It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Action T4 and the Current Health Care Proposal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The idea for this article came to me while having a cigarette in the smoking cage at work and someone wanting to add his own theory to our discussion. I did some research and felt it had some merit to further investigate. This is my first "real" article, so I hope you enjoy it.

For those who are weak in history, Action T4, also known as the Euthanasia Program, was a “health care” program in Nazi Germany from 1939 to 1941. Adolf Hitler wrote the decree on his personal stationary in 1939.

Reich Leader Bouhler and Dr. Brandt are charged with the responsibility for expanding the authority of physicians, to be designated by name, to the end that patients considered incurable according to the best available human judgment [menschlichem Ermessen] of their state of health, can be granted a mercy death [Gnadentod].

This is where the problem started. What exactly is considered incurable? Where does it stop? First was the mentally ill. Then the disabled. Basically, if you were unable to work, you were on the list. Now, why would I bring up this history lesson if I wasn't going somewhere with it?

Let's take a look at the current Obama Health Care Plan. First, who supports it?
An excerpt is here:

By establishing a social policy that keeps physician-assisted suicide and euthanasia illegal but recognizes exceptions, we would adopt the correct moral view: the onus of proving that everything had been tried and that the motivation and rationale were convincing would rest on those who wanted to end a life. Such a policy would recognize that ending a life by physician-assisted suicide or euthanasia is an extraordinary and grave event. To recognize a legal right to physician-assisted suicide or euthanasia transforms the practices into routine interventions that can be administered without the need for a publicly acceptable justification. Doctors who end patients' lives would no longer bear the burden of having to prove the appropriateness of their action, if called upon to do so, but could simply justify their action as a legally sanctioned procedure.

Remember, kids. Exceptions to a rule break the rule.
Quote from Evidence for a New Nuremberg: Obama's Nazi Health Plan.

The next day, Administration official Nancy-Ann DeParle felt compelled to reference the fact that what she called "scary rumors" were being circulated about the Obama plan, but claimed that the Administration was not going to be forced to "react."

And another from Obama's Nazi Doctors And Their 'Reforms'.

If you think the Obama team's fixation on "electronic medical records" is nothing but an attempt to trim clerical costs, cut errors, and the like, look at the career of Obama's "health reform czar," Nancy-Ann DeParle. DeParle was a director of the Cerner Corporation from 2001 until she was appointed Counselor to the President and Director of the White House Office for Health Reform in March 2009. Cerner is a global electronic medical record programming and control enterprise with 8,000 employees. It is involved in a pilot project through the Cook County Bureau of Health Services, which provides health care to the indigent in Chicago. Doctors, pharmacy workers, and others are given bonuses for cost-cutting, denying care and medication, to these poor patients. One leading physician in the program reportedly got $400,000 in bonuses last year.

And here is Virginia Foxx, Congresswoman:

What does Betsy McCaughey say in Will proposal promote euthanasia?

“In so many words, it is — because although it is presented in the bill as a Medicare service, when a doctor or a nurse approaches an elderly person who is in poor health, facing a decline in health, and raises these issues, it is not offering a service. It is pressuring them,” McCaughey said Monday. “I would not want that to occur when I am not at my parents’ bedside.”

The provision states that as part of an advanced care consultation, an individual and practitioner shall have a consultation that includes “an explanation by the practitioner of the continuum of end-of-life services and supports available, including palliative care and hospice, and benefits for such services and supports that are available under this title.”

Earl Blumenauer added

“could create a slippery slope for a more permissive environment for euthanasia, mercy-killing and physician-assisted suicide, because it does not clearly exclude counseling about the supposed benefits of killing oneself.”

How many back door deals are being brokered? How exactly are trillions of dollars going to be cut from the health care program? Should we be worried about what is going on without our input? These are the things that are going through my head. I hope they are going through yours as well.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Now this is rather weird. I've gotten a flag and a star but no responses. I am wondering if I placed this in the wrong forum to generate the type of discussion I was hoping for.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
And gou got another star and flag from me, the problem is that people that are for the bill no matter what bill or how is redacted will no argue or will turn their face the other way to all the inconsistencies that surround the health care bill.

The government wants to pass the bill no questions ask, this should be the first red flag about the whole issue.

The propaganda surrounding the support of the bill is also in high gear but when you step on the street you will find that many people doesn't like what they see.

Is more issues with the bill than just the mercy death, also the abortion issue, (so far the pro bills don't even take that into consideration) even if they have been anti abortion supporters.

Also the Cost and how the government is going to generate enough funds for it.

The Rationing of care another issue no even been considered by pro bill, The government is cutting billions of dollars on Medicare this means cuts on services to those that are under health care with the baby boomer's growing in retirement.

Small businesses been targeted

Quality of Health care the Fact is that countries with universal health care have higher mortality rates than what we have in the US right now.

I can go on and on because is more factors that people in the haste to something free that is not going to be free are rather ignoring until reality sets in.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Thank you for the response. I was one of those people thinking it was a 100% good thing. Then, after hearing someone state "I don't believe in conspirary theories, but I got a theory about the health care program", I did a little digging.

Now I am a bit scared.

top topics

join