It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Do We Use Lethal Force Against The Police?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
S+F

That's a good question it has been really apparent lately that certain officers have become more aggressive in the past few years do to the fact that the laws have changed in there favor. The police here in my hometown have gotten this idea in there heads that their able to use force as they see fit. I'm thinking one of these days someone is going to teach these guys a lesson in humility and pay the price for there actions.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by seagull

The question isn't really that hard. If you'd use lethal force against the nonpolice out there, then you'd certainly be, seemingly, entitled to do so against the police under the same circumstance, no?

Exactly what I was going to say!! Star for you!

LEO are no different than anyone else, unless you are a criminal. If you are a law abiding citizen, you have every right to use lethal force to defend yourself. In Florida, it doesn't even have to be at home. Our "Castle Doctrine" extends to all of our stuff and our person!

If you are not commiting a crime and an officer threatens you (in uniform or not), you should stick to your rights, assert yourself, ask for a lawyer, stay in a public area if at all possible, but in the end, if it comes down to your life or theirs, I am pretty sure who I will choose!!

Tennessee also has a Castle law.There are even provisions for leathal force against abusive or unlawful police actions. A no knock warrent could get somebody shot damn quick here in Tennessee!!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Hi, not picking on you specifically or at all. You mentioned as did others that of don't get in trouble, don't be a suspect, or just abide the law yadda yadda. Again, your's just stood out for some reason, but this goes to all just abide the law comments.

These police are hiding behind the color of law. They are hiding behind badges, judges, prosecutors, and government; which tell them it's alright to shoot someone with little 'cause'.

The links I provided are SOLID. I could go through, and pick story after story; sodomy, rape, bestiality, selling drugs stolen from drug dealers, bribery, extortion, etc.

My point in this thread was we can all see the main govt. is corrupt, but I'm just showing the "Sh*t rolls down hill"........ In the line of corruption.

There are verified events of Police taking 'care' of people who witness any of their 'dealings'.

I guess what I'm saying is the number of police acting in 'ill' regard is becoming very wide spread. I do believe we are approaching a threshold where more are bad, than good. Possibly we are past this threshold; since many people feel fear when stopped by them.

reply to post by Big Oil

Here, here, Sure I'm absolutely biased on this topic.
My answer should be obvious from the OP.

I travel, and live in Central America. The police are intimidating to gringo's, and foreigner's mainly. To locals, or 'shady' people 9 out of 10 times they are TOTALLY respectful. Why??? Entire villages have been known to bury their butts...... The shady people have been known to send someone to bury their butts. Sure, if a turista screws up, and breaks a law, then they'll harass them, but not many others. Interesting is all.

reply to post by daddyroo45

Castle Laws..... as in your home is your castle?

I think many states have those kind of laws. I'm still talking about different issues. Such as the numerous police caught lying lately, and framing innocent people.

Mentioned earlier in the thread was a Town Mayor who had a no knock warrant served on him.

The police KNEW he was not involved, but raided the house any ways killing family dogs.

I'm not knocking 'castle laws', but the officer who raped the cows, and then the girls never needed entrance to a castle........... Nope, all he needed was a badge, and gun.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Police Brutality Syndrome:
A mental state were as the officer or officers affected feel the urge to cause harm to innocent folks minding there own business, protesting the need for change or standing up for there rights. These individuals are to be treated with caution and should not be approached rapidly, even in an emergency situation.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Oil

Police Brutality Syndrome???? Heaven have some [snip] Mercy. I can see it now.

As the Police Officer Sues "We The People"...... The cause? It'll be something along the lines of it wasn't my fault I raped, murdered, framed, etc...... The officer will go on to sue for a million dollars because the rape, murder, etc. "Ruined his Life". He'd never have done it, but he was suffering from "PBS"........

