because it suited themselves to do it. I reckon this was already negotiated beforehand, and the leader requested somebody go over and apologise in person in order to secure the release. Remember communists do what suits themselves best, and it does suit them to start behaving rationally and more civilised, and being more reasonable.

Both sides appear strong after this, so nobody loses. N.Korea can be proud they got the attention of a former president, and the US are just happy they got their people back. And it appears they've scored a diplomatic victory. Maybe the Chinese were involved in the negotiations too.

I doubt an idealog could be convinced unless it suits them to release prisoners. Iran will probably release them when it suits them after a short while after using them as propaganda. Idealogs are less predictable, so I would hope Clinton would not go to Iran. But this regime is becoming predictable, in that it will do something stupid and ridiculous whatever the outcome is.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by john124]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Wow, pandering to North Korea's attention seeking got a positive response, go figure.

Where was the pandering? Asking for our people back?

It's good to see our sex offenders doing work for society though.

Uhm... sex offender? Really? Don't you have to be convicted of a sexual assault in order to be a sex offender?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Where was the pandering? Asking for our people back?

Arresting journalists and charging them with spying is an old trick, maybe they were guilty, but likely only guilty of poor judgement.

Now, having unjustly arrested 2 citizens, NK can show how magnanimous they are by releasing them.

Been done before, and better, by worse.

Uhm... sex offender? Really? Don't you have to be convicted of a sexual assault in order to be a sex offender?

I would say that paying $850,000 in an out of court settlement to someone who sued you for sexual harassment is close enough.

I could always copy the depositions of his victims for you, but they make for disturbing reading.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
What if - Clinton and Kim are actually on the same side?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

You seem unable to tolerate other points of view. You say 'wake up!' to anything that is not in line with your world view. The irony in that is hilarious. Surely waking up involves being able to think for oneself, not always agreeing with the fallible mind of watchZEIGEISTnow?

I have no hatred of rich or powerful people. I have no hatred of politicians who fall on one side of the left-right spectrum. I am not paranoid enough to see an evil conspiracy everywhere I look, especially involving people who fit into the former categories.

Credit goes where it is due - and that is to Bill Clinton for using his powers of persuasion to free the lives of two Americans from a brutal regime. In regards to the other poster, those lives are infinitely more important than the bruised egos of certain jingoists.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Man, I love Bill Clinton. Best President we've had in decades and he's still laying it down. Dude has a crazy IQ of 183 too. Props Mr. Clinton.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourForever

You seem unable to tolerate other points of view. You say 'wake up!' to anything that is not in line with your world view. The irony in that is hilarious. Surely waking up involves being able to think for oneself, not always agreeing with the fallible mind of watchZEIGEISTnow?

I have no hatred of rich or powerful people. I have no hatred of politicians who fall on one side of the left-right spectrum. I am not paranoid enough to see an evil conspiracy everywhere I look, especially involving people who fit into the former categories.

Credit goes where it is due - and that is to Bill Clinton for using his powers of persuasion to free the lives of two Americans from a brutal regime. In regards to the other poster, those lives are infinitely more important than the bruised egos of certain jingoists.

I see people as equals not in "rich" or "powerful" light. You are on ATS so there is a part of you that is paranoid. Bill Clinton is a puppet or don't you understand that? Ego falls on your part for even posting like this.

I know these people you obviously love and adore are puppets - and I know they have hurt the planet in more ways than to help fix it. It is not really a question of agreeing with me - don't - but do your own research - for instance you do know who gave NK their nuke technology no?

Same people who gave Iraq their chemical weapons. Or do you still believe world leaders are honest, puppy dog saving heroes? Give me a break!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join