It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US file-sharer refuses donations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio
reply to post by Soulhacking

So when will you be over to mow my lawn BTW

I will gladly mow your lawn for free if you can get a million of your friends to pay me 99 cents for the right to look at it.

Jon

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Starred and flagged.

I'm not going to post a link, but I have a music site where I allow people to download my music for free. Even if someone approached me to sign a record deal (oh what a deal!...psh) I'd tell them to shove the pen where the sun don't shine.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
He knows that if he gets donations, and gives them to the "evil" music companies, it'll just encourage more lawsuits since the music companies will just hope that people will feel sorry and donate money. That isn't permenant change.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
He was sentenced a life of poverty for listening to music.

Justice in America.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voxel

So when will you be over to mow my lawn BTW

I will gladly mow your lawn for free if you can get a million of your friends to pay me 99 cents for the right to look at it.

Jon

So you are telling me, that the people who download music, never listen to it before downloading it ? Again for the hard of hearing... 1 million dls are the 1% of all musicians . The most of the dls people take ARE TAKING MONEY AWAY from people who do need it. Not the record labels etc. Most groups you hear on the radio. Just break even. (at least in the rock world) Is .99 cents to much to ask?

Again.. I do not think these judgments are correct they are retarded, But I do not think people should be stealing, when it has been put in place to make it easy for every to own for less then a dollar. You are stealing Bottom line.

Just by the responses show you why they do it ..
If everyone said the this judgment is wrong. But I don't mind paying for my music at a reasonable cost. And you meant that, then these judgments do not happen. You want to fight the power.. Don't give them anything to go after you with. This is why they do it , because of the mis information people spread . You all think its ok to do it. And you basis for it is based on 1% of the people your doing it to. Thats just pure ignorance IMHO.

If it was this sub culture thing, and only a few hackers etc.. then you would not see it. But people have made stealing such an acceptable thing, by labeling it like this robin hood thing, but in reality your robbing from the poor in most cases, the musician just breaking even . In fact its just like any business. right now we are 50K in debt. But we did this to invest in our business in hope to recoup at a later date. And we work more then 12 hours a day on ave to produce this stuff. That is your average on the radio in some markets ,rock group . You don't know what your talking about, and your basing your opinions on it.

Don't act like you know the business if you do not. You cannot form proper options based on false pretenses

[edit on 5-8-2009 by ShiftTrio]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
the RIAA is sick to do that. i mean file sharing is morally questionable yeah, but isn't charging people $80,000 for stealing a $1 song too!

besides, it's not file sharing that they are suffering from ... it's signing awful artists.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Support the artists, not their shadowy puppetmasters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join