It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inform on thy neighbor, please

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Inform on thy neighbor, please

www.whitehouse.gov

There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to [email protected]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This is mortifing!! tattle on thy neighbor...wow. I heard about this today, couldn't believe it was true and went to the site. I'm absolutely mortified, the White House wants to be informed on my "casual conversations"? It reminds me so very much of Nazi Germany. I'm at a loss at this point, the Government's intimidation techniques are eroding my drive to speak out against it on minute, then the next I become mad at myself for fearing it.

www.whitehouse.gov

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhedonFan

This is mortifing!! tattle on thy neighbor...wow. I heard about this today, couldn't believe it was true and went to the site. I'm absolutely mortified, the White House wants to be informed on my "casual conversations"? It reminds me so very much of Nazi Germany. I'm at a loss at this point, the Government's intimidation techniques are eroding my drive to speak out against it on minute, then the next I become mad at myself for fearing it.

www.whitehouse.gov

they are talking about stuff that seems fishy.Not just every casual conversation.Quit taking it over the top.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by indy0725]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by indy0725

The White House specifies "casual conversation" not me...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WhedonFan

Yes that seems fishy.You can't see that part or just choosing not to see it?Its not nazi germany.You are just looking for something to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhedonFan

The White House specifies "casual conversation" not me...
It only states if you get an email or see something on the web that is fishy then report it.It does not even state report casual conversation.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The reason why it is bad is because they said causal conversations. IE, anything that the government views as not true should be reported.

The blog post alone has contradictory content to the bill. SO if they can't get their facts right, how can one trust them to know who is not speaking right and who is?

It is, at it's core, experimental double think.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Wow, I always wanted to go to Germany. Never realized I would wake up in 1939 Nazi Germany... while still in North America.

This makes me just want to smack every ignorant OS perpetuater. It is where this whole mess originated.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

It does not say anywhere to report causual conversation.It says that rumors are spread by causal conversations and chainmail.NO WHERE does it say to report casual conversation.REREAD IT

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
sorry to be the barer of bad news, but i think someone beat ya to the punch on this thread.

Existing Thread.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
So let's say somebody sends in or reports something fishy, what then?

Are they going to open up an investigation?, label somebody?, Prosecute? Take away somebody's Kool-aid?

Doesn't spell out why they want it or what they are going to do with the reports.

Fishy it is!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
All they need to do is come on ATS and they will have many viewpoints to sift through. Unless the intention is to get used to people ratting each other out? Or, maybe they want to find out who is perpetuating these inaccurate facts, which lobbying group?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
To tie this into a recent news story, it's hysterical that the woman who 'got involved' by calling 911 on a possible break-in was demonized in the media yet our own government calls on us to tattle on anyone critical of Obama's health care proposal.

Hypocrites!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by indy0725
they are talking about stuff that seems fishy.Not just every casual conversation.Quit taking it over the top.

Sounds to me like they're talking about anyone bad-mouthing health care reform at all (ie.......most anyone who can read), and that's pretty worrisome when it's coming from the WH.

Peace

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

It makes no difference. If we interpret it your way, the government still wants you to report what others say in their causal conversations. Still privacy violation.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
That wicked looking woman on that video just adds to the story line. Looks like she is ready to tear somebody apart.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by jam321]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

where does it say they want causual conversation reported?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WhedonFan

Well, that's just an invite to send email there to inform the how fishy the health care reform is.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help

then it goes on to say "If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to [email protected]"
does not say anything about casual conversation.Once again you are just reading what you want to read and not the whole thing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join