It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton meets with NKorean leader Kim Jong Il

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
apnews.excite.com...

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - Former President Bill Clinton met Tuesday with North Korean leader Kim Jong Il on the first day of a surprise mission to Pyongyang to negotiate the release of two Americans, holding "exhaustive" talks on a wide range of topics, state-run media said.

Clinton "courteously" conveyed a verbal message from President Barack Obama, the official Korean Central News Agency said in a report from Pyongyang. Kim expressed his thanks, and engaged Clinton in a "wide-ranging exchange of views on matters of common concern," the report said.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs, however, denied Clinton went with a message from Obama. "That's not true," he told reporters.

Well, I searched and I didn't find this article posted on ATS yet. It is a couple of hours old.

It seems Bill Clinton is in N. Korea at this very moment. I don't know how I feel about this, but I don't think I like it! The girls we are begging for where rightfully found guilty and they only got a 12 year sentence. I think that is appropriate.

We have a ton of sanctions against this regime, but we are "courteously" sitting down for a fine banquet with this "evil" leader while his people starve, his entire budget goes into banned weapons, and we are openly calling for search and seizure of his import/export cargo?!?

Clinton may or may-not be an envoy from Obama, but seeing as how he is married to our Secretary of State, I am pretty sure the Obama Administration had some input before hand!

What do you guys think? Good visit or Bad visit?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now I see an existing thread! I didn't search variations of the title, because I thought it had to be quoted exactly.

Sorry. Mods close this one please.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Any chance we can get the USS PUEBLO back, too?
And how about a formal apology for the death of Fireman Apprentice Duane Hodges, killed during the PUEBLO boarding, too.

North Korea deserves nothing less than a good ass-kicking. Screw the diplomacy.

new topics

join