It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Son 'changed' as he stabbed mum

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Son

www.news.com.au

"I saw him in the reflection," she told police in an interview at Westmead Hospital on the day of the attack.

"He kept saying 'the afterlife' and he kept attacking me and I was screaming."

Psychiatric examinations revealed the boy was delusional and had - on at least three separate occasions - heard what he thought to be the devil's voice, the court has heard.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-8-2009 by mazzroth]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
This has got to be a case of the highest weirdness, is it just me or does there seem to be more of this kind of violence were the Perpetrator claims to have heard the "Devils" voice ? like below.

www.smh.com.au...

Sanchez said the devil told her to kill her son and she was hearing voices, police said.

www.teletext.co.uk...

A "deeply religious" Manchester man hacked off his neighbour's head after hearing voices telling him to protect his son, the city's crown court heard.

www.thewest.com.au...

"A psychiatrist said that committing him was not necessary. Kim was hearing voices in his head at the time," he added.

A quick google search brings up countless articles of people hearing voices and that the voices command them to commit violence.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I would chalk it up to mental illness rather than the work of the Devil. We can use decently accurate testing to determine if someone is suffering from one of several known mental disorders that can cause both Visual and Auditory Hallucinations.

I do not think that we have devised any testing methods to determine if someone is infected with a "Demon" or if the Devil is controlling peoples actions and thoughts.

I will not rule it out completely but even a small understanding of mental illness can explain the actions of these individuals that claim to be "possessed" by the Devil.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I'm not a person that sees conspiracies in everything but it seems in the last few years there is more and more cases of this! It seems the more technology improves or whatever there is more and more cases like this. I think it could be the governments of the world testing out some kind of mind control type thing, probably through radio and television and stuff.

And of course a lot of these cases are just mentally ill folks, too.

Its freaky stuff if you really start thinking about it.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

The 'Devil's voice' is the oldest story in the book.

If you go back to the earliest crimes ever committed by humans, I bet you would hear the 'devil's voice' excuse.

Even the first so-called crime, committed by Adam and Eve re the tree of knowledge, was the work of the devil. Not that they blamed him - they didn't even know he existed.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Possibly the increase of this kind of mental illness is due to the over medication of people with drugs such a SRI's. Couple this with the increase is societal pressures on communities with financial problems, unemployment and crime and you have a time bomb ticking for those who are more susceptible to breaking down mentally.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's mental illness. If, however, these things are occurring very often, then wouldn't it be possible that something in our food supply could be causing this?

Is there any new chemicals being tested in our products, or new food stuff that has been introduced? Maybe we'll find something by comparing the release date of a new product or chemical with the increase of cases of people who hear voices

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

Well you are right, TV sends out waves that have been measured and ect...

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

the accuracy of testing those with mental disability is ballpark at best.
Ask my li'l sis.
the pills and the recycled advice are, apparently, all there is to offer her.
b.s. on science when it comes to the mind.

p.s. evolution is way cool.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
How sad. I'm glad he didn't "succeed" in killing his mom.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
The 'Devil's voice' is the oldest story in the book.

If you go back to the earliest crimes ever committed by humans, I bet you would hear the 'devil's voice' excuse.

People with schizophrenia really do hear voices. And these voices usually speak negatively. Sometimes, they tell the person suffering from this illness to harm others. And along with this comes a sense of needing to do what the voices command.

Auditory hallucinations. They're probably just organic brain misfires. On the other hand, I wonder if these folks' illness amplifies an ability to hear spiritual signals and they just happen to be tuned in to the twisted ones...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The dvil telling people to harm eachother is not how it works, religously speaking. ONLY god himself is allowed to do that, and the devil knows it. I think it was job??? he had 3 daughters..one day god decided to test his faith. The devil ha made a wager with god, that he could break and bring job? downt o his knees, and ocme to satan. God made his stone house collapse in on his beutiful daughters, they were crushed to death instantly. he still lvoed god. God allowed the devil to make boils, and symptoms of plague i guess, break out on him, and still he remained commited to god.
But god did tell satan..yuo may harm him, but NOT kill him, otherwise you shall face sever punishement. thats how it works. I doubt the devil found a clasue or way to defy god..tell humans to log eachothers heads off, to escape blame form gods punisment...its is forbidden!!!
DEF, mental illness was the culprit.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
The area man has least knowledge of and the most area to explore is the brain, not outer space. (IMO).

But, as I personally I believe in good and evil, and that both can become incarnate in man - if that’s the right phrase, I just choose not to use possessed.
Are there those that use the *devil made me do it* as an excuse? Yes.
Do those exists that truly would not have committed crimes without *The Voice* telling them to - also yes.

It’s knowing the difference between the two that leads the merry chase.

peace

On a Lighter note:

[edit on 4-8-2009 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

so god killed three women because the devil told him to, looks like god has schizophrenia aswell. well they do say we are made in his image.

that sounds like a horror movie, a deep voice, tight face and screaming about the afterlife as he stabs his father to death!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Oh come on, we all know that saying "I herd voices and it was the devil" is the most common excuse people use so they don't go to prison, but they go to a mental hospital instead.

It's the most common way to skip going to a real prison.

Anyway..

Hearing voices, and doing what the voices tell you, are two different things...

If you hear voices, you "might" have a mental problem.

If you actually do the negative things the voice tells you, you DO have a mental problem.

If I heard a voice in my head telling me to kill my mom, I would seek help first. If that doesn't work I would kill myself, not my mom.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I believe that the increasing mental malaise in this world is largely to blame on drugs.

We all know that 'P' sends people totally nuts and turns them into murderers.

What about prescription drugs? If people take them in the wrong mixes, that could also send them over the top.

Bring back good old tobacco, which might kill you, but it won't make you commit any crimes (except against yourself).

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Possibly the increase of this kind of mental illness is due to the over medication of people with drugs such a SRI's. Couple this with the increase is societal pressures on communities with financial problems, unemployment and crime and you have a time bomb ticking for those who are more susceptible to breaking down mentally.

also, I suspect a lot of it is linked to recreational drug use

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
also, I suspect a lot of it is linked to recreational drug use

any reason you suspect that in particular?

strangely enough, i blame a lack of recreational drug use.
if there was more recreational drug use people wouldn't care about social pressures, financial problems, unemployment or crime, they'ld realise that nobody owns anything and that we are all united in an interconnected divine consciousness of one.

okay, perhaps not, my point is people blame drugs for everything, it's not drugs, it's society that's broken, drug abuse is just a symptom, like a breakdown in mental health.

[edit on 4/8/09 by pieman]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

I totally agree, and what is all this medication of kids about, with ritalin especially?

It is just a damping down, and it is immoral and wrong.

OK, you can't stand a kid acting over the top so you drug the kid - thereby losing our next generation of genius who will discover all sorts of things.

Stop drugging helpless kids.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
I believe that the increasing mental malaise in this world is largely to blame on drugs.

We all know that 'P' sends people totally nuts and turns them into murderers.

What about prescription drugs? If people take them in the wrong mixes, that could also send them over the top.

Bring back good old tobacco, which might kill you, but it won't make you commit any crimes (except against yourself).

What do you mean by 'P'? What drug are you talking about?

I personally don't know any drug users except for potheads and they are the most mellowed out, calm people I know.

I think some of the worst drugs ever are the legal drugs like alcohol, oxycontin and opiates and benzos like xanax and stuff. My parents where alcoholics and they were the most evil people I have ever met. Alcohol is pure evil and really brings the "devil" out of people atleast in my experience. My parents where normal parents til they started drinking heavily and started becoming extremely abusive.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join