It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Son 'changed' as he stabbed mum

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by piemanany reason you suspect that in particular?

yes, seeing what drugs does to people

strangely enough, i blame a lack of recreational drug use.
if there was more recreational drug use people wouldn't care about social pressures, financial problems, unemployment or crime, they'ld realise that nobody owns anything and that we are all united in an interconnected divine consciousness of one.

okay, perhaps not, my point is people blame drugs for everything, it's not drugs, it's society that's broken, drug abuse is just a symptom, like a breakdown in mental health.
[edit on 4/8/09 by pieman]

I did not blame it on everything- people would still attempt to kill their mothers if there were no such things as "drugs"- I just believe it increases the likelihood

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
'p' is Prozac right spellbound?

i do want to go off of it but i don't really have much of a choice ... i guess i just hope they go out of business soon

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Well I agree with the whole prozac thing if thats what she/he meant. Prozac is offered as some wonder drug and its actually caused many people to commit suicide. I seem to remember in the mid nineties they would give it to bi polar people and suicide sky rocketed amongst them. I am bi polar myself and I do take meds, but I won't touch that stuff. Ionly take 2 meds and I've heavily researched the ones I take. I actually at this time don't take any antidepressents, just 2 different meds for bi polar disorder, which as far as I know isn't something I can treat naturally (and I tried many things for years before going on meds and nothing worked).

[edit on 4-8-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

Not being a druggie, I am not sure what 'P' is - that is how it is referred to here in NZ.

But it has sent certain people totally mental and then they committed torture and murder.

I think it is some kind of amphetamine.

Please, someone, explain what P is?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

Not being a druggie, I am not sure what 'P' is - that is how it is referred to here in NZ.

But it has sent certain people totally mental and then they committed torture and murder.

I think it is some kind of amphetamine.

Please, someone, explain what P is?

Yeah now I'm wondering myself exactly what it is! I was pretty sure you meant prozac which isnt a good drug and its given for depression. I too am not a druggie so I have no clue, but I'm still interested if anyone knows what it is.

Peace

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

No, I don't think Prozac is 'P'.

Hopefully someone will tell us what it is.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

"P" is Methamphetamine link

it's nasty stuff but really easy to produce by home chemists, one of those drugs that would only ever be used in a country where the safer stuff is unavailable due to criminalisation.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

By the way, I am so sorry for your loss, and my sentiments are yours exactly.

If you are telling the truth - it is so difficult to tell these days.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Oh, thanks, pieman,

Well it certainly sends people totally nuts.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
reply to post by spellbound

"P" is Methamphetamine link

it's nasty stuff but really easy to produce by home chemists, one of those drugs that would only ever be used in a country where the safer stuff is unavailable due to criminalisation.

Oh gross! Where I live many people abuse that drug, from what I can see its freaking horrible I mean like worst than heroin and many, many people totally screw their lives up over it! Its made in peoples bathrooms I think and makes the users of its teeth fall out, they get nasty blisters on their faces and all kinda crap. Gross. I never understand what compels someone to do drugs like that!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Well, it just shows how stupid people, I mean governments, are actually - they would rather their people turned into lunatics, rather than legalizing less dangerous drugs.

Because people always need drugs of some sort, and it is up to their governments to allow the safest ones.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

By the way, I am so sorry for your loss, and my sentiments are yours exactly.

If you are telling the truth - it is so difficult to tell these days.

Thank you.
And I do know what you mean, many people on the net lie about their lives and stuff to get sympathy. Mostly lonely teenagers and stuff. I'm not one of those people, I just have that in my signature kind of as a memorial to my sister, I have it as my signature on all the sites I use.

Anyways, I don't want to get off topic.

And regarding your last post about legalizing certain drugs.. I live in California in the states and pot is pretty much legal here and from what I see most pot users are calm, nice people. Although certain ones are a little lazy, but not all them, that lazy thing is just a stereotype. I personally think drugs like marijuana should be legal worldwide. Its much,much more harmless than tabacco and alcohol and other legal drugs.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
To those people who dismiss all reports of hearing voices as an excuse: please educate yourselves. [*SNIP*]

I'm sorry to be so testy, but the sister of an ex of mine was a brilliant scholar who started hearing voices and eventually became full-blown schizophrenic (whatever that supposedly informative word is supposed to mean) and in the end committed suicide.

She had all sorts of auditory hallucinations and also suffered from delusions of grandeur, in the sense that if she heard a news report about some disaster, she'd find a way to make it all her fault.

Perhaps the worst thing about it was that she was incredibly bright and articulate and knew full well that she was losing her mind. It must have been absolutely terrifying.

Another appalling aspect of this tragedy is that quite a lot of the time she could hold it together and be, apparently, quite compos mentis. Her GP thought she was being alarmist and his negligence contributed directly to her demise.

She hanged herself in a toilet of a hospital to which she'd been admitted following a suicide attempt.

Now, as to the possibility of mind control, it is very real. Why else would the EU ban mind control technology?

