It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Members: Topics related to the Obama "Birth Certificate" Issues

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The various angles surrounding the potential (and as yet unproven) issues related to the "natural born" status of Barrack Obama is causing a bit of a mess on the various discussion forums and threads. From this point forward, please follow these guidelines.

Existing Topics
If your post is dealing with one of the existing issues of the recently discovered "Kenyan" document, the Hawaiian documents, or other existing aspects of the story, please use one of the many pre-existing threads.

New Discoveries
If your contribution focuses on a new, previously unnoticed discovery related to the birth certificate issues, please post your new thread in the Political Conspiracies Forum.

Breaking News
If your contribution covers current and breaking news coverage of the issue, please DO NOT use the breaking news forum or news submission form. Instead, create a new thread in the Political Conspiracies Forum and be sure to include a significant amount of your own commentary/analysis on the news article.

NO EXCEPTIONS
Any new threads covering Obama's "natural born" status or the birth certificate issues that do not follow these simple (and temporary, until the dust settles) guidelines will be removed without warning.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation in keeping the discussions on this issue organized and productive for our millions of readers.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Thank you!

I mean... OMG, ATS is in on the cover up!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Wahoo At Last, many thanks........................im sick of the Obama birth cert posts...

A Flag for common sense!!

[edit on 4/8/2009 by davidifty]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Yes, thanks. Sick of it here, too.

And doubly sick of it, having watched Orly Taitz on You Tube today

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
For people coming late to the dissection of information, this will be very helpful. If enough people put their objective minds together in one place, great things happen. Thanks for rounding them all up. ♥

Taking sides plays a part of the alleged conspiracies covered on this site, but discovering hidden details and challenging your own reason is where the real fun happens.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Hazelnut]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Might I suggest the Trash Bin for these threads?

Keeping ATS clean from useless threads.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Good policy to limit the number of new threads on this, since it seems like some of the recently created new threads on it are duplicates without a discernible different objective than the "main" ~80 page thread.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

So you make this announcement on Barack Obama's birthday? Coincidence? I think not!

I always knew ATS was in on every conspiracy ever created. The proof is in the numerology, my friends!

8-4-1961 translates to 8+4+1961=29 and 2+9=11 and since Barack Obama has turned 48, 4+8=12 and 12+11=23 which is an evil number!!!!!!!111 Oh and isn't it just so convenient that Barack Obama was born on 8/4 and he has turned 48!!!

Yeah. You guys can't fool me.

Barack Obama was really born in the Hollow Earth 12,000 years ago. He's a shape-shifting reptilian anti-Christ sent from an alien race on Nibiru to lead the world to a 2012 apocalypse. I even have a grainy JPG image that I didn't make in Paint to prove it, but for your own safety and the sake of national security, I reserve the right to not show you.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Sham thread

So is this thread going to be shut down, or merged, or anything?

I alerted early in the thread, u2u'ed, complain/suggested, can I at least get an answer?

This thread makes a sham of the T&C. It is an obvious duplicate thread meant to take away from the prior thread, and to avoid opposition while everyone else is concentrating on the big thread.

Can I at least get a reply stating that nothing will be done about it, if that is the case?

Respects
Turbo7

[edit on 4-8-2009 by hotrodturbo7]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

I have to agree with you the thread you referenced seems like a pretty egregious duplicate when the OP acknowledges it's a duplicate in the OP:

Now if other ATSers can post multiple threads here on this supposed "smoking gun" surely the mods can allow me to post thread on why this birth certificate is a fake.

And there are other duplicates of that duplicate.

So maybe the duplicate policy could have been implemented a little earlier but at least it's in place now, I'm glad it is.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I alerted on this thread very early on when there were but a few replies, then u2u'ed a mod, u2u'ed SO himself, and utilized the complaint feature.
All I want is an answer if anything is going to be done. It's very disheartening to see T&C flaunted like this, when I have had friends leave this board after being consitently beaten over the head with the rules when they were trying to do good things. It reeks of partisanship and cronyism. Not saying that is the case, but I would at least like an answer as to how this situation will be handled, if at all. If nothing will be done, I can at least take my meager content to GLP where you know what you are getting when you walk in the place.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotrodturbo7
All I want is an answer if anything is going to be done.

This is a busy place, and sometimes a few alerts on duplicate threads either don't get noticed in time, or get lost during periods of high activity... yesterday qualified for both. By the time the alert or similar thread was noticed (because we were busy on a busy day), it already had lots of replies and we generally don't take action against such threads when there are more than two pages of replies -- it's not fair to those who contributed their posts.

