It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Soccer Fans Urged to Drink Whiskey to Ward Off Swine Flu Virus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Russian soccer fans have been told to drink whiskey on their trip to Wales for next month's World Cup qualifier to ward off the H1N1 swine flu virus, the head of the country's supporter association (VOB) said Monday

Link to Source

"We urge our fans to drink a lot of Welsh whiskey as a form of disinfection," VOB head Alexander Shprygin told Reuters.

"That should cure all symptoms of the disease."

Russia's Health Ministry has issued a public warning against traveling to Britain because of the spread of the H1N1 virus but Shprygin said he expected at least several hundred fans would go to Wales for the September 9 qualifier in Cardiff.

"Health officials say this virus is very dangerous but being a fan myself I can tell you that for a real fan nothing is more important than the well-being of the team," said Shprygin, who also sits on the executive board of the Russian FA.

"Russian fans don't fear anything or anybody so this virus will not stand in our way of supporting our team."

The Russian FA also said health issues should not prevent fans from traveling.

"We don't want our team to be without any support for such an important match so we urge our fans to go to Wales despite the health warning," a spokesman said.

Whiskey? Well, if they SAY so. The typical Russian bravado is pretty entertaining, but I wish we would see a little more restraint. I suppose if all we need to do is drink whiskey, then everything will be fine.

Too bad avoiding the spread of an infectious disease isn't as important as a sporting event. Suppose life goes on, after all.

Edit to add the 'S' to sporting.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
what is soccer? you mean football?

Reminds me of the story of the Spanish King Alfonso XIII who was seriously ill after getting the Spanish flu, eventually he consumed a whole bottle of Bacardi rum and was actually recovered from it..Yes it helps..
I once had a little bit of flu and a friend aswell, we had a crazy party and had some xtc, the next morning the whole illness was gone, same with him..

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Whiskey?? Thats f'n hilarious! All we need are a few more drunk russians in the world. Good thing they didn't say vodka!

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Used correctly and sparingly (notlots and lots) whiskey is even considered a valid *medicine* by the AMA.
My Grandfather swore by it - when used correctly.
My Grandmother swore AT him when he used it, but, all in all Grandpa was right.

PHYSICIANS ENDORSE WHISKY AS MEDICINE; American Medical Association Report Calls Alcohol a Necessary Therapeutic Agent.

source

peace and, well, cheers, lol!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Good response. Star, and flag to the OP. In Latin America Rum is commonly used for medicinal purposes.

I've used rum sparingly with a "Resfrio", or "Gripe"=cold, and flu, alot.

Works very very well. Especially just to inhale the vapors from a glass. Opens you right up.

The British Navy up until the Late 60's gave sailors daily Grog......which is rum, and water..... It was like a fifth of rum daily.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
If getting wasted means staying away from swine flu, im up for it!
anyone with me?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by superdebz

sounds good to me

2nd line.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

So maybe I'm not against taking the vaccine like I thought I was.

I will take a h1n1 vaccine and coke please.... has a nice ring to it! Swine flu vaccines all around!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Don't try beer..........it does not work!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
No wonder i haven't been sick in ages!!!
Thanks Jack n' Jim

I'm all for getting toasted to combat swine flu.
If we all drink hard enough, maybe we can drink
this sucker right under the table

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
In 1918, my father lost 5 sibilings in 1 week due to the pandemic...one died one day...another the next day...Dug up the first one and put 2nd child in the coffin with the first.....

My mother's father, who lived a few miles away....and was a natural herbalist 'type' man....took a feather, dipped it in keroseen and lightly coated the backs of each child's throat...Out of 13 children....ZERO died.

Maybe the Russians know something we don't....Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water....Instead try to figure out "why" it might just work???

Just a thought....

top topics

join