It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Androids are Here!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Android Video

Cute little thing

A meeting in Japan between psychologist Dr. Robert Epstein and Repliee Q1, a beautiful and lifelike android. See "My Date With a Robot," published in SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN MIND, June/July 2006, available to download free of charge at TheTuringTest.net.... You can get also get information there about Dr. Epstein's new book on artificial intelligence, PARSING THE TURING TEST: PHILOSOPHICAL AND METHODOLOGICAL ISSUES IN THE QUEST FOR THE THINKING COMPUTER.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Cute. Well, at least until one of those gets my job .
Actually with rate of technological advance,certainly unstoppable and needed, i do not see a lot of jobs left for people with iq under 140 in 10 years.
Edit:
People would need to upgrade them-self with implants to hold on. Then with artificial limbs in all kinds of variaties. Then - complete merge with cute things like this. End of Homo Sapiens.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Very interesting Zorgon.

A little closer every year it seems.

Though she (repliee Q1) looked a little tipsy towards the end of the first video .

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
When they get to the point they can clean house and do the laundry, I'll take two.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Ahh, looks like I can replace my inflatable then !
Only me thinking that ?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
In the movie Bladerunner, while the protagonist was after fugitive android antagonists that wanted to live beyond their expiration... the one thing that was subtle in the movie is that the protagonist was an android himself. The tests to find an android or determine if someone was real seemed to have failed one himself. The subtle point was cut out of the original movie, yet the scene of the unicorn in the dream and Olmos's interjections reveal. In this movie, they are referred to as replicants.

Androids are synthesized from robots and artificial intelligence. They don't have the genetic integration of human like engineered cyborgs. Androids, more simply, are not organic even if their evolution of design is organic.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
So it looks like we are getting that one step closer to what others call an impossibility one word 'IROBOT'

By my reckoning another 25 years and we will be living with androids. Lazy humans!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

LOL no actually, I was thinking, "wow scientists just invented the next generation of sex dolls."

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
So it looks like we are getting that one step closer to what others call an impossibility one word 'IROBOT'

By my reckoning another 25 years and we will be living with androids. Lazy humans!

"I, Robot" is two words. It's the name of the book by Asimov which is a collection of short stories.

Vas

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

And if you can't beat them...

JOIN THEM

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Ahh, looks like I can replace my inflatable then !

Still using inflatables?
No one ever told you about Real Dolls?

Silicon based 'life' forms

And you thought that meant rock creatures

Isn't science marvelous?

I'd give ya the link but there are kiddies here

[edit on 4-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Although both the videos are 2-3 year old, they are still hot...

I wonder what happened, I was waiting for 'upgraded' version who can walk and 'do stuff'. Who needs a continuosly talking female bot ?

Believe it or not, adult industry is going to push robotics and AI.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I'll take THAT ONE.

But really though, I would not be suprised if within 30 years we see more advanced things than this everywhere...Kinda like IRobot..

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Has anyone else seen the episode of Futurama about how its bad to date robots. even had a lil PSA in it. dunno why I thought of that when I saw this.
I still prefer a flesh and blood female over an overgrown automated Fleshlight anyday

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Would be cool if someone did a flying head chop on that thing and got it on film.....

Human = 1
Machine = 0

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeetontheconspiracy

I still prefer a flesh and blood female over an overgrown automated Fleshlight anyday

Your purchase has been confirmed.
You have opted for: Android model Q9001
Accesories: Flesh and blood
Delivery date: year 2025.
Thank you for shopping with us.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This guy linked his and his wifes brain together.... so much for the latex doll...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Reply to post by rocksolidbrain

wonder if the android wives will be cheaper than the mail order russian wives, same concept kind of.

Of course you wouldnt have to worry about it being worn out and used up by the time you get it. and the warranty would probably be better too

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This is a perfect example of Gene Roddenberry vision coming to life. It shows how very far ahead of his time he was in his thinking.
We have ear pieces we use for cell phones now.
We have a currency free based system now(debit cards)
We have the world wide web.
We have lasers used in the medical field.
We have the ability to travel among the stars....“We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity….. anything you can imagine we already know how to do.”
~ Ben Rich, former Head of the Lockheed Skunk Works,
in a lecture shortly before he died
There is the first makings of possible teleportation in the works...www.livescience.com...
We have the makings of a one world unified body(NWO) anger aside for the moment.
And now we have this...the makings of a real humanoid android(Data the name of the android from Star Trek).

We live in times of unparalleled achievements in human discovery and invention.

[edit on 8/4/2009 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Didn't that former host of "Fear Factor" who is a comedian talk about that being the sign of the decline of man?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join