It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Son 'changed' as he stabbed mum

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I think that the people who hear voices are not into that tech - they just hear them.

And that is sad, because they either kill someone, or vanish into themselves.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
What happens in mental cases is, they loose the ability to identify a thought coming from their own mind, and they get convinced that it is someone else.

You know that voice in your head you "hear" when you read silently? That is the voice they "hear", but they for some reason believe it isn't their own.

Depending on the good/evilness of the thought, some people will will identify it as God or the Devil...

As for mind control technology, I don't believe for one second they have the technology to implant voices into the head. They can only control your mind subconsciously by placing subliminal messages in key places, or by telling lies that look like truth.

They DO have sound technology that can play sounds in your ear that nobody else can hear (unless they are in the path). But you could just use ear plugs or cover your ears to stop that... that wont be mistaken for hearing voices "in your head", that's more like "in your ear". You can also find the location it is coming from in that case, like surround sound.

---educated.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
There is no smoke without fire.

Listen to them, we are all so smart we must disregard and second guess.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

so you are telling me that that technology could not be used to make someone "hear voices"?

given the principles used in these speakers and an unlimited budget, how long do you think it would take to develop that tech to the point where it could be used to target the bones of the inner ear fairly specifically?

using the fact that sound waves change frequency dependent on direction of travel and distance from source, i would suggest that they might even be able to develop some range capability.

especially given the thought that covert communication is a perfectly legitimate and desirable use for this technology. if a crude system has been developed like these speakers then i would be absolutely shocked if the intel communities didn't have it available to them in a very developed form.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

People have been hearing voices long before technology was invented, and they will long after.

I am just saying that I don't think it is because of technology, not that I think technology can't.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
yeah, they have spellbound, no doubt about it.

i don't mean to imply that the only reason that people hear voices is this technology, i mean to say that it is possible that this technology can be and is used to make people hear voices.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
Yes, marijuana is a great drug and has been blamed for a lot.

aw bless the marijuana hope we didn't hurt it's feelings

For one thing, it eases people's physical pain.

heroin might ease my pain if I had a bad toothache but it might not be appropriate (I realise that heroin is even worse but it was in response to the argument of pain relief which is not reason in itself)

And for another thing, it eases people's mental pain.

It makes their mental pain worse and more likely, it may occassionally dull whatever issues they have, but ultimately it aint good for the head

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Well if you ever want to ask anyone about what its like to go through a episode and SURVIVE (people make out like you hear voices and its with you for life or you end up killing yourself because of it)..but im a survivor and I can tell you it creeps up on you like a Cat stalking its prey.
My trigger was through social isolation and rejection which got to the point of insomnia and agrophobia.
You can easily say "why didnt you go out and make friends" but my circumstances at the time was that I was young and still at the age where I wasnt allowed out the house after 10, I couldnt drink at the pub nor did I have any friends to hang around with. Nobody took me on job wise and qualifications meant I couldnt get into college or uni. Basically I ended up spiralling down and ever so slowly that "inner conscience" you feel started turning into a voice. It doesnt happen overnight but a gradual transition where you'd wake up one morning and feel like someone else is with you, not inside you or next to you but just "with" you.
Luckily for me I managed to turn things round before I did anything really stupid, I tried to seek help but the therapists only use what you tell them against you, so I had to go it alone and sort myself out MY way. Im thankfully 100% sane, but just a little shy now these days.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
im sure the doctors can give him a pill to make him fit back in with the rest of the sheep.. cant have anyone realizing the world of demons is real and telling others...he might frighten the sheepeople

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
reply to post by spellbound

"P" is Methamphetamine link

Don't start new garbage about obvious known drugs.

Meth is nasty enough, you want to make the standards worse? P. Omg My sone said P, he's on METH!!!... wahh.. please.

Just today on the Dr Phil show, there was an absolute HYSTERIA about kids pretending to smoke smarties, and snorting some cool aid.

"The next thing, they want the real drugs. This is an epidemic !"

WTF?

It's abloody ratings epidemic, sure.

Call meth, Meth... don't go saying it's "Purry cat and the hot dog" coz ffs...

it's nasty stuff but really easy to produce by home chemists,

No it's not actually. It's actually bloody hard.

It's easy if you have a cook in your group of friends, but by then, you're not just wondering anymore....

This reminds me of the "CGI is as easy as falling off a bike!" thread...

It's easy to make methcathinone, sure.. not methamphetamine.

one of those drugs that would only ever be used in a country where the safer stuff is unavailable due to criminalisation.

