It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired school teacher captures UFO 'stalking' RAF Hercules on camera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Retired school teacher captures UFO 'stalking' RAF Hercules on camera

www.dailymail.co.uk

The retired school teacher was gardening when he noticed the sun glinting off the flying object as the Hercules flew in to RAF Lyneham in Wiltshire.
He said: 'I don't believe in things from outer space but that thing was definitely tracking the plane.
So far Mr Powell has remained in the dark since the sighting from his home in Westbury, Wiltshire, at 3.45pm on July 22.
A spokesman said: 'The MoD examines reports solely to establish whether UK airspace may have been compromised by hostile or una
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The Object looks more solid than a lenticular cloud I think,still not a good picture as Nick Pope says "fact that the witness saw something at the time - as opposed to noticing the anomaly after the image was developed" this says to me too that there was something there for this previously sceptical John Powell to run for his camera.

The UFO researcher explained that a formation known as lenticular clouds are often mistaken for UFOs, as they form at high altitudes into a smooth lens or
saucer like shape.
Nick Pope, who used to investigate UFOs for the MoD, said: 'It's an intriguing image. It's difficult to offer a definitive view, as the photo isn't that clear, but the fact that the witness saw something at the time - as opposed to noticing the anomaly after the image was developed - shows there was something there in the sky.

'This is more than just a glitch with the camera or the film.'

Zelong.

www.dailymail.co.uk (visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/8/09 by Zelong]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Nice pic.. there's a lot of coverage on this at the minute in the UK, I'm wondering if the pick a spot and then move on when they start getting noticed! Thinkin a different hotspot somewhere in Eastern Europe to start pretty soon!

S & F

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

You know more about these things than I do (I’ve learned *wink*) - but - why are people - UFO people in the article poo-pooing this photo?
I think it’s great.
But then again maybe that’s why I’m a gardener and not a UFO researcher.

Great find OP - keep 'em coming!

peace

[edit on 4-8-2009 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm no UFO expert myself, but it is very interesting. Using view image, then zooming in (thanks Firefox, et al), it looks a little too rotated for a "lenticular cloud" to me. Aren't they typically more horizontal?

But Russ Kellett, 44, vice-chairman of the British Flying Saucer Bureau, seemed to have solved the mystery.

The UFO researcher explained that a formation known as lenticular clouds are often mistaken for UFOs, as they form at high altitudes into a smooth lens or saucer like shape.

He added: 'There is just a dark area of cloud and a light area of cloud. There are no reflections, no lights.

'I wouldn't have given it a second glance'.

I don't know that it was anything of significance, but this expert does seem dismissive.

My biggest question would be, what does the man who sighted the "anomaly" mean by "tracking"? Is it to imply "following" or just "watching"? If it is the former, this may be of more interest.

top topics

join