It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Satellite Orbiting Earth

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Ancient satellite black knight

Ancient Satellite orbiting the earth is it true or hoax ? i came across this article in my mail box so thought it would be very interesting to post here It is said that in 1957 black knight the blip discovered in 1960 a satellite detected shadowing the sputnik 1 craft It was in a polar orbit, something that neither the Americans or Soviets were capable of at the time. This object was dubbed “The Black Knight. It was several times larger and several times heavier than anything capable of being launched with 1960 rockets. It shouldn't have been there, but it was.

The Pentagon never formally released the results of Dr Tombaugh’s study. And no more was heard about the object until December, 1957, when Dr Luis Corralos of the Communications Ministry in Venezuela photographed it.

If that weren't enough, ham operators began receiving odd messages from the Black Knight. One operator decoded a series of these messages as a star map. The map centered on Epsilon Boštes as seen from the earth 13,000 years ago. Stars don't move very far even after 13,000 years, and Epsilon Boštes is moving towards us. Only the neighboring stars appear different after that amount of time. Was the Black Knight an alien calling card?

source

It would appear that we arent the first technologically advenced people on earth? Or maybe so? I dont know ive been looking at this "Black night" all mourning and i cant make the call. Im no rocket scientist thats for sure. But this really facinates me. Does ANYONE know anything about this? Is it true? A hoax? Someone throw me a bone here!!!

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Here is a pretty good thread on ats

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is an interesting topic though. I personally believe that there were civilizations before us with technology like ours for their time and something happened to them. I would love to post why I feel this in a thread but it would take a long time to connect the dots. In my mind in makes perfect sense.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I see that there is an extensive thread already on this subject but from 2007. That was before my time here and many others im sure. Thank you for looking it up for me. Im pretty sure that thread is dead now.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

There is the thread already linked and a detailed report which you can find here: www.thelivingmoon.com...

Apparently a single from Epsilon Bootes was discovered many times. Whether this is actually from there or a echo off the atmosphere is unknown but it is certainly interesting to say the least.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

That was pretty darned detailed. Good info. As for the existing thread.... Its dead noone has posted on it for quite some time and some havent been here long enough to have had a say in it at all. (Me included). So i dont think it was too out of order to start a new one.

ty

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

Ancient satellite black knight

It is said that in 1957 black knight the blip discovered in 1960 a satellite detected shadowing the sputnik 1 craft It was in a polar orbit, something that neither the Americans or Soviets were capable of at the time.

What in the world is that suppose to mean? "in 1957 black night the blip discovered in 1960 a satellite detected shadowing the sputnik 1 craft"

What?

I'm pretty sure that quoted section doesn't mean anything.

In 1957 it discovered something in 1960.

What?

Vas

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasilis Azoth

got a point there man! Lmao! look at the source if you want too jkrog left a link for a bunch of info if you wanna look at that also.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Its dead noone has posted on it for quite some time and some havent been here long enough to have had a say in it at all. (Me included). So i dont think it was too out of order to start a new one.

Not at all.

That is a circumstance where you should start a new thread.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Wouldn't an ancient satellite eventually succumb to orbit decay?

Just sayin'

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Yea, unless of course it has some internal power source like ZPE or something.

[edit on 8/4/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Searches on "Epsilon Boštes" just return hoax sites.

"Epsilon Bootes" returns astronomy and hoax sites.

Evidently the original hoaxer didn't know how to spell "bootes".

The tale just shows that there are some people that can't separate reality from science fiction. So, how do they compensate for it? The try to make it as of Philip K. Dick was receiving messages from the 'alien satellite', and used those to write VALIS.

Pure hooey.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by SpacePunk]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Good evidence that aliens may have placed a satellite in our atmosphere.

Maybe, the Earth was still developing life, and during a period in our past, such as when dinosaurs existed, or even before that, they placed a satellite in our orbit to see if we would continue to advance or if we would be wiped out.

Highly interesting.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Interesting topic but buried without much discussion...... any idea what it could be or anyone know more about it?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

Just sayin'

Yeah, but if they came from another star system, they likely would have an energy propulsion technology to stay out in space for an indefinite, or extremely long time.

Such technology would probably contain similar technology..which would provide the periodical orbital boosts required to counteract the decay.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bananasam

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

Just sayin'

Yeah, but if they came from another star system, they likely would have an energy propulsion technology to stay out in space for an indefinite, or extremely long time.

Such technology would probably contain similar technology..which would provide the periodical orbital boosts required to counteract the decay.

I wonder if putting it in a LeGrange point might also accomplish that same thing, although it wouldn't technically be "in orbit."

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
One other point is its location. The earth at one time clearly went threw a pole shift likely about 5,000 years ago so it location was intended for a different area of the earth. Also the earth had some kind of Ice or gas canopy. This raised the atmosphere to two of todays atmospheres and had a warming effect even at the poles. Maps even show they had no ice at one time. I expect other space debris are up there from that period of time.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
where are the pictures taken of this object?
That might be relevant to the thread!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I wish Zorgon was around to talk about this. I remember him authoring or commenting on a older thread about this. THis is a very interesting subject. It would be very easy to keep this a secret. I wonder what it looks like?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
does anyone remember this thread The Dark Knight?

it's pretty peculiar that this guy says his granddad told him about a black/ dark knight that he specifically references as Knight not night. spooky stuff...

maybe there's a connection here between this and the project bluebeam conspiraciesl. this satellite could project holographic images or something... idk just kinda lettin my imagination run wild, but really this post does ring some bells.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

This is a fascinating story to me as I was doing research on a mystery satellite that was tracked in 1958(?). I found an article about it in Time Magazine's archives, but when I went back to relocate it later it was not there.

This incident appears in several books, from Donald Keyhoe to Richard Dolan. I do find it strange that Time Magazine has erased these articles from their archives. My only hope is to find a large library that keeps back issues that date that far back. Unfortunately, they only keep one or two years now as there is not enough room for them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join