It's very disheartening to see T&C flaunted like this,

I think you're over-estimating what's in the terms and conditions... there is no explicit T&C rule that prohibits the creation of spin-off threads. Dealing with similar or duplicate threads is a general forum management issue outside the boundaries of the terms and conditions.

It reeks of partisanship and cronyism

How so?

Also... within 24 hours of the topical explosion inspired by the Kenyan document on Monday, we announced this topic-specific temporary policy to control the madness. I fail to see how you feel nothing is being done.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

This is a busy place, and sometimes a few alerts on duplicate threads either don't get noticed in time, or get lost during periods of high activity... yesterday qualified for both. By the time the alert or similar thread was noticed (because we were busy on a busy day), it already had lots of replies and we generally don't take action against such threads when there are more than two pages of replies -- it's not fair to those who contributed their posts.

This I can understand, but is similar to saying "a wrong has been commited, but it's gotten so big we're just going to let it ride".

I think you're over-estimating what's in the terms and conditions... there is no explicit T&C rule that prohibits the creation of spin-off threads. Dealing with similar or duplicate threads is a general forum management issue outside the boundaries of the terms and conditions.

I understand the now that the new t&c "lite" is very vague on this, and most issues are left to discretion.

How so?

When a quality poster like Northern Raider, who always exemplified manners and decorum, is browbeaten over petty things like short posts, and a vile bully like Southern Guardian is allowed to stage a little flagwh*ring session and gets off scot-free, what am I supposed to think?
Inconsistent, to say the least.

Also... within 24 hours of the topical explosion inspired by the Kenyan document on Monday, we announced this topic-specific temporary policy to control the madness. I fail to see how you feel nothing is being done.

removed snarky line

[edit on 4-8-2009 by hotrodturbo7]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Now if I want to catch up on the latest news and theories, I only have to go to one place. Instead of trying to follow a million threads in a million boards.

Thank you!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Good, this topic was getting very out of hand.

It gets really tiring trying to find the days news and good discussions when there's 20 threads on the same subject and the same people are posting in all of them.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It seemed to me that the threads only got so huge because people were not interested in reading the whole thing and a lot of stuff got re-hashed. That, and the name-calling from either side.
It makes me wonder if in the future it would be useful to have a feature for the collection of hard facts/good arguments generated by the thread, for a quick overview of where things stand, as well as an open poll where people can vote what they think of the subject.

As for the special 'evidence and argument' display page, it would list the evidence and arguments side by side, for quick review. In this case, on the left it would list everything brought up to support the theory of the Kenyan BC being legit, and on the right all the evidence and/or arguments on why it would be a forgery.
Of course, it would take an unbiased mod or at least someone who can temporarily and professionally bypass their own bias for the duration of their mod duties, but I'm sure there are plenty of such mods operational here on ATS.
Perhaps something like the star system could enable members to alert the mod that a certain post is desired to be put in the 'evidence/arguments' display page.
Of course this is all just an idea and perhaps very difficult to implement, but overall, I think it'd be a great way for late-comers to get up to speed and prevent the re-hashing or 'hammering in' of evidence/argumentation.

As for the thread-specific Poll:

It could have three options: either side of the fence, and ON the fence...

Perhaps voting in the thread poll would only be allowed to members who contributed to the thread, and people could change their stance in the poll whenever they pleased (in case new evidence is discovered).
This would encourage people from both sides of the debate to stay in the main topic, rather than create side topics for the sake of having a thread in which all posters agree with one side of the perspective, generating a false sense of consensus on that topic to new readers of such thread.

It sounds good in theory, but I'm unaware of how feasible these kinds of ideas are, so take 'em all with a grain of salt.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I for one am glad to see this action taken. I am about sick of all these threads---It is like the Swine Flu Sequel.

Good job.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Thank you!

Personally, the topic is interesting to me, but I stopped trying to read all of the threads a long time ago. There was just too many people saying the exact same things in way too many threads.

It is like the Swine Flu Sequel.

Nah, I think it's worse. Seems to me that there is a lot more emotion behind anything related to Obama.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I agree with the previous statement of jkrog08.
This might as well be part of political games or agendas and i never folowed any such thread anyway...
Moreover i do not think the topic is of much practical relevance.
It is what it is and will not change anyway.

In everycase i think there was enough stir maybe even pressure in order for such action to be taken up. Anyone said that ATS is of no influence? They are wrong and propably caught the eyes of some not really happy about the situation here.

Whatever the case agreeing i will quote the post by davidifty:

Wahoo At Last, many thanks........................im sick of the Obama birth cert posts... A Flag for common sense!!

[edit on 5/8/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

You need your car simonized?
How about your windows washed?
Your dog shampooed?
Gimme a dirty job you need done and Ill do it gladly in THANKS!

*Happy Dance*

Thank you again...and again...and...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join