It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Satellite Orbiting Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

any lead in your research, links to pics or credible resources?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Source

There's some alleged pictures of it. I don't think they're real. They were supposedly taken during the STS 88 mission, and NASA has no records of it on their mission briefings (STS 88).

I'm interested in this, but of course the object mysteriously disappeared before anyone could get a piece of it, or the whole thing and study it.

Does anyone have any official remarks about the star system transmissions, or is that just hearsay?

[edit on 7/19/2010 by EsSeeEye]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EsSeeEye

The images are real.

The guys were a little sloppy on STS-88

During spacewalks debris, both small and large, are often thrown off the station for convenience, although sometimes tools unintentionally slip away. Such was the case in December 1998 when a slidewire carrier and a worksite interface were lost by the STS-88 crew while conducting an extravehicular activity (EVA) for ISS. These objects were large enough to be tracked by the U.S. SSN and were cataloged (U.S. satellite numbers 25564 and 25565). Three other objects were also released by STS-88 spacewalkers, one inadvertently (an insulation blanket) and two by design (antenna spools), although only the former was officially cataloged (Debris, 1999).

ntrs.nasa.gov...

I think this may be the insulation blanket.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah I caught that after looking back over the link I gave. That explains it well enough for me.

I was just about to edit my post too, but I was beaten to it. You should be getting paid for this, Phage.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I've been waiting for that check for a while now.
No one's even told me it's in the mail.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I've read about this satellite in Jonathan Gray's book "Dead Men's Secrets" p.1. That's the first time I heard about it. On page 306 in chapter 27 "To the moon and beyond--were we on the moon in 2309 BC?" there is some information from ancient Indian sources that give credence to the notion that ancient civilizations deviced satellites long before 20th century man did. Perhaps the "black knight" is an antediluvian satellite?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cameraobscura

"were we on the moon in 2309 BC?"

I too receive his news letters not sure what is his source of information! but really weird

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

What weird synchronicity...last night I was flipping through all my old Von Daniken books taking some notes for a project and I came across this very same story there and it really stood out for me..it is very strange to see your thread pop up about it with further info as I was going to research it. Star and flag !

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The Universe tells me that some ancient Earth civilizations did master space travel,
I wouldnt doubt it one bit, if there were still an ancient satellite hanging around.
i have heard of this satellite in the past.
There is one guy up at the observatory who has been into astronomy and HAM radio for ages, he is also an eccentric, like myself..
well.... almost.. lol :p
I should ask him if he remembers anything about it. lol

Really though, if we did learn it to be a fact,
I wouldnt be the least bit surprised.
Excited, but not surprised. lol

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

It would appear that we arent the first technologically advenced people on earth? Or maybe so?

If it were true I would guess:
~It originated from a Earth Humanoid Civilization.
~It may be Atlantian
~It may well be Egyptian

Google: temple of osiris at abydos.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by packinupngoin]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm trying to figure out why a satellite orbiting Earth would be transmitting "star map" data about the mythical "Epsilon Boštes" — apparently only called Epsilon Boštes in the zany, zany UFO conspiracy sites, the proper name is Epsilon Boötes — and would be transmitting such data in conventional radio waves, which would take 210 years at light speed to reach Epsilon Boötes.

So, what sort of satellite would it be, IF it existed? A territorial marker? "This planet belongs to Epsilon Boötes"?

BTW, the mystery "signals" were received back in the 1920s and were assumed to be coming from our Moon. Seemingly, when Mankind achieved the ability to launch satellites in the late 1950s, the "Epsilon Boštes" story morphed into that of a transmission from a satellite orbiting Earth.

More blarney, in my estimation, that has evolved over the decades but has no basis in fact.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I know these are on a NASA site, but the first thing that came to mind is the movie "Predator" when the Predator's ship enters the earths atmosphere. I'm trying to find screen grabs of it now. But it is uncanny how much it looks like it.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Clyde Tombaugh, discoverer of pluto, conducted a search for any small natural satellites of earth before man first ventured into space in order to confirm that there wasn't any debris up there that could collide with a manned vehicle. His search turned up nothing, let alone any unnatural satellites from an alien or ancient civilization. His results were published in the article:
"The Search for Small Natural Earth Satellites: Final Technical Report"
C. W. Tombaugh, J. C. Robinson, B. A. Smith, and A. S. Murrell. University Park, N. Mex.: New Mexico State University, Physical Science Laboratory, 1959
Amateurs conduct similar searches even today, which is how the classified X-31B was discovered in an orbit radically different than the one the military claimed it was in.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
where are the pictures taken of this object?
That might be relevant to the thread!

www.lpi.usra.edu...

Not black though... (black color for space is NASA trademark)

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

I love it!!!

We keep learning and seeing more and more proof of the Ancient Alien theory....

too obvious not to

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bokonon2010(black color for space is NASA trademark)

Not this again. Space is black when you're using fast exposures to capture bright objects, such as the crescent earth. Here's a much higher resolution scan of the same image:
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
It appears to be a defocused reflection of light or something on the window of the spacecraft. It has the exact same coloration and appearance as other reflections visible on the left side of the image, this one is just denser.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Very intresting!

I haven't read the whole link yet but if this was discovered in 1960, wouldn't NASA have studied it already? Pehaps even brought it down to ground level.

Still very intresting, maybe it was/is a scout probe from an alien race. Think about it if we (humans) found a planet like our own we would send a scout craft first.

Maybe their on their way, maybe their already here!?!

Peace, wouldn't that be a fine thing.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
There are several threads on this object also called Black Knight, not all so dead:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Gosh... there are some more:
page.freett.com...

It appears they were taking advantage of damaged A13,
as usually astronots shot them down like this one:
history.nasa.gov...

P.S. If quote me, please do quote me in full or just don't bother to answer.
Thanks.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Google VG1991.

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov... [NASA site, requires JAVA]

Are we on the same page here?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join