Amphetamine has been used throughout recent time as a remedy for things such as asthma to coughs to hyperactivity. Still is today. No amount of demonizing it will change that, not more than calling opiate addicts evil names, while granny and gramps take their morphine tables for pain.

Dexmethamphetamine is given to children. ADHD anyone?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
Don't start new garbage about obvious known drugs.

click the link, "p" is a nickname used for meth in new zealand, apparently. the member who mentioned P is from new zealand but didn't know what drug was being referred to. they asked what it was, i responded. ( i think it probably should be "pee", due to the smell of ammonia that is sometimes present in chemicals that haven't been "washed" properly)

No it's not actually. It's actually bloody hard.

compared to what, compared to ecstacy or '___', it's easy to manufacture for home chemists.

Amphetamine has been used throughout recent time as a remedy for things such as asthma to coughs to hyperactivity.

my point is that the harm caused compared to the high attained would make it low down on the recreation preference scale if availability of quality product wasn't an issue.

EDIT: and just curious, which medical form of amphetamine are you referring to when you say "Dexmethamphetamine", it doesn't seem to be an actual name.

[edit on 4/8/09 by pieman]

[edit on 4/8/09 by pieman]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Many years ago a Lutheran pastor told me of his experiences with the demonic realm. A young woman came to him and asked him to perform an exorcism. I don't know what he said to her that made the demon leave, but he saw it go past the window when it was over. He also told me about a visit to Hawaii with another fellow. They visited some very large 'sacred' rock that had some association with a Hawaiian princess (Sorry my memory is sketchy on the details of the location, but not of what happened next. They were walking around the rock, on opposite sides of it, when they both heard a deep low voice saying 'I am very, very old'. They quickly left the place.

Then, a few years later, I was in a place I shouldn't have been with a man I shouldn't have been with. If you can be addicted to a person, I was addicted to this man. Out of the blue, he said in a very deep low voice 'I am very, very old'. It wasn't his normal voice. I left very abruptly!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I believe its the depression drugs causing these cases.

My brother started hearing voices when they put him on depression meds and he also became violent being on them. We are so hopeless we dont know what to do. If he suddenly comes off his drugs he gets worser and tries to attack us.

We have tried everything to help him to no avail. My dad is willing to to sell the house to pay for sometthing to help him get his son and my brother back if a treatment will work for him to get him of these dangerous depression drugs.

I try to tell people that these depression drugs are changing people but no-ones listening unless they are in similar circumstances.

My brother and i are like twins. He was normal before they put him on them and he was not hearing voices until they put him on the drugs. Then s they kept switching his medication we noticed many violent changes in him especially if he misses one day of taking his tablets.

My family is quietly pleading for help a miracle even but we are not goign to let him be locked away. He was the quietest and most loving in the family. My whole family is suffering and crying because of it.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The mother in the story said her son's voice and face changed. I think a mother would be able to detect the difference in her own son easily. Why would she make something like that up? To save his life from a murder conviction?

I was once (long ago) involved with a guy who began shooting up various drugs, angeldust, thc, coc aine, etc... When under the influence of the drugs, his voice, face and behavior changed dramatically. He scared the crap out of me many times, not to mention the extreme physical violence. Afterward, he had no memory of the things he said and did. But I never forgot. The only difference between that experience and the story in the OP is the voices.

Speaking of voices. Have you ever had a random jingle or song pop into your head for no apparent reason? Subconsciously, maybe we hear tunes or quotes that replay in the background of our minds like a monotonous broken record. It is harmless but still, what causes it?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This is truly frightening for anyone. One moment your father, mother, brother, sister, or any acquaintance is normal and the next moment they turn into a rage filled beast. This sounds like it happened in a split second and blindsided the mother. As mentioned earlier in the thread, with everything deteriorating around us, this type of thing is only going to increase 10-fold. Now that is creepy, but it is something we can expect if things don't get under control.

Apparently, the child was dealing with the problem for sometime after the police went through some of his personal effects. I wish people weren't so afraid of telling someone about this, but sadly, they expect to be told that they are nutz, possibly being committed, and put on medication forever. These people suffering from voices and other mental impairments try to tackle their demons on their own because they are uncomfortable talking about it to others. We are a society that prides ourselves on outward appearances, and any kink in that; we tend to alienate. I hope this experience doesn't ruin the boys life when the ramifications of his actions become known. He murdered his father and almost killed his mother and by all indications it wasn't him doing it.

