It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a Health-Care Bill Passes, Nurse Practitioners Could Be Key

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

If a Health-Care Bill Passes, Nurse Practitioners Could Be Key

news.yahoo.com

As the House and Senate prepare to embark on their summer recess without having passed any health-care-reform bills, President Obama's dreams of radically restructuring the system have, at least for now, bumped up against the reality of Washington politics. But even if Congress manages to overcome the many obstacles and pass some kind of meaningful reform this fall, the goal of covering some 50 million currently uninsured Americans will encounter a whole new range of hurdles.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Health Bill May Advance Without Bipartisan Deal (NWO False Flag!?)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Seems a little fishy that we want to employ that many more nurses along with the flu season.

I've been harping this to death but seems really strange that the health bill is more important than other things considering how bad our economy is, unless there was some hidden agenda.

Large administration of vaccines requires many more people who can give them. More nurses = more people can be infected with their vaccine that has no guarantee of working = more death this fall.

For background on this, check out my thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

More to come later...

-Sliadon

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sliadon

I've been harping this to death but seems really strange that the health bill is more important than other things considering how bad our economy is, unless there was some hidden agenda.

The agenda is simple. Offer the people a program on false premises, and once the people get hooked into it, threaten to take it away unless taxes are imposed and benefits reduced. The government has no responsibilities to keep its promises. The only responsibility government has is to grow itself at the sake of the people.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I'm an RN (can't wait to leave the field, it's a mess due to the bureaucracy already taking place) and I have the utmost respect for Nurse Practitioners. However, I do not feel they should be replacing doctors at all. There are a lot of things many NP's can do that doctors do. Hell there are many things RN's can do that doctors do. But medical school is very intense and most medical degrees cover a huge spectrum of science from physics to biochem to advanced mathematics. Do you really need to know advanced mathematics and physics to be a proficient doctor? I don't know. But I can go get an NP degree in a few years. As an RN I already feel my education that I received is a little light on the sciences so to speak. I'd have no problems with NP's working closely with MD's but to have all these independent NP's working on their own diagnosing disease and handing out pharmaceuticals is a little scary. I think the entire education of a doctor needs to be streamlined so that we can produce more efficient Primary MDs. 4 years of bachelor's and 8 years becoming a doctor is crazy. You shouldn't have to take a bunch of liberal arts fluff classes like humanities and world geography. You should be able to go right into the hard sciences. Medical school could be cut by 2-3 years. The entire process of higher learning needs to be more efficient nowadays. Half of a bachelor's degree is fluff. I understand that college is supposed to make us more well rounded and more informed/enlightened human beings but let's be honest most people go to college to pursue a career and get a job. It doesn't take $50k+ to become a more intelligent person. I can hang out on the internet or at the library and do that.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by American_SovietsThe agenda is simple. Offer the people a program on false premises, and once the people get hooked into it, threaten to take it away unless taxes are imposed and benefits reduced. The government has no responsibilities to keep its promises. The only responsibility government has is to grow itself at the sake of the people.

shrewd man (or woman)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Here is the thing. We are already seeing it here in Florida and probably in the rest of the country. NP's are actually staffing small clinics in stores , stand-alone clinics, and responding to non-life-threatening injuries in hospitals. I just recently had a pallet fall on me at work and messed my back and leg up something fierce. My employer's worker's comp insurance sends me to this little walk-in clinic. Come to find out it is a NP clinic. This NP took xrays , gave me a scrip for a muscle-relaxer, motrin and an anti-inflammatory sends me home. Next morning I woke up back completley seized and swollen. Go to the hospital and found out she had missed a fractured disk and 2 fractured ribs. Needless to say the doctor himself called the clinic and my6 work and explained the situation. I could have had some serious issues if hadn't went to see a doctor. NP's are slowly being used as a cost cutting measure to deal with things and it is gonna blow up in thier faces. They can't even prescribe DEA registersed meds. I was in and out of her office in less than 30 minutes while seeing her for a total of 10 minutes.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Thanks for the background on what all is going on locally where you live everyone

Does anyone have anything that they can offer me either way in terms of crediting or debunking my theory that it has to do with my previous thread and a sinister agenda with the upcoming Flu Season?

-Sliadon

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliadon

Seems a little fishy that we want to employ that many more nurses along with the flu season. I've been harping this to death but seems really strange that the health bill is more important than other things considering how bad our economy is, unless there was some hidden agenda.

The healthcare bill is very important to Obama because his agenda is socialization. If he can't socialize health care his whole agenda may fail.
BTW "socialization" has slipped out of the mouth of many liberal politicians lately, notably Maxine Waters.

For government healthcare to work, things must change in medicine. The biggest and easiest thing to change would be to stop awarding huge paybacks for malpractice. But Obama is in bed with trial lawyers and is a lawyer himself so is loath to make this easy change. Something like limit liability to $100,000 and if you loose your case you pay damages, something easy like that would be a godsend for human medicine.

So the next thing Obama thinks of is send out the nurses and have them do the work of the doctors. There's more of them, they work for less, they're well liked, etc. Great idea right? Wrong. Nurses don't have the training in diagnosis, treatment, surgery to do the work. It's been proven again and again. Impossible. Nurses can help immensely but they are not doctors.

Again, ease the malpractice threat to doctors and problem solved. But Obama the Great can't do that because of his trial lawyers.

WHO and governments ALWAYS overestimate the threat of the new disease on the block. I'm still laughing at the billions spent on Bird Flu and the near zero cases that turned up in either birds tested or humans. A non event! And now they're hyperventilating about H1N1. Incredible! People in general know zip about viruses and flu so I guess they think we are fair game. Make us paranoid about whatever disease and we will pay more taxes and be willing to give up more rights.

top topics

join