It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy against U.S. Presidency?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Vaast
A president is not a dictator, is not all-powerful.

A president is subject to innumerable influences who can, if they wish, destroy him very effectively in the eyes of the voting public (witness the current debacle over Obama's birth certificate and the disgraceful poster campaign)

The vulnerability of the President in the heated atmosphere of media-rhetoric is what I think is of concern.

It used to be that you gave a President one or two years before judging him.

Nowadays the President is attacked from all sides within a few weeks of taking up office.

The merit of smearing the Presidents reputation beyond repair as happened with Bush and is now happening with Obama seems questionable.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Nope, the office of president is weakened because we elected weak leaders! It is our fault by allowing MSM to sway our votes!

Yes, we elect weak leaders. But then we weaken them even more by attacking them consistently, rather than lending a hand.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Personally, I see this as more a ground swelling of distrust in our government as a whole, than anything like hate of an individual president.

First of all, 'hate' is a much overused, if not totally abused word. Many of us will never know what true hatred is. The best way I know to define it is by saying that hate is the opposite of love and in life, experiencing true love is indeed quite rare.

There are clowns who find fault with everything a President does, based soley on his party affiliation.

Then there are those who would only support a President if he agreed with all of ones personal opinions.

So before even talking about trust and love, what is missing in todays arena is a basic respect of the President as the President, regardless of party affiliation (imo).

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

Do you have children? If your children watched the leaders' on tv and said, 'Mum, Dad .. I'm going to X-location. I can't stand the state of this country any more. I'd rather die fighting than live as a slave to the military-industrial complex ! Come ! Join me! Together we can make a difference ! ' Then, he rushes to his room for his rifle and hand axe.

You are absolutely right about this point.....for now! That is exactly why the revolution has not happened, and people like Dooper and SgtChas are not up in arms yet. We are still quietly planning and preparing.

Things are not bad enough to sacrifice my life for, or my children's lives for, at least not yet! But, they are getting closer by the day, and my kids are 2 and 3. By the time they are 8 to 12, I will be sure they are ready for whatever may come. I hope they have that much time!??

When things get bad enough, we will gladly fight for the higher good and if our lives are the price that we pay, then so be it.

I would rather die for something than live for nothing, and I plan to instill the same "Midwestern" morals in my children. Where I grew up they called it the "Webb City Superhero Complex!" A town of 7000 had pro football, basketball, tennis, and baseball players. Nascar drivers. Actors and Actresses. Engineers, Scientists, and Farmers. Small town USA breeds some pretty strong-willed characters!!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut

If he showed one iota of being one of us, we would all drop our bias and hatred toward one another and stand united with him.

How would we know if he stands behind us or not?

Unpopular decisions are not necessarily wrong decisions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join