It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool! You can own your personal Satellite!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hi there,

Very funny to own a personal satellite. It costs around 8.000 USD and it lasts for a few weeks only.

The TubeSat also allows the builder to add his or her own experiment or function to the basic TubeSat kit. Examples of add-on experiments or functions include the following: ▼ Earth-from-space video imaging ▼ Earth magnetic field measurement ▼ Satellite orientation detection (horizon sensor, gyros, accelerometers, etc.) ▼ Orbital environment measurements (temperature, pressure, radiation, etc.) ▼ On-orbit hardware and software component testing (microprocessors, etc.) ▼ Tracking migratory animals from orbit ▼ Testing satellite stabilization methods ▼ Biological experiments ▼ On-orbit advertising ▼ Private e-mail

TubeSat

Cool!

Greetings Lunica

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Lunica]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Nice find, some interesting possibilities can emerge from this now available to public technology.

You can own your own images, who knows what you can pick up. Reading the page they have 'on orbit advertising' what is that??? I can see the private emails and the tracking options in the wrong hands could cause some trouble.

If I had eight grand to spare, I would have a go.

Peace

new topics

join