Mod Edit - Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
All of these Christian (most are Christian) cops out tazing, beating, killing, and raping the public and we should just let them walk away. NO way in hell! Not if it were my daughter!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

Considering most of the US is Christian, you've made an interesting point. I wonder considering some of the atrocities, and the 'good' police do nothing, where's that place their values?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Ah, after deciding to take my computer in to the shop, I thought this would be a good thread to bump for the Saturday afternoon. I'm sure many people are dealing with police today.. Be Back after repair

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This topic really bothers me. My husband is deputy. He is one of the good ones that does not have a power trip or an authority issue. Yes, there are many that should not be in law enforcement. He sees this too. But you have many that are trying to do their jobs in a understanding respectful way. The meer title of this thread gives me chills! I don't know what the solution to the problem of good for nothing cops is, but I do know that they deal with scum all the time and I have seen him come home after a REALLY rough night of protecting us from the trash. It makes him mad that the bad cops give them all a bad name!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

But you have many that are trying to do their jobs in a understanding respectful way. The meer title of this thread gives me chills! I don't know what the solution to the problem of good for nothing cops is, but I do know that they deal with scum all the time and I have seen him come home after a REALLY rough night of protecting us from the trash. It makes him mad that the bad cops give them all a bad name!

The pure un adulterated 'ideology' of what a "peace officer' should be is great.

The day, and final age of Peace Officer with the motto "To Serve, And Protect" seemed to fall down somewhere nearing the end of the 80's. I don't know why that was.

It seems with the advent of the Internet exposing the bad police, all of a sudden even more atrocities committed "While just doing their job" have come down the pike.

The Peace officer of yester year has been replaced by Police Officer's wearing the insignia of military, and using catchy military jargin such as "Sir, step back, your encroaching on the Line of Demarcation"..........Huh, demar........what???

I feel for your husband, but as you can see from the links I provided, and many commentor's provided it seems like police "just doing their job" is bordering on supporting the totalitarian regime being emposed by the NWO.

I don't know starseed if your still online, but I do wonder when is enough enough??? When do the orders given to people like your husband, or the POWER given become to great? When do good men/women retire the uniform because of where the NWO has placed the Peace Officer? IMO the new hounds of hell.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Maybe in some of the bigger cities like LA, NYC, or even the Feds the NWO has it hold. We live in a mid-size city and I can attest that I do not know of any NWO red flags here. I would be the first to expose it and I'm sure my husband would make career changes. He is in this job because it's what he loves to do. He stands up for the law abiding citizen and protects us from the trash. He believes in justice.
Who do you call if there is a break in, or some crime or problem committed against you??? Law enforcement are probably the most hated and also the most depended on. Most of the guys he works with are great people but there are a couple bad eggs. Usually the bad eggs do not stay with it very long for whatever reason. I just wish people would see that there are bad eggs in every walk of life regards who or what they do for a living. Do not stereotype the whole profession because of some bad eggs! To talk about using lethal force towards police or anyone for that matter, I think is just morbid! I'm all for a good conspiracy but to post the question and suggest to some crazy wack job that could be on the edge already the thought that cop killing is just because you think the NWO is motivating them is not cool at all.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I don't think Sancho was suggesting some whack job take out a cop. He was asking how long do we think it's going to be before people started using lethal force against these cops that are raping and killing people.
Just because they are a cop should not make it ok.

You ask "Who do you call if there is a break in"? I don't call the police that's for sure, and I think most people I know have learned that's a complete waste of time and energy, so they don't call them either.

People seem to be getting the picture now days - the police are only there after the fact, not when you need them, and the recovery rate by the police for stolen merchandise is pretty laughable. So tell me why should we call them?

The police are good at writing tickets to bring in revenue and protecting corporate interests, that's their job.

The sooner everyone realizes this and learns that the police are not their friends and not there to help them, the easier it'll be for everyone including your husband.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Lest not forget the 1992 case of Multi-millionaire Donald Scott. Who was MURDERED, in his own home by a swat team.

Entering the estate on the assumption that there was a marijuana grow op on the property. Subsequent search by helicopters, dogs, searchers on foot, and a high-tech Jet Propulsion Laboratory device for detecting trace amounts of sinsemilla, no marijuana -- or any other illegal drug -- was found.

It was later found the true reason for the attack, was that Mr. Scott refused to sell his sprawling property to the state, so that they could increase the size of a park.

Early on the morning of October 2, 1992, 31 officers from the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department, Drug Enforcement Administration, Border Patrol, National Guard and Park Service entered the Scott's 200-acre (0.81 km2) ranch. [2] They planned to arrest Scott for allegedly running a 4,000-plant marijuana plantation.[1] When deputies broke down the door to Scott's house, Scott's wife would later tell reporters, she screamed, "Don't shoot me. Don't kill me."[3] That brought Scott staggering out of the bedroom, bleary-eyed from a cataract operation -- holding a .38 caliber Colt snub-nosed revolver over his head.[4] When he emerged at the top of the stairs (note: this was a one-story residence), holding his gun over his head, the officers told him to lower the gun. As he did, they shot him to death. According to the official report, the gun was pointed at the officers when they shot him. [1]

Despite a subsequent search of Scott's ranch using helicopters, dogs, searchers on foot, and a high-tech Jet Propulsion Laboratory device for detecting trace amounts of sinsemilla, no marijuana -- or any other illegal drug -- was found.[5]

...fallout...

