It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Bush Space Speech Planned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:03 AM
link   
www.spacedaily.com...

President George W. Bush plans to make a major speech early this summer defending his plan for a new U.S. space exploration initiative, administration sources told United Press International

hopefully this takes all the critics on bush his side and get some money flowing to nasa...

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Bush wants to spend more money on NASA when we are already in a lot of debt. Could bush save money and pay off some of the debt? I think that would be the smarter thing to do.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilikeburgers
Bush wants to spend more money on NASA when we are already in a lot of debt. Could bush save money and pay off some of the debt? I think that would be the smarter thing to do.

I thought the fault with bush's plan to go to the moon&mars was that he didn't plan to spend enough money and any mission base off his plan wound't pan out. Can't support this with any links its just what I heard from my Co-Worker(he is a Rocket Engineer).

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
I thought the fault with bush's plan to go to the moon&mars was that he didn't plan to spend enough money.

Sure seems to be a reacurring problem with him doesn't it?

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

euh I learned at school ect that the best way to earn money to bring debt down is cutting in big spenders and investing in high tech and cutting edge groups.
investing is best way to bring dept down...

less money to dep. of defence and more to Nasa..

Nasa is for most the important administration for the world its the best piece for global piece.. we can bring with nasa and global spending to space exploration a muslim a christen and a jew to the moon and let them see hand in hand what they accomplished.. and then for region where woman are not a part of society like in middle east we can bring a female moslim to space and see that they can go also to bring down that one to..

and let me remember you that the budget of nasa is less than 1 % percent of national budget and will still be after the planned raise of budget for this dep. so if you want to save money don't do it on these things but on dod.

and if you want to bring down dept this can only be down with a stable economy with spending on important things like space technology because let me rembember you were gps, mobile phones, sat tv, catscan, mri, ect.. is coming from.. yes Nasa technology and that's why we can bring down more things benifitial for mankind and which can be sold so more money comes in due to tax ect. more people life longer spend longer and have more work ect. we can go on and on.

the apollo project for every dollar spend at least 6 dollars came back..

and if we spend on this new vision we can create a complete new sector, space economy, space enterpreneurs, space holidays, space races � la formula 1, space lab, and for more it will increase change we might come in contact with et's because best way is be in space and they see our activety ect..

see you on the moon...

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

less money to dep. of defence and more to Nasa..

I love this idea
It will create 10s of thousands of jobs, set up next gen space access infrastructer and it might just maybe inspire a whole new generation of scientist now in school to shoot for the stars
Space is definately the final frontier and the current administrations plans are IMO short sighted. There are far more interesting solar bodies than mars as well(Saturn's and Jupiter's moons).

I can say one good thing about bush's plan and its the first stage. Sending a Nuke powered probe to Europa is a very good idea, as it has a much better chance of finding signs of life, especially if it brings a lander with a laser drilll or somthing. Who knows there could be a HUGE ecosystem of possibly complex lifeforms. Thats the point isn't it? To search for places in the solar system which can support life(cuz maybe it could support HUMAN life 2).

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Nasa uses around 3-5 percent of the budget, nothing compared to what the military uses. Using that as a reason would be the same for Columbus being denied finance because Spain needed the money elsewhere.
Exploration is in our blood, we will always find ourselves looking to see what is over that next hill.
Space I believe is where we will finally see that there is just one World and we all share it, like one HUGE SPACESHIP in which we must maintain the life support systems by the way we live, current fossil fuels and gasoline additives are destroying our drinking water and the air we breath. Space and what we find to sustain the crew who go to other planets are what WE the PEOPLE need here on the surface.

My 2 cents Michael

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Let's work on body armor and armor for HUMVEEs, then we can go into space.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Lets just stop killing people then we can go into space

Seriously though I think Bush is going to announce release of some exotic military techknowlogy to enable his plan. Propulsions and possibly anitmater. It will still be highly classified and under raps but will be used in the new craft by NASA.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
xeven how unlikely it is I hope so to that this will happen what you said..

new topics

top topics

join