It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why follow!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I'm sick of users following me.

IF you feel strongly against me, u2u me and talk to me, don't go around gossiping or attacking the threads I make or my posts.

This is getting old really quick.

Get a life, I don't even follow around people I know on ats, its a sick person that follows someone they hate on ats, criticising them..

Get over it, ignore the member, and move on. [snip]

Mod edit: I think you got your point across without the final jab.

Peace

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm confused. Don't you get more points when the haters post in your threads and make them more interesting and argumentative? I mean, many times I see your threads heat up and other people argue your side, so you don't even have to deal with the haters.

Yeah, following you around to argue with you is pretty lame, but some people have nothing better to do. I have nothing better to do than follow you around and watch the silly arguments erupt.

"These Obama birth certificate threads are boring... I wonder if Republican08 posted any new threads lately..."

I will gossip about you only to take bets on how long it will be before you get bored challenging the theists. But I don't really have a horse in this race, so I'm only here to observe.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

Well thanks for the laugh. Chuckles.

No but it disrupts the whole thread, when one person is making a point to be discussed. And the the other side is pretty much like "Don't hate on me cause i'm theist biotch". Then they personally attack you. and the whole thread is lost

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I mean, many times I see your threads heat up and other people argue your side, so you don't even have to deal with the haters

How true is that

That happens all the time on chat boards after posting on the same board for a while- you get 'clicks' and certain peeps become untouchables- they dont have to do anything all their fans do it for them

I havent been here very long so I havent noticed peeps attacking you Republican but I know what youre saying, some boards you can even do a search on someones ID...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This just popped in my head.

Are your objections to followers reserved for the haters or the lovers as well?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
No but it disrupts the whole thread, when one person is making a point to be discussed. And the the other side is pretty much like "Don't hate on me cause i'm theist biotch". Then they personally attack you. and the whole thread is lost

Okay, I'll try to add something constructive to the thread instead of just joking around.

Seriously, you don't see how some theists might perceive your OP to be a "personal attack" on them? When one's salvation (for example) is tied to their beliefs, they are bound to take it personally when their beliefs are disrespected. Perhaps even questioning them is perceived as disrespect. Sure, that's not being very reasonable, but you see where I'm going...

Maybe when you post a thread asking a reasonable question, you could be more conscientious about the way you word it...

For example (and yes I'm exaggerating, NOT quoting you),

"Why do you people not question your religious beliefs in something that cannot possibly be proven to exist any more than an omniscient spaghetti-monster whose own scriptures are contradictory of itself and has been over and over again proven by scientists to have no basis in reality?"

Could instead be worded like:

"For those of you who have an unwaivering faith in a deity which, as an atheist, I have a hard time grasping, could you please help me understand what inspires you to believe and motivates your faith? Do you know of any scientific or archaeological evidence which supports your doctrine, if you have questioned and investigated? Or is your faith based on personal experiences and revelations which support your belief in a particular deity? And if so, why do you identify with that particular deity?"

But perhaps some would still take that as a personal attack. Anyway, what I mean is, if they feel personally attacked by the way you form your OP, they are more likely to personally attack in response.

It definitely does reduce the quality of the discussion though, I agree.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I would not worry about this to be honest.

You do create controversial threads, its bound to create some heat on the boards at times.

Im sure you know where I am coming from.

My advice, chill and post what you wish as we all do, after all if we agreed on everything there would be no need for ATS.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

lol true.

And to EMachine- do you guys really have a bet on me?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

"You guys"... I don't know to whom you are referring, the only person I would actually "gossip" to about anyone on ATS and place such a bet would be my husband, but he's not interested.

QQ

(the Q's are my crying eyes)

[edit on 8/4/2009 by eMachine]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Awww I'm sorry you're being messed with, people are immature and cruel - especially on ATS. You have to keep in mind most of the people you're dealing with in here are Christians. I get shredded all the time. I even had a chick start a thread about how bad one of my threads were and she asked everyone to give her stars and flags if they agreed. That's messed up stuff. Just have fun and remember when they do mean things to you, ignore them because it's part of their religion.

Flag for you friend.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Maybe the problem lies within yourself. Besides, the way people act toward you is indeed a reflection of YOU.

-Dev

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
Maybe the problem lies within yourself. Besides, the way people act toward you is indeed a reflection of YOU.

-Dev

Hold up! The way people react toward you is a reflection of themselves, their bias and personal perspective. No one is responsible for the actions of another. Just my perspective.

new topics

top topics

join