It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save the Planet: Have Fewer Kids

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Another great point being made by the ATS crew.

Education education education and the children. I have no kids of my own yet 'not that I am aware of'. I and the wife made a plan to be able to provide for our future family before we get started. To have a home paid for without taking a loan. To have a car paid for without a loan, to have a sum set aside for the schooling and emergencies.

Thats just the start of it from the point of being a good dad, showing and learning the youth of today the world in which we live. To respect mother Earth and only take from her what you need. Not to waste anything and to re-cycle all possible, and to find enjoyment out of making a possitive difference and improve your environment.

I feel that we should start to judge ourself are we fit to be a father can we provide, and if possible stop clogging up towns and move closer to nature. I can not understand how the older generation managed to be honest having large families small homes with little money or food to go round. But they did and it made them strong and thoughtful, also children from a larger family tend to grow up much more happy than those only child families.

I notice lots of people here mention Africa/Aisa ect as having lots of children. Well here in England during the winter months when it is cold what do you think happens in the bedroom? People warm themselves up and have sex. Now if people in those countries mentioned had better heating and were warmer in the evenings then that would cut the birth rate in half, just an idea... Stick an extra lump of coal on the fire not another bun in the oven.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
6.9 billion is not too much if resources were spread equally.The earth even has enough for 12 billion if this was the case...but no,take the easy route out and tell everyone not to produce children...when most of the people in the world need large families and don't have the luxury like most of us on here to say we won't have any.Considering most of us in the west consume the most and lets say there are around 850 million people here.I say we lead by example, if people really wanted population control get that to around 300 million before preaching to other countries that we have raped and pillaged to fuel our luxurious lifestyles.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

But are they gaining a luxurious lifestyle? No!

They are living in tents & huts, still walking miles with a bucket of water & still spreading diseases......

Better to teach & learn by misatakes then to have loads of children i'd say.....

[edit on 7-8-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Sometimes a truth is just a truth. Every environmental problem we face is directly due to human overpopulation. Every single one. Until we understand that fact and recognize the math involved, we'll continue to escalate planetary degredation. Anyone who doubts this needs to do some research.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I think it is not so much OVER population, as DISFUNCTIONAL population......if you had 24 billion, self responsible individuals caring for the environment and others, it wouldn't be bad for the environment...

It is lack of QUALITY, not QUANTITY, that is the problem.....which is why people should think long and hard before having children, not just pop them out like a Pez dispencer for free money.

Actually have kids for the duty of raising a PRODUCTIVE, SPIRITUAL, SELFRESPONSIBLE, individual! (In a case like that I think they SHOULD have financial aide, when they are actually doing their JOB of parenting, it is a service to all of society)

Not some poor kid bought off with bribes, raised by a TV and crap food...

People who DO have kids should feed them properly, not just pass them some junk food and wonder why they are acting all loonie etc....it goes on so many levels..

Kids are not like some poor bad pet you can take to the pound to get put down when the novelty wears off...they are a MAJOR responsibilty towards the kids themselves, AND the rest of the WORLD that has to deal with them later on in life! Again, our FUTURE!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

well said that's why i gave you a star

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoolady
Sometimes a truth is just a truth. Every environmental problem we face is directly due to human overpopulation.

Sounds like corporate rhetoric to me. Lets be real here large corporations have been guilty of massive pollution in rivers, the air, on and beneath the soil causing much of the hardship people are equating to the damage of "overpopulation".

Anyone who doubts this needs to do some research.

Yes, yes I'll go so far as to say do research with an open mind. Keep in mind for whatever point your research shows to be "truth" other research will show "truth" from another perspective. So no one can say with an grand absolute certainty things are as we been told or even if the research we find on either point is solid or manipulated bias.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

And what do most of the worlds poor population do for a living? they farm..whether it be crops or livestock.They need all the hands they can get hence large families,technology to do the work for them is non existent.They also live under the same roof hence young hands too look after them when they reach old age.Very simple for us to say this or that...not so much for people who live on less than a dollar a day and live day in day out wondering if they will starve to death next month.Lets not forget the IMF also who are manipulated by western powers and pull these countries into a circle of perepetual debt....

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Lets not forget the IMF also who are manipulated by western powers and pull these countries into a circle of perepetual debt....

Exactly, folks who preach about "those people" and how their reproducing damages the environment should study the causes of "those people's" hardships. They would find behind the scenes nothing but good ol' GREED.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Chai_An]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
how about simply... save the planet, raise your children well.

Maybe all parents think this but I think my son is a polite, loving, caring and intelligent individual infact, everyone we know and meet always comment on it and in fact I trust him more than anyone else in this world. This is his nature but I also think its combined with how he was raised as well. I wouldn't dare preach to anyone about HOW to raise their children (although I'm a firm believer on no smacking) however, I do feel a lot of people have children and then don't put the hard work and effort that is needed to raise another human being.

Even if couples all have only one child each. If the love, care, attention, security and all the hard work isn't put in then the planet and the future of it would still suffer.

I would have ten children if they all grew to be as wonderful as my son but as I say it's hard work raising a child so I'll maybe only be able to handle another one, perhaps two if I feel like a superhero.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Lets not forget the IMF also who are manipulated by western powers and pull these countries into a circle of perepetual debt....

That statement is true but what about all this charity cash? Isn't that supposed to be spent on education? Many years have passed since we heard about AIDS but the problem is still there.....

Look..... all i'm trying to say is here where i live it is getting extremely tight/overcrowded and it's not healthy.......... i don't know about where you are but here it is.........

