It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

07/08/09 10:11:12

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
A lot of emphasis is put on numbers and dates these days. I constantly find myself confronted with 11 11 its in phone numbers, prebook tickets even my son's school raffle. Since I heard about the global meditation that takes place at 11:11am. I have tried to make it part of my daily routine.
So now we are coming up on 07/08/09 I though at maybe 12 seconds past 10:11am we could all maybe stop for that second and just smile. No matter what you are doing or with whom...
It may not heal the world or bring about a change of great proportions, but wouldn't it be nice to know that people all over the globe are smiling with you for no other reason than its time to do it. Peace.

Oh just a thought for those of you flying jet engines, or driving down the motorway or even performing open heart surgery. There is no real reason to stop doing what you are doing for that second. Please feel free to mutli task, smile pilot drive and chop!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'm down with that
Number synchro rules

(if I remember, of course, might even set a reminder in my phone a moment before)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I look forward to sharing a global grin with you.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
kewl.... maybe we should smoke something in unison at this hour/minute/second and make a wish???
keep on eye out for crop circles at this date...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thats cool that you posted this...we all need to slow down and come together at times

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by maddogron

See thats when it gets complicated cause then the non smokers feel all left out, where as a cheesey smile can be pulled off by nigh on all and sundrey. As for any wishes you might wanna fling out into the ether, go for it!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by KITNO

Thank you it was nice of you to say so.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I am with that brother!!!Peace....

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It's coming up to 7/8/09 for most countries...

But here in the USA we had 7/8/09 last month!

I kind of missed it. I didn't think about how cool it was until now.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ricco78

make that sister and we are down fam

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
It's coming up to 7/8/09 for most countries...

But here in the USA we had 7/8/09 last month!

Which is why all these date and number occurances are crap; calendar systems are mostly arbitrary. The typical "solar calendar" The Gregorian in particular being the one we use is split into 12 months of approximately 30 days each. Being based on seasonal changes it could just as easily be split into 4 months of 90 days each, wherein there would have never been a "6/6/06 scare"

Some places date them mm/dd/yyyy, some dd/mm/yyyy and some like to abbreviate the year to fit their little mechanics thus creating 7/8/9, when in reality the number is 7/8/2009.

To OP and anyone who believes in this fecal matter, check any of the other "9/9/9,8/8/8,7/7/7" threads; nothing happened, nothing ever happens.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I never once said I believed in anything? I said I seem to come across the numbers 11 11, I have no problem in admiting that I no doubt sought them out myself. Be that subconciously or otherwise.
I don't think the date has any other relevance its just another day and another time. My point was, it doesn't hurt anyone to just take a second and smile. No hocumpocum, no message from the Gods no children of the corn or ET asking if he can use your phone to make a call. Just a second out of your day to smile cause other people might be doing the same thing.
As for the calendar, I agree it is dumb. If we ran on a 28 day calendar it would make life so much more in line with real time.
Peace

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
In the us it was last month on July 8th at 4:05:06 am here it reads as.

04:05:06 07/08/09

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by serenecalamityz

Yeah, alright you didn't say anything was going to happen.

I incorrectly assumed without reading the entire original post; regardless, I stand by everything I said for those people who do believe things like this are "special".

[edit on 8/4/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Yeah kind of apology accepted.

And by all means you should stand by what you say, although I believe that there wasn't much point in posting it here as it bore no relevance.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by serenecalamityz

It still bears the relevance of different display systems. 7/8/09 being different dates in America and the UK for example.

I'll admit that I jumped a bit hastily into argument, but it's hardly completely irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Ok so you clearly aint a hands up my mistake kinda guy, and as I wouldn't know you from Jack. I don't see the point in bearing malice. You feel your point was made correctly and in the right place Im glad you got to make it.

new topics

top topics

join