It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland security chief: Flu will get jump on vaccine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Homeland security chief: Flu will get jump on vaccine

www.usatoday.com

U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano asserted Tuesday that pandemic flu is likely to flare up soon after schools open in the fall, well before any vaccine is available.

Napolitano said the flu epidemic is likely to be severe, but not as severe as the 1918 pandemic, the world's worst. In 1918, flu killed at least 675,000 people in the USA and up to 50 million worldwide. She said it's more likely that the pandemic would mirror 1957, when flu killed about 70,000 people in the USA
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 8/5/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Personally...

I don't think that this statement should be coming from DHS.

It should directly be coming from the CDC or HHS.

What does homeland security have to do with this?

The fact that this statement came from her just shows the evolution towards a police state mentality.
My personal opinion.

Czars to bypass congress and now DHS to bypass CDC?

www.usatoday.com

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 8/5/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
i completely agree with you...theres no reason this should be coming from DHS. star and flag

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Personally...
I don't think that this statement should be coming from DHS.
It should directly be coming from the CDC or HHS.
What does homeland security have to do with this?
The fact that this statement came from her just shows the evolution towards a police state mentality.
My personal opinion.
Czars to bypass congress and now DHS to bypass CDC?

www.usatoday.com

100% agreed!

I also have a question, I have looked into the 1918 Pandemic a lot, and I have heard all the craziness about Swine Flu in the 70's and the vaccine fiasco, but this is the first I have heard of 1957?!?

70,000 in the U.S. is a pretty significant number, and our population is a lot higher now, and our travel a lot less contained. So I would expect this years result to be double or triple the 1957 effect! That is 140K to 200K!!!

Am I missing something, is this a pretty dire prediction from a high ranking official?

[edit on 4-8-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Considering many believe that swine flu was created in a lab, this is an interesting statement. How does she know this??? Was DHS involved with the creation of swine flu???

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Napolitano needs to shove it and go back to sitting behind her desk. This has nothing to do with so called 'Homeland Security'. What is this country coming to?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well, get ready for mandatory, or to use he wording the current administration loves to use, prepare to be mandatorily volunteered to be vaccinated by companies which have made the mistake of sending LIVE H1N1 virus instead of vaccines to Europe, and to make it even better they don't have to do much experimentation for their vaccines to be approved, they just have to promise they followed procedure....

[edit on 4-8-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Agreed, this was not her place to make statements about health issues which will affect the forced vaccination of hundreds of millions of US citizens. Watch for top executives leaving the country.

This does point to the involvement of DHS, and a massive plan being made against the unwilling.

So if a family chooses to hunker down, they will be living in quarantine but for how long?

I wonder how long after the vaccines it will be before people start contaminating each other?

We need people working with DHS, and DFS, if for no other reason than to keep us informed.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This may come down to what 'proof' will be issued to confirm one has or has not received a shot. If it's like the normal flu vac, then all one will need to say is that they received their shot at a free clinic, mobile van, etc. However, due to the two part nature, I have the feeling there will be full documentation of such shots...with luck these documents will remain with the victim, er, patient and can be easily forged. Else, you'll need to find a doctor you're really close to who will hopefully mark you as being 'marked'.

Remember, once it starts, if anyone asks, just say "yes", I received my vaccination. If asked for proof, just show your arm where the two injection points were made (via sterilized instrument, of course!). Knowing the internet like I do, I'm sure when it hits, there'll be plenty of comparison photos to look for common injection sites, distance apart, etc. from which to mimic.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I just noticed a mod on here (semperfortis) posted a mod edit at the top of this thread. "Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline"

The original headline was "Homeland Secretary Napolitano predicts severe flu epidemic for fall" as the op originally posted. I cut and paste the article earlier this afternoon and sent it to my family in an email. USATODAY must have edited the articles headline since then, the article says last updated Updated 2h 28m ago. ModernAcademia did post the original headline so no mod edit was needed. Just sayin'

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Yeah, that is VERY weird it's coming from HS.

I'm actually getting a bit scared for real, because of this. I worry about my family.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieSlayer
The original headline was "Homeland Secretary Napolitano predicts severe flu epidemic for fall" as the op originally posted. I cut and paste the article earlier this afternoon and sent it to my family in an email. USATODAY must have edited the articles headline since then, the article says last updated Updated 2h 28m ago. ModernAcademia did post the original headline so no mod edit was needed. Just sayin'

Yes Thank You
I just noticed that myself

Perhaps USAToday saw this thread and decided to change their headline

new topics

top topics

join