It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

powers of numbers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Has anyone come accross the "syncronisity" of numbers popping up that seems to correlate with a timely event or "coincidence" of some sort. Have you ever thought that numbers reveal the secrets of the Universe....
Numerolgy has played a part in history of showing a mythological and mystical power of the use of numbers. Pythagoras was one teacher of this mysterious occult teaching. It is true in part that our numbers do reveal aspects of our potential prospects in life as well as our negative inner traits. The use of numbers has been widely spread throughout the years-is it just superstition or is this a source that we can all tap into?

[edit on 4-8-2009 by catalyst2466]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I think you might be interested in reading about Kammerer's work.

There is also a French author, Jean Moisset, who pursues this knd of research; some of it is in English.

Scholarpedia: the Law of Series

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Thanks for those links- I will definately do some research-
though havn't heard of those names you mentioned, most appreciated, thank you.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by catalyst2466

I see numbers all the time but most prominently are..

13,11:11,666,39 and 44

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I think this may have a correlation to the time wave, if you believe in that sort of thing. It tracks the rate of novelty in human experience, essentially the odds that any random thing will happen get closer to 1 as the timewave shows less novelty (approaches 0). *shrug* still early for me and on my first cup of coffee, but it is a thought.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

I think or what I see is that this is the case of "sycronicity" at play- be it numbers or some other symbolic "messenger". Though with numbers they do create an air of mystery-something that is almost elusive and inexplicably fathomed.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Glad you find them useful.

BTW, I just remembered I participated in a thread about watch/clock "coincidences" a while ago: here is one of my posts that you might find interesting. (And BTW, it's happening again.
)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This is an interesting topic.

Do any of you know how to decipher the meaning of numbers aside from their mathematical aspect?

Out of curiosity, what does the phrase "I am the 32nd son of my father" mean? If someone has a guess or knowledge, I'd like to hear an interpretation.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Wow! Hazelnut- that sounds pretty "biblical" to me- don't have the slightest clue, interesting if someone out there does- but on this note that is the other thing- the fact that the bible is riddled with numbers in terms of they're excerpts in palms and so forth, as well as numbers mentioned in the prothetic messages...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Well, I know that people have associated numbers with the inner workings of the universe for ages. The Cult of Pythagorus is a grand example of this. I personally think this is probably a residual memory passed down through the generations from the last great civilization of man. Maybe an understanding of synchronicity would help unravel the mysteries of space time and the shelf life of twinkies?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I agree. But I have no idea where it came from. Subliminal probably. Maybe I read something or heard something that blended with something else. But that phrase just seems to linger for unknown reasons. I even tried googling the phrase with no results.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Well, I know that people have associated numbers with the inner workings of the universe for ages. The Cult of Pythagorus is a grand example of this. I personally think this is probably a residual memory passed down through the generations from the last great civilization of man. Maybe an understanding of synchronicity would help unravel the mysteries of space time and the shelf life of twinkies?

Agreed! and we would hope but unfortunately this process is rather slowly developeing, at least we have had breakthroughs throughout our history in terms of modern technology and vast medical treatments of unwanted disease. ...So then back to the twinkle magic mystery of numbers....

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

On a similar note, since music is math, check this out. Also check out Mr. McFerrin's comments at the end of the video.

Bobby McFerrin Demonstrates the Power of the Pentatonic Scale

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth

I see numbers all the time but most prominently are..

13,11:11,666,39 and 44

Same here! 666 is all over the place for me. I'm not a christian nor do I believe those numbers have any evil meaning to them, but I do wonder why they keep presenting themselves.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hey guys! -its's actually quite late over here- Southern Hemisphere- Shall need to tune out. ...But!!! Can Anybody gifted out there give me the numbers for tatslotto -Would be most appreciated!!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
December 21, 2012. 12-21-2012. The number 11 is the number that is the added result here, is a highly significant mystical number. Also the number 3 is the number of god. 144 is the accumulation of the number 9. 9 is a highly spiritual number. It is the number of completion. Both the beginning and the end is thought to "symbolise" the number 9. It also is seen as the image of the serpent- haveing both head and tail, and thus in a circle, symbolising a "completion". There are many hidden messages and metaphors in the "Occult"- wisdom of Numbers

[edit on 9-8-2009 by catalyst2466]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I've been seeing '11:11' all little too much lately as well as '10:10'. But, the one number that followed me for years was '26'. I have no idea about that one. The '26' sightings have stopped though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join