It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Deaths from the Bubonic Plague in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

More Deaths from the Bubonic Plague in China

www.google.com

It says this is air borne and can kill within 24 hours

According to the WHO, pneumonic plague is the most virulent and least common form of plague.

It is caused by the same bacteria that occur in bubonic plague - the Black Death that killed an estimated 25 million people in Europe during the Middle Ages.

But while bubonic plague is usually transmitted by flea bites and can be treated with antibiotics, pneumonic plague is easier to contract and if untreated, has a very high case-fatality ratio.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I hope china can keep this contained

This makes the swine flu look like a sore throat.
If this thing ever made it to a major population center we would be in some serious trouble.

The concern is this is not the flea bit version but the airborne version, this thing is like an Ebola.

While bubonic plague is commonly spread by flea bites, the deadlier pneumonic plague bacteria is spread through the air by coughing, and it kills about 6 in 10 sufferers if it is not treated, according to the W.H.O. The W.H.O. spokeswoman, Aphaluck Bhatiasevi, said that China regularly reported small, outbreaks of bubonic plague but that having it evolve into pneumonic plague was “unexpected.” The organization said that the mortality rate could be reduced to about 15 percent through treatment with common antibiotics. Most cases of plague occur in Africa, but the United States records about 10 to 15 cases a year, mostly in rural areas.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Ok mate.... i think we shouldn't post anymore about this plague..... it's pretty scary to know it's probably airbourne in that village..... it's a good thing they probably can't afford to get out of the City or Country!! This may be a bad thing to say but in the long run it's actually bloody great!!!

PLEASE THOUGH NO MORE POSTING ABOUT IT!!!!! At least for a week and if you hear anymore and you think it's for our benefit then do post!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Why not post about it just because it is scary? These are things that people need to know that are out there.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
In the article, it says it is pneumonic plague

[edit on 4-8-2009 by St Vaast]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

We know they are out there..... we just don't need to hear about it everyday!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Beats hearing about celebrities every day. Besides, it's important to stay on top of things like this in case they start to spread.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

yes you are right it is pneumonic plague , wich is similar to bubonic plague, only it is spread differently. pneumonic plague is spread by water droplets ie. coughing, bubonic plague is spread from bug bite, ticks mosquitos etc.
scary stuff.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

We know they are out there..... we just don't need to hear about it everyday!!!

So you are speaking for the entire world then? Well I DIDNT know about this so I am happy the OP posted it. I actually said out loud "the what" because I know this is a BAD plague and I had no idea it was even still around. This is important because you dont know how much of it will spread or has. I know this is one reason why I read ATS because I get information I know I dont see on TV. People should know what is really out there, if you dont like it dont read it!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
What was all the recent hubbub about reducing the global population?

China 1.4 Billion hmmmm...
I wonder.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Aren't there sporatic outbreaks of Pneumonic Plague globally?

India recently, North Africa and....oh, and the United States in the early 1990's?

mg

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

It's visible on the homepage so i can't exactly not see it can i?

Ok.... we know it is out there now..... maybe when you sign in tomorrow you yourself may be saying 'i don't want to read anything about the plague today'

And personally i'd rather read about birds of prey producing more offspring then the plague has been found wondering the villages of china!!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

So.... if it spreads to the USA are you going to log into this site to tell everyone about it or are you going to shi* yourself and run?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It's visible on the homepage so i can't exactly not see it can i?

Ok.... we know it is out there now..... maybe when you sign in tomorrow you yourself may be saying 'i don't want to read anything about the plague today'

And personally i'd rather read about birds of prey producing more offspring then the plague has been found wondering the villages of china!!!!

I see many topics (ie Obama ones lately) I dont want to hear about anymore but I am not going into that persons thread and telling them so. They have a right to post and I have a right not to read it.
Well wouldnt it suck if you ignored some of these threads and then one day you wake up and on the local news it says "plague outbreak" but then again you really wouldnt know because you would be reading about birds of prey.
Anyways if you dont like someones topic dont read it! I like to know all the possibilities so I can be prepared. I rather be over prepared than not prepared at all even with the plague.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Anyway there's already a thread about this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

"A lot of people ran off last night when they heard that another person died of this plague. They are mostly from other provinces," said a foodseller surnamed Han who runs a stall at the Crystal Alley Market. "They headed back home with food, mineral water and their donkeys."

It was unclear if the people who headed out of the town made it past the police checkpoints. Officials at the local and provincial level were unavailable to comment.

According to the World Health Organization, pneumonic plague is one of the deadliest infectious diseases, capable of killing a person 24 hours after he or she gets the disease.

"" I think the return of ,the person to person form, of Bubonic Plague,is very important to be known by ave,e and with the 24 hour death timer that goes with this disease,time is of the essence to get antibiotics.""

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AKARonco

GREAT!!! This is the last thing we need, if it ever comes over to America we are Fing doomed!! Mainly, because people here don't stay home when they are sick. Wow, that is scary!! That's scarier then swine flu. Praying and hoping it doesn't come here! I am glad they are smart about it, not let anyone leave, that's the best way too contain it, at least they have good heads on their shoulders. If it ever came over here our stupid president would be like, sorry folks but there's nothing we can do. While he's sitting on his butt with a gas mask on, in his underground base!!! Blah!!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Bubonic Plague in the Americas:

Yes, bubonic plague is now in Mexico and the US; as of 2009 that is.

New Mexico Boy, 8, Dies of Bubonic Plague
Friday, June 05, 2009

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — An 8-year-old New Mexico boy has died and his 10-year-old sister was hospitalized after both contracted bubonic plague, the first recorded human plague cases in the nation so far this year.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Bubonic Plague Re-Appears in Peru
AUGUST 4, 2010

The death of a 14-year-old boy with Down syndrome on July 26 signals a fresh outbreak of bubonic plague in Peru, Minister of Health Oscar Ugarte revealed this week. A total of 33 cases have been linked to the disease, which so far has been limited to the northern province of Ascope.

www.americasquarterly.org...

And it came from China...

The Bubonic Plague came from China
Mon, Nov 1, 2010

The exact origins of the bubonic plague have long been discussed, most historians agreeing at a time that the disease was most probably brought from the far east via the central Asia Silk Road. This Sunday, however, an international team of medical geneticists, who studied the disease’s DNA signature, confirmed that the Black Death originated in China more than 2,600 years ago.

Read more: www.zmescience.com...

...2,600 years ago.

Can the Plague mutate like the Flu? What does this mean for the Public? Will BP strike again?(get it; BP oil spill)

I won't be surprised if we have a BP epidemic...

NOTE: The reason I bring this up is because Alex Trebeck mentioned that the Bubonic Plague is in New Mexico on the latest Jeopardy episode last night. Looked it up and it seems odd that he would mention a story that was 2 years old.
edit on 16-4-2011 by AkaAlternate because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join