It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could the Fibonacci Sequence be the key to prophecies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
In mathematics, the Fibonacci numbers are a sequence of numbers named after Leonardo of Pisa, known as Fibonacci. Fibonacci's 1202 book Liber Abaci introduced the sequence to Western European mathematics, although the sequence had been previously described in Indian mathematics.

The first number of the sequence is 0, the second number is 1, and each subsequent number is equal to the sum of the previous two numbers of the sequence itself, yielding the sequence 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21 etc.

I asked my self the question in the title when watching this video what do others think,

[edit on 4/8/2009 by theflashor]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Funny how we see the ages 13 and 21 as special

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Goddam Jesus chris no it couldn't. We're never gonna "know", we'll just have guidlines. until there's a one world government, ntohing's gonna happen. so until that time, i don't know, take up a sport or something.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Tool knows the answer to that one

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

That is very interesting. However, I've been wondering since that video was released how hard do you have to be looking for deeper meaning to actually notice? I can't recall ever sitting in a dark room listening to a song thinking "is the sequence in here ANYWHERE?!?!"

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

It's been used as order numbers in a list -- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 8th, 13th, 21st . . .

For example, the 1st in the list could mean someone who is on top, so to speak, like the president -- the "first person" in the country. Now when you consider the 2nd, the 3rd and the 5th US Presidents, they have something in common: they all died on the Fourth of July.

Or there is an example of a plane crash: The alphabetical list of those who survived shows that those names ordered by the Fibonacci numbers have the first names starting with A, B, C, E, H, M, and U, which is very unlikely occurrence. There are other variations on the same theme: the order of items on the list.

I don't know why the video didn't mention the 17th Fibonacci number, which is 1597, in connection with the galaxies it shows. That would alter the last question "Who is God?" into more manageable "Where is God?"
my.sky-map.org...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
We notice this and acknowledge it's existence but how do we use it? What should we learn from it and benefit from it?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue
We notice this and acknowledge it's existence but how do we use it? What should we learn from it and benefit from it?

If you mean peaking into the future, then it's not really easy to use Fibonnaci. There are plenty of derivatives, such as the Golden Section that is used. Fibonacci sequence is a significant bridge between number theory and geometry. But it is not that difficult to walk on that bridge, coz the pillars were built in the middle ages -- it is relatively simple math. But it's the math where the peek into the future is -- it's not really numerology.

But there is a part where non-mathematical operations are used. For example, here is how you can tell whether the Fibonacci series really relate to the prophecies: Look at the year when Fibonnaci published his first major math book:

In 1202, Fibonacci's hand-written account, Liber Abbaci, of his new mathematical experiences arising from the contacts he made on his Mediterranean travels was completed in Pisa.

Does year 1202 (not a Fibonacci number) relate to a prophecy?

It doesn't. But if you rearrange the digits it does: 1202 ---> 2012.

2012 has become quite notorious these days due to the Mayan prophecy.

That means the digits of the numbers in the Fibonacci sequence need to be rearanged for this purpose. The results can be ambiguous; they tend to show that some of the ancient math books have modern physical and mathematical constants in it.

It doesn't belong to Man to know the future anyway . . .

top topics

join