It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shades of Nibiru! Three Suns?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by add alone
reply to post by Cygnific

He's standing on his balcony....

You can even see the balcony next door.

No, he is not. Else the effect would not be the same.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I think this photo was taken through a double-paned window, and what we're seeing is a couple reflections of the 'main image' as the light zig-zagged back and forth two or three times in the space between the double panes ...

Just my opinion, of course, and quite a nice photo in any case ...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Look at the first picture. See the hazy fog / clouds near the water's surface? What's happening is that the sun's light is reflecting off the water, and projected onto the clouds. Some of the light is reflected off the clouds back to the water, and so on and so forth, each time causing a fainter image on the clouds.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

thats the best explanation so far

explains why the photographer said he saw it with his unaided eye...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Now THAT is a great analysis. You should send that to APOD
That actually makes sense.. each reflection less then the previous one

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Aren't you a sweetie pie! I do a lot of reading here, even read your comment to me.

Soon you will be seeking out people like me to answer all of the silly questions you have about what is happening, as it looks as though you are fairly ignorant about our universes.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

agree. There is the Etruscan vase effect of the initial sun, wherein the inverse image of the sun is reflected up from above, while the primary image continues "downward". I would guess that shortly after the sun set in this photo, that a green flash was likely apparent, as it is the perfect condition to observe one.

This is called an inferior mirage, and is pretty much exactly as you said -- a counter-reflectivity wherein the cloud and fog bank provide a "screen" for the image to be projected upon.

I also think that one of the images -- the one faint and far above the proper sun -- might be a flare upon the lense of the camera. I can't tell for certain, but it's circumference looks to be a tad smaller to me.

[edit to link]

[edit on 4/8/09 by argentus]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well it looks like some type of physical mirage, a type of "physical flaring" (just made that up). I am no meteorological expert but there are many unknown types of mirages out there I am sure, given the right conditions. I highly doubt it is another star because if one were close enough to be seen like that then we WOULD know it, I promise. The gravitational change from another star that close would change EVERYTHING. This is just simple celestial mechanics and understanding of gravity effects of spacetime (relativity). There is no way in my humble opinion this is another star, and NASA should specify that immediately before this starts another wild fire of BS Nibiru rumors. This is all in my opinion however.

I think iti s a neat picture though.

[edit on 8/4/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Doesnt this HAVE to be some sort of visual effect? Perhaps caused by the reflection on pollution in the atmosphere or something?
I mean, the suns are equally spread apart, fading, and are raised with each progressive 'sun'

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
Doesnt this HAVE to be some sort of visual effect? '

Isn't it obvious that it's Nibiru? NASA, due to a lack of information, "can't" explain it, therefore it must be Nibiru. Nevermind that if another planet was that close to the Earth there would be clear effects of it on our world. It has to be Nibiru!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay

Aren't you a sweetie pie! I do a lot of reading here, even read your comment to me.

Soon you will be seeking out people like me to answer all of the silly questions you have about what is happening, as it looks as though you are fairly ignorant about our universes.

Oh, really? I'm not even going to ask you a silly question, it's probably a pretty boring answer coming from an indigo child. Straight out of a new age book or law of one. Maybe one day, when Anu arrives, who knows..

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

reply to post by Odessy

I really like this answer...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
Isn't it obvious that it's Nibiru? NASA, due to a lack of information, "can't" explain it, therefore it must be Nibiru. Nevermind that if another planet was that close to the Earth there would be clear effects of it on our world. It has to be Nibiru!

Title says "Shades of Nibiru?" That is kind like "Holy Cow"

Sheesh Herr Bandito... get over it already

[edit on 4-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
There aren't 3 suns it's just the lens. As far as the user seeing multiple images, it could be just him needing to see an optometrist. I suffer from diplopia and see multiple images when an object emits light.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

I am of the opinion that Nibiru (if it exists...LOL sorry peeps...but it was supposed to be visible this year to everyone by naked eye) was coming through the constellation of Orion which is generally of the consensus of believers and...if the timeline was correct it certainly would not show up like this nor of this size...at this time...we have a lot of....magnifications of the sun/moon at times where they appear bigger. I think this is just an anomaly in the pic taken...but it sure is nice!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I have seen the use of cams that have taken, pictures like this before and believe that could be the answer. but the strange answer could be the crazy one- SPACETIME- Effect (ALBERT E )

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

What a nice image.......my new desktop for a while

I had a look through the setting sun mirages at UK Atoptics site.

www.atoptics.co.uk...

There was nothing there like your image.

Maybe that's what you see after watching 10,000 shaky UFO videos on ATS!

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

C'mon peeps lets face it...Nibiru...Planet X is NOT showing up visibly...by naked eye...nor since some posted stuff on youtube or whaqtever early 2008... and if it did exist allegedly should be seen by naked eye by now........Sorry Guys...It's a 'no show' because it does not exist.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jools
reply to post by Sam60

C'mon peeps lets face it...Nibiru...Planet X is NOT showing up visibly...by naked eye...nor since some posted stuff on youtube or whaqtever early 2008... and if it did exist allegedly should be seen by naked eye by now........Sorry Guys...It's a 'no show' because it does not exist.

Ummm.......

Did I say it was Nibiru?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Some people have so much plenty of time and they want to take the less time other people have.
Of course OP knows that it was a reflection. Now the question is, why..? Why he is posting this and makes a thread about it? Now this deserves a short sociological essay.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by deccal]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60

Originally posted by Jools
reply to post by Sam60

Ummm.......

Did I say it was Nibiru?

So what does the title of the thread infer then?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join