It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman Employees Told No Big Purchases: Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Goldman Employees Told No Big Purchases: Report

www.cnbc.com

Goldman Sachs Group Chief Executive Lloyd Blankfein told employees to avoid making high profile purchases, the New York Post said, citing sources.

"This is a sensitive time for us, and (Blankfein) wants to make sure that we're not being seen living high on the hog," the paper quoted an anonymous Goldman executive as saying.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Do I really need to say who else does not like to draw attention to themselves after performing a heist? This is almost hilarious to me first thing I thought of was the scene in Goodfellas after the Lufthansa heist when the guy shows up with a mink coat for his wife and a new Cadillac.

Obviously Goldmans intent is to be sensitive to public outcry over them receiving billions from the govt, then paying out millions in bonuses while people are getting unemployed. Many attribute much of the current severe recession to practices instituted by Goldman.

But wow how perfect is this that they are acting in the same exact way as criminals would after a major heist. I mean if you didnt do anything wrong then whats the big deal about spending your well earned money?

www.cnbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Or, quite possibly they were told not to make large purchases because the company is planning layoffs in the near future?

I wonder what level of employess were told this.

If they were low on the totem pole...........watch out!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'm afraid they are not "acting like criminals".

They are not acting at all ! They are professional thieves

Any manner of banking , savings and loan, investment, funding, backing, etc... has always been a con game and this game should at all times be considered high risk gambling.

Gangsters own and run every financial institution on the planet and not one
of the entrenched systems is there to help their fellow man.

It is Crony Capitalism at its finest.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Yeah like they are gonna stop buying jets and boats and slurpee machines. And when they do decide to purchase something huge, nothing is gonna happen to them. More of our tax dollars going to line the pockets of the elite. Thanks stupid politicians.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This kind of reminds me about the internal memo AIG was circulating about how to avoid an angry mob and such. They even went as far as to encourage people to mask the fact they worked for the company to increase their personal safety. I don't much thinking curtailing personal purchases is going to keep their image up right now, most folks don't think too highly of financial sector companies right now.

new topics

top topics

join