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

Exactly............ now they are coming here to have some of that greed for themselves......... so you see where this leads? They have near enough forgotten about their own Country's & people because they are enjoying the big feasts that is laid before them

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by Chai_An

Exactly............ now they are coming here to have some of that greed for themselves......... so you see where this leads? They have near enough forgotten about their own Country's & people because they are enjoying the big feasts that is laid before them

I understand what you're saying but it seems a bit selfish. When you compare how so many in western society live to how people in the bush of Africa, Asia, Central America, and yes even in certain parts of Europe one can clearly see westerners live in extreme comfort. Why can't others enjoy the same living standards we in the west enjoy? It's not impossible just not wanted by those whose intentions are to rob countries of their natural wealth.

That statement is true but what about all this charity cash? Isn't that supposed to be spent on education? Many years have passed since we heard about AIDS but the problem is still there.....

Good example of money being sent into black holes never truly reaching the people as it was stated to do. If some of it do reach the people it's just a trickle compared to the original amount.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Chai_An]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
I think it is not so much OVER population, as DISFUNCTIONAL population...... It is lack of QUALITY, not QUANTITY, that is the problem

And you are the arbiter of "quality"?

Let's think about this for a moment. Let's say you are a highly intelligent, well educated neurosurgeon. Top of the line - true "quality" homo sapiens. How great would it be if you didn't have all those "quantity" people mucking up your life?!

Well, let's think about it: that "quantity" person cleans up your garbage, answers your phone, cleans your 'scrubs', makes your scalpels, feeds your patient, etc. How much do you think you could accomplish without the help of all those lesser 'quality' people? Those losers! All they can do is a limited and basic chore! Right?

But, how much surgery could you accomplish if you were taking out your own trash, answering the phone, doing your laundry, making your own scalpels, feeding your patients? Do you get it? We all work together! You can't come up with this ideal that the population should consist of only 'super geniuses' because that won't work. Everyone may not be a neurosurgeon but neurosurgeons can't operate efficiently without someone to clean up their mess.

Don't dismiss the "quantity" people. They enable the "quality" people to do what they do.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chai_An

reply to post by Chai_An

I understand what you're saying but it seems a bit selfish. When you compare how so many in western society live to how people in the bush of Africa, Asia, Central America, and yes even in certain parts of Europe one can clearly see westerners live in extreme comfort. Why can't others enjoy the same living standards we in the west enjoy? It's not impossible just not wanted by those whose intentions are to rob countries of their natural wealth.

They can enjoy the same living standards back home if their country's leaders were not so greedy!!!

Why come to a City which is already full? There are other places on this Earth........ can't squeeze everyone into a small island........... 90 into 1 doesn't go!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
I think it is not so much OVER population, as DISFUNCTIONAL population......if you had 24 billion, self responsible individuals caring for the environment and others, it wouldn't be bad for the environment...

It is lack of QUALITY, not QUANTITY, that is the problem.....which is why people should think long and hard before having children, not just pop them out like a Pez dispencer for free money.

Actually have kids for the duty of raising a PRODUCTIVE, SPIRITUAL, SELFRESPONSIBLE, individual! (In a case like that I think they SHOULD have financial aide, when they are actually doing their JOB of parenting, it is a service to all of society)

Not some poor kid bought off with bribes, raised by a TV and crap food...

People who DO have kids should feed them properly, not just pass them some junk food and wonder why they are acting all loonie etc....it goes on so many levels..

Kids are not like some poor bad pet you can take to the pound to get put down when the novelty wears off...they are a MAJOR responsibilty towards the kids themselves, AND the rest of the WORLD that has to deal with them later on in life! Again, our FUTURE!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ShiftTrio

Why get that radical yet? Several companies are currently powering whole cities on methane gas that is produce by human and animal waste. Why not start there than go against evolutionary instinct to procreate? Why bother with our carbon footprint when methane is the bigger problem. It is 20 times more potent than CO2, and every walking, swimming, eating being on the planet produces it. So...why not use it?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

They can enjoy the same living standards back home if their country's leaders were not so greedy!!!

Same living standards back home? No remember their country is ravaged by man made ills such as war, pestilence, and famine to hide the fact the greedy big boys are stealing the country's natural resources. Yes the greedy big boys make sure that a person lacking honor (greedy puppet) is running the country so they can do as they please.

Why come to a City which is already full? There are other places on this Earth........ can't squeeze everyone into a small island........... 90 into 1 doesn't go!!!!!!!

These little people are trying to provide the necessities for themselves and their families so they go where they can do so. Their only aim at that time is to find what they need. Yes and I'm sure they are going to those other places too. How do you know when a community is too crowded? When there is not enough housing and utilities for the people already there.

Think about this, the authorities see more people in their cities as more tax payers, i.e more revenue. Some communities actually go out of their way to encourage refugees to settle within their boundaries.

The state sees them pretty much the same way, people to pay taxes which is why they try to tax everything. Businesses all rely whether directly or indirectly on more people settling in their communities, they need people to buy their products and services.

So in a nutshell the economy grows when there are more people earning and spending.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori

Several companies are currently powering whole cities on methane gas that is produce by human and animal waste. Why not start there than go against evolutionary instinct to procreate? Why bother with our carbon footprint when methane is the bigger problem. It is 20 times more potent than CO2, and every walking, swimming, eating being on the planet produces it. So...why not use it?

Awesome and yet doable idea. Two problems took care of, what to do with raw human waste and supplying energy to its population.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
How fascinating that the only people who get these messages are the people who are already reproducing below replacement level.

Like they are all Pol Pot, and they hate the people with education and self-control and want them all gone and replaced with the superstitious and uneducated who know no different.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join