It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korean leader reportedly pardons U.S. journalists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

N. Korean leader reportedly pardons U.S. journalists

www.cnn.com

The announcement came after former U.S. President Bill Clinton met with top North Korean officials in Pyongyang to appeal for the release of Laura Ling and Euna Lee, who had been arrested while reporting from the border between North Korea and China.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is great! Bill Clinton Got the Job Done!

It's amazing what diplomacy can actually accomplish isn't it?

[edit on 4-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I wonder if Clinton is now headed to Iran to get the hikers?

Seriously though... what power that man wields, at least in that part of the world.

Any questions as to why?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Was this the real reason behind ex President Clinton's visit to North Korea?

It is possible that the capture of the 2 women and the Clinton visit warrants a deeper examination?

About the time Clinton last had business with N.K. his time was up at the White House and all of his work went unfinnished.

Nuclear Proliferation could be the real reason and I would not doubt one bit if there were secret messages being sent.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I am happy to see NK acten like people

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Maybe he threatened li'l Kim with a cigar

I wonder what was actually promised to get this done. Good news if true.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It could also have been advise on how to seem to not be an insane tin-pot-dictator.

Seriously..........

It is actyually a very generious move on his part....
(why do I feel so dirty saying that :lol

It is a smart move, to be honest, I see few come from him.

[edit on 8/4/2009 by mrmonsoon]

[edit on 8/4/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Glad the people are released.

However, at what cost?

Clinton now gets to believe he's another jimmy carter

And NK's kim gets to believe that now we owe him something for being so "humanitarian".

Please, no more really stupid people going to north korea, iran, venezuela, or anywhere else that they can be used as political pawns.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
And they call N.K. bad?

Are we sure about that?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Good for you "Willy", although it appears that some type of agreement may have been made prior to his trip. Just all for show so Kim can get some good face time in the news.

I'm sure there will be those who will question how the deal was done but for me, I'm just glad that the two women will be coming home. Maybe someone will give them a new GPS before they decide to go traipsing off on their next jaunt. Looking for a story is one thing; instigating an international issue is something else.

And for those of you who can't wait to point out the grovelling statement included in the article, it came from the North's "official" news outlet, so understand just who is doing the reporting.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
And they call N.K. bad?

Are we sure about that?

Um, yes. They have the highest population control in the modern world.

There is a law that forbids people from reading anything democratic under punishment of life in prison. You must throw away any "Democratic propaganda" and worship anything with Kim on it.

The people believe that if you touch anything Democratic, their skin will erode. The government told them that, so I still think, even after this, they are bad.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Was this the real reason behind ex President Clinton's visit to North Korea?

It is possible that the capture of the 2 women and the Clinton visit warrants a deeper examination?

About the time Clinton last had business with N.K. his time was up at the White House and all of his work went unfinnished.

Nuclear Proliferation could be the real reason and I would not doubt one bit if there were secret messages being sent.

It's NEVER what it seems - we should ALL know that by now...

Look at the right hand - while the left hand is doing something else...

Clinton = drugs most probably - or sexual slavery - or put your crime here probability.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Glad the people are released.

However, at what cost?

Clinton now gets to believe he's another jimmy carter

And NK's kim gets to believe that now we owe him something for being so "humanitarian".

Please, no more really stupid people going to north korea, iran, venezuela, or anywhere else that they can be used as political pawns.

I hear Hannity claiming that Obama is "rewarding" North Korea for bad behavior.

Do we have any idea as to what was discussed in that session of DIPLOMACY?

I mean, Clinton IS a DIPLOMAT. So why shouldn't he be "DIPLOMATIC"? What could he actually give NK?

There are no indicators as to what happened here, and to be honest, should it really? Should we jeopardize our ability to be diplomatic in future situations where American lives are at stake?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

A diplomat? Are you serious? Am I on ATS or Politician Love In?

C'mon dude - Clinton et Al are snakes - get with it! MSM is BS

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Someone who uses diplomacy to solve an issue is a diplomat. Since Clinton did what he did, he is a diplomat.

I don't see your side of the argument here.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Bushido Kanji]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

Like you I am lost as to what the smiley faced avatar is implying.

It's days like this that make me proud to be American.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Im so pleased, I posted a thread on these two women when they were incarcerated, and you would be amazed how many "serves them right" comments that were posted. SIGH~

There may have been another motive for the visit, but I dont care so long as they are no longer being beaten, starved, froced into hard labour and raped for the next 12 years for trying to expose the human condition in Nth Korea.

Thanks Bill, I'll be your Monica now as a reward! lol

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Well good job Clinton! Way to go.....im glad he got it done

Does however make me wonder two things......

1. Whats REALLY going on and why wasnt it done sooner

2. Why wasnt Obama the one to do this? Hes the one going around the world claiming to be trying to engage in open talks and negotiation with former enemies of the nation. Seems to me that this would have been much more to his credit, if he, himself would have done it........whats going on behind the scenes here......

and once again........WHY now? Why did it take so long? Something is a miss....

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Well, Obama cannot be everywhere at once.

I am not defending him or saying there isn't more to this, I am just being realistic.

I assume we will come up with a reason why Clinton was the person for the job in due time, I'll leave that up to the NWO fanatics.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

My 'side of the argument' - is Clinton is a criminal - dealing most probably with other criminals - kapish?

Why you have faith in any of these political mafia is beyond me. Agenda?

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join