Scott's widow, the former Frances Plante, along with four of Scott's children from prior marriages, subsequently filed a $100 million wrongful death suit against the county and federal government. For eight years the case dragged on, requiring the services of 15 attorneys and some 30 volume binders to hold all the court documents. In January 2000, attorneys for Los Angeles County and the federal government agreed to settle with Scott's heirs and estate for $5 million, even though the sheriff's department still maintained its deputies had done nothing wrong. [5]

Michael D. Bradbury, the District Attorney of Ventura County conducted an investigation into the raid and the aftermath, issuing a report on the events leading up to and on October 2, 1992. [1] He concluded that asset forfeiture was a motive for the raid. [6][7]

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department issued their own report in response, clearing everyone involved of wrong doing while California Attorney General Dan Lungren criticized District Attorney Bradbury. Sheriff Spencer sued D.A. Bradbury for defamation in response to the report.[4] The court ruled in favor of Michael Bradbury and ordered Sheriff Spencer to pay $50,000 in Bradbury's legal bills. [8]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
There is absolutely no reason to use lethal force against authority. If you do, you're playing into their game. If you have a brain, use it to your advantage. ¥ou have to go through many battles to win the war.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Its kind of funny that the civilian hit the police easily, but they couldnt hit him with multiple trained officers..

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Wow, I completely forgot about the Scott case. When you used the word MURDERD you weren't off base. The man was MURDERED by the swat team over his land. That's just sick and wrong.
Thanks for the memory!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I do understand where your coming from. Your husband, and many good men need their jobs. It's a vested financial interest in your family.

Again, with the evidence in the OP, how could you not consider the police, yes in general, a threat?

The very perpetrators in the OP hid behind a gun, a badge, and the color of law. I know the concept is not a pleasant one, especially for you, but what happens when you are the victim, or a loved one is the victim of a police assault?

Oh, I don't call the police. I learned a long time ago that I usually was the one who ended up the "issue". I call Meeester Colt; which I carry. I am of the firm beleif that a people have the right to defend themselves, and only the weak minded would wait for the possibility of someone else coming to their aid in the most desperate moments of need.

reply to post by Sundancer

Bingo, I totally agree with your comment. I am not advocating anything. However, I wonder when we will start seeing more vigilante justice towards bullies with badges, and guns.

I'll mark you down for taking care of yourself, and not waiting.

reply to post by king9072

Excellent material to bring into the discussion. I remember that, and I'm thinking the Govt. did take possession of the property for a short while???

I really do become hesitant at the thought of no knock warrants, and arrests.

The good conspiratorist I am, there is a really a beer bottle alarm on doors, and there really is my little friend next to the bed.

My practice is not nuts since we are in the age of violent home invasions where the perps. try to catch you off gaurd.

There is no reason for myself to have any no knock warrant served, but with the commonality of mistakes I do worry about it. I would end up dead, and the possibility of a couple police officers the same; all from a mistake.

Go figure.

reply to post by SphinxMontreal

QUICK, The officer has you in handcuffs, and whether your a male, or female the ole' boy is unzipping his pants.........what'ya do?
How about the crime is being perpetrated against someone you love, and you know the police officer whether it is rape, or murder, your loved one will NEVER recover?

reply to post by Miraj

Yes, that's what I thought, but the incompetence of that specific police dept. was amazing.....from the video...."Very credible" "We completed extensive surveillance before going in"...........all that to......."uh, we made a mistake???" what????

I also noticed the news caster calling it a 'secret warrant'; which I'm sure is what the police department told her, but either way that is what a no knock warrant is.

It's also something designed in manner that conflict can be present very quick, and in a deadly way.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I just figured I'd boost this one back up on the front page.

It's a decent read, and a good issue.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I've got to say,

If people would wake up to People Power than issues about whether we need to defend ourselves against the police, or let them run over us would be gone.

If we were the boss as we were intended, then there would be no issues as there would be no oppression

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join