These are all human being and they could be your immediate family or friends. I just hope over time we can make these people feel comfortable talking about the demons that ail them, because that is the key, communication. I'm not talking about shrinks either because that is another turn off for these people. Not a rigid, institutional, narcotics induced setting but a comfortable one with people they can trust to keep their best interests in mind.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
My Auntie suffered from being bi-polar (manic depressive) and I also think was borderline schizophrenic. She died last November it has been declared as suicide but in my opinion it was more of an accidental death.

My Mother is a social worker and told me that in the weeks before her death she entered a catatonic coma and had attempted to slit her wrists. While the Doctors were carrying out stress tests to see if she was faking the coma or not my Mum asked her if the voices had come back. She nodded and replied if I move or react they will kill me and my family. I had learned that these voices had been in out of her head for the past few years and finally they had pushed her over the edge.
The following week, whilst in care, she went to the bathroom smashed her tea cup on the sink and stuck a shard in her throat. It was her 49th birthday, the on call doctor had refused my Mother to take her out for the day earlier as he couldnt be bothered to prepare her notes and meds.

In the end my Auntie rattled due to the amount of pills in her system, the side affects were very visible too. Mental illness can strike randomly and at any time, my Auntie was a nurse all her working life, even to the day she died.

More understanding is needed and more therapy and love rather than drugs should be used to treat the disease. I am not however saying everyone hears voices, some will lie to get themselves out of an unwanted situation and use any means possible to justify their actions, it does not mean that there are no true cases.

Thanks for letting me get that out.

Peace

[edit on 4/8/2009 by LestatG]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I use to hear voices telling me stuff like this but now I take medication. It's been 12 years since I last heard voices. Stuff like this has nothing to do with the devil it's just delusional thinking cause buy a person whos mind isnt working right becuase of a chemical imballance in thier brain.

When someones delusional or schizoprhenic and hearing voices they try to rationalize whats causeing it. Alot of times they come to the conclusion it's spiritual eventhough spiritualality has nothing to do with it. I've been there and back I know.

These types of people realy are sick and need help. I've read so many stories about the mentaly ill doing stuff because of thier illness and then thier villinized by the media and poeple. These people can't help it that thier born with genetic defects in their brain. Society just wants to sweep them under the rug or lock them up in prisions. When in fact alot of these types of people could lead normal lives with medications.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This is just my opinion, but I believe we are transcending duality as a species. We are desperate to move beyond the slave era, the era of robotized control. The first step, however, is to "cut between the devil and the deep blue sea," to quote a somewhat popular song. The devil represents the tiniest of details. The ocean represents the infinite. I think we are transcending the ego into the infinite, as a species, although it will not happen overnight. Some might fear the infinite, and run to the devil, so to speak. I think many who quote the devil as being the reason for their offense, I think they are desperately running from some other mental awareness. They are frightened, and they run back to the tried and true devil. You know, that selfish, warring, competitive, ruthless, disregarding spirit that rules the world. The zeitgeist of power and control. The dragon that always eats itself. Here's to the dragon enjoying a tasty meal of his/her own flesh. Cheers. And may the devil be subject to the infinite, rather than the infinite being subject to the devil. I speak in metaphor. You might agree on some level, but make sure you read between the lines. You cannot think of this thing literally. It is a psychological/mental common thread, I believe.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by orwellianunenlightenment]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by orwellianunenlightenment

And this is not to irk people of particular religious faiths, but I have noticed that the more credibility that one gives to "the devil," the more the devil rules that persons life. The devil becomes their false God, so to speak, because it is much easier to conceive of the narrow and finite rather than the expansive and infinite. Hence, the "God" that speaks to many people is "the devil." They simply cannot distinguish their ego from themselves. This goes just as much for the secular, BTW, because people easily notice that deception and manipulation have bountiful rewards on this little planet. They succumb to the destructive tunnel vision as well, and neglect to see "the Other," "the mystery," etc. When the hosts are tapped out, however, the parasitical ego must undergo a vast restructuring. Here is to that restructuring occurring on a massive scale, as has already begun, and will occur once humanity has had enough of its dark night. Once it hits its perceived rock bottom. Here is to looking up the spiral, and not forever being bound by gravity. Your pride will make you fall, however, so ignore it.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

FROM THE ARTICLE:
"His facial features - they were quite tight and it didn't even look like his face".

This is a typical sign of demonic possession. (Tight Face)

There seems to be more and more reports of people doing things and claiming that the devil told them to do it, etc. Perhaps I will try to gather some data. I swear I have never heard so many reports of this in my entire life. Something is going on and these reports are on the rise.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join