It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration withholds data on program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Obama administration withholds data on program

www.google.com

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration is refusing to release government records on its "cash for clunkers" rebate program that would substantiate — or undercut — claims of its success.

President Barack Obama wants $2 billion more to boost car sales, days after the first $1 billion was made available. Obama has promised greater transparency, but Transportation Department officials say they don't have time to turn over sales data provided by car dealers.

The limited information shows most bu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

but Transportation Department officials say they don't have time to turn over sales data provided by car dealers

Oh please!
If the music industry can do it so can they
this is ridiculous
and that information from the music industry is available to anyone via Soundscan.

Ron Paul: Cash for Clunkers Hurts the Poor

I think it's important that the Obama administration confesses that this program is an utter failure. It's important for their reputation that already isn't so good.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The thing that kills me is that every car that gets turned in, no matter of condition, has to be disabled, most by pouring liquid glass in the engine. Instead of taking these cars and giving them to charities that provide vehicles to low-income families, let's disable them. nice. Bottom line trumps common sense once again.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

IN the last depression they slaughtered farmers animals in a sick attempt to control prices. In this one they disable engines of working cars.

Edit to add:

At least some of the data is out.

Four of the top five models sold so far under the U.S. “cash for clunkers” program, aimed at boosting the auto industry, are made by foreign automakers, according to Transportation Department data.

From Bloomberg

[edit on 4-8-2009 by jefwane]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I don't understand really why this was moved to this forum from breaking political?

This is hardly a partisan thread

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
The thing that kills me is that every car that gets turned in, no matter of condition, has to be disabled, most by pouring liquid glass in the engine. Instead of taking these cars and giving them to charities that provide vehicles to low-income families, let's disable them. nice. Bottom line trumps common sense once again.

I saw a report on the Cash For Clunkers too and it sickened me. They were seizing the engines of some rather decent cars - cars that still had 2-3 years in them. Geez, at the very least they could have been used on Mythbusters as crash vehicles. But they're flattened as well.

new topics

top topics

join