Quite a good introduction to the subject

I found it rather interesting that noted scientist Rupert Sheldrake was stabbed by a Japanese man who'd been hearing voices which he blamed on Sheldrake.

Sheldrake's report of the incident

My assailant was Japanese, and had arrived from Japan just before the conference began. He spoke to me the day before my lecture, telling me he was hearing voices. I later learned that he had told several other people about the voices, and some had tried to help him.

I could have sworn I posted this on another thread but I've done a search and couldn't find it. At any rate, the technology exists to make people think they're hearing voices. If someone wanted to create a "problem" that needed "reaction" and a "solution", then harassing people (who might be already marked out as being potentially violent) with that kind of technology would produce the desired fear in the populace.

I used to be pretty skeptical about mind control, but Delgado's research is decades old. I don't for one moment think things have stood still in that field of research.

MOD NOTE: Personal insult removed.

[edit on 8/4/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
To those people who dismiss all reports of hearing voices as an excuse: please educate yourselves you ignorant smug idiots.

I'm sorry to be so testy, but the sister of an ex of mine was a brilliant scholar who started hearing voices and eventually became full-blown schizophrenic (whatever that supposedly informative word is supposed to mean) and in the end committed suicide.

She had all sorts of auditory hallucinations and also suffered from delusions of grandeur, in the sense that if she heard a news report about some disaster, she'd find a way to make it all her fault.

Perhaps the worst thing about it was that she was incredibly bright and articulate and knew full well that she was losing her mind. It must have been absolutely terrifying.

Another appalling aspect of this tragedy is that quite a lot of the time she could hold it together and be, apparently, quite compos mentis. Her GP thought she was being alarmist and his negligence contributed directly to her demise.

She hanged herself in a toilet of a hospital to which she'd been admitted following a suicide attempt.

Now, as to the possibility of mind control, it is very real. Why else would the EU ban mind control technology?

Quite a good introduction to the subject

I found it rather interesting that noted scientist Rupert Sheldrake was stabbed by a Japanese man who'd been hearing voices which he blamed on Sheldrake.

Sheldrake's report of the incident

My assailant was Japanese, and had arrived from Japan just before the conference began. He spoke to me the day before my lecture, telling me he was hearing voices. I later learned that he had told several other people about the voices, and some had tried to help him.

I could have sworn I posted this on another thread but I've done a search and couldn't find it. At any rate, the technology exists to make people think they're hearing voices. If someone wanted to create a "problem" that needed "reaction" and a "solution", then harassing people (who might be already marked out as being potentially violent) with that kind of technology would produce the desired fear in the populace.

I used to be pretty skeptical about mind control, but Delgado's research is decades old. I don't for one moment think things have stood still in that field of research.

I agree with your post. A lot of people on here seem to deny that theres such thing as mental illness and stuff, its really rediculous. And I'm sorry to hear about your friends sister, may she rest in peace.

Those links you put up are interesting too, I'm reading them now.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Yes, marijuana is a great drug and has been blamed for a lot.

For one thing, it eases people's physical pain.

And for another thing, it eases people's mental pain.

I am strictly into tobacco, which is a killer, but so is life.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
To those people who dismiss all reports of hearing voices as an excuse: please educate yourselves you -lame insult here-.

Who the heck are you talking to? And why are you insulting them?

Not one person here said "ALL REPORTS" are an excuse. Maybe you should educate yourself first, start with learning how to read.

People however do use it as an excuse to avoid prison, nobody is saying that is what all cases are.

You failed at denying ignorance.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Yes, marijuana is a great drug and has been blamed for a lot.

For one thing, it eases people's physical pain.

And for another thing, it eases people's mental pain.

I am strictly into tobacco, which is a killer, but so is life.

I too am a smoker, and its not good! Recently here in the states they have cut back on the amount of nicotine in each ciggerette I think, and they claim its to make them "safer" but in reality when you think about it its all a scheme to sell more ciggs! Because the nicotine is whats really addicting in the ciggs, its not even that dangerous its the other chemicals that are dangerous. So obviously by doing this they are just trying to sell more, because now I smoke double the amount of ciggs in a day than I smoked a year ago or so its such BS!

Anyways I'm ranting and I'm off topic, sorry!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

My nephew heard voices, and then he vanished from the family.

I said earlier that it was the devil, and an excuse, but now I am saying it was the devil, and it is real.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

OK, us smokers are the new lepers - no-one wants to know us - but what the heck.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
the technology to make a person "hear voices" that are inaudible to those around them is commercially available.

The technology works by beaming waves of hypersonic sound at a pitch that is undetectable by the human ear. The waves continue until they smash into an object such as a person's body. The waves then slow, mix and re-create the original audio broadcast. If the person steps out of the waves, the waves are no longer obstructed and they are rendered inaudible.

news source & the company producing the tech

the question is not "is this possible?", the question is "would they do it?". there is no doubt in my mind the the intelligence community has developed this technology quite some time ago, it would have normal usefulness for them, would they use it for nefarious purposes such as telling someone to shoot up a school or kill their parents? who knows, if it suited them, i'm sure they would.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join