It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Deals and Steals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hi,

I wanted to make a sort of index thread for when folks come across extraordinary deals on stuff.

I'm not so interested in debating whether this sucks or that rocks, just a little reference thread when you come across interesting (SPECIFIC) items.

I'd like it if folks would post a link directly to the specific item they are referencing, instead of general sites.

So, in that vein I offer the following:

Box Meals - 95 cents

As a medic, I can hardly pass this one up either:

Coban - The duct tape of EMS

[edit on 8/4/09 by emsed1]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Great Idea. One place for us to all link our favorite survivalist shopping outlets!!

S and F from me!

I will come back later with some of my links!

CX

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
For UKers, the Poundland shops have LED head torches at the moment, suprisingly good for only a quid. They are the ones you can angle.

CX.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Found a great food calculator online:

One Year Food Storage Calculator

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Found an excellent gear list:

Gear List

Great dealer too. All American made.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This Ray-O-Vac Extreme series of LED flashlights is quite good for the price.

They are available at your local *Marts, or from Amazon.

Extreme Light

I bought this one two weeks ago and the quality/light output are excellent.

This particular model (3 Watt/80 Lumen) Easily illuminated a large area out to 50 meters and the beam was able to light up objects up to 100 Meters away.

The only thing I don't like is the lanyard ring. I will be replacing it with a simple rubber o-ring.

You can't beat the price either.

I also recommend Panasonic Oxyride batteries. You won't find them on sale so you are likely to pay $1 for each AA but during extensive testing they have proven themselves to last five times longer than premium (Duracell MAX) batteries.

Oxyride is a new technology that provides higher output and longer life than Alkaline.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Just a suggestion but I think a headlamp is a great addition to any kit. I have several...one for each person in the family and the kids really like them. The wife likes it because of the hands free aspect

top topics

join