It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sodomized to Protect Our Freedoms

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
For all the people who deem such action neccesary to protect the united states, put yourself in the other mans shoes. The legacy of american covert and open interference in the affairs of the middle east has come back to bite you in the ass, the CIA trained the taliban and provided them with arms during the soviet occupation...now look.

Not to mention the support of Israel, you can't bomb and support the bombing of other peoples land, and expect those people to not want to bomb you in return.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

What people fail to realize is that once the boundaries that had been set by the geneva convention, the United States Constitution and general moral guides of the free world have been crossed (by water boarding, or any torture for that matter) then those that engage in it have a hard time finding that new bar that is supposed to hold them back from being the EXACT SAME THING they are working against.

If we can torture these people; what says we can not do this to criminals inside our own country? Americans involved in the drug trade (that kills far more people than terrorist acts) for example. Why can we not waterboard these people inside our own jails and prisons? If it is acceptable in some circumstances, why not all?

Where is the new line in the sand crossed for what we consider acceptable acts by those who pursue justice?

And who gets to make that decision?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
What do you get when you put a bunch of happy trigger rednecks in a country they lack knowledge of?

The Iraq War.

I'm not surprised at the horrific techniques of torture the Americans inflict......actually, torture is quite common in war.

Every nation is guilty of it.
Americans
Japanese
Germans
Russians
Chechens
the list goes on.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
heard worse stories from hockey practice.
thought these guys were hardened.

...shampoo bottles are mean for only one thing is how i heard it...

I can't help but feel we're being counted on to feel sorry for them. Look, i know it's bad, but how hard they seem and how weak they seem at the same time makes me think a bit is all.

I dunno what kind of Hockey you guys are running out west but here in the Northeast we never used shampoo bottles as a form of hazing, or any other penetrating techniques for that matter.

We would single out a freshman, take his stuff when he was down to his underwear and toss it in the stands at practice and make him get dressed in the stands.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NathanNewZealand
reply to post by heyo

dead right.

They think it's awesome and cool when they're out killing INNOCENT westernised people of the world, then they don't think it's so cool when our interrorgators want to save those INNOCENTS by getting info from mongrel prick terrorist scum like this guy.

What a ridiculous statement. You are completely in the dark about what is occurring within these wars. It seems you want to somehow label the good guy, bad guy scenario when it comes to each country without thinking that good and bad exists on both sides of the borders. Regardless of your opinion on America being good and Iraq/Afghanistan being bad... The truth is, bad is winning all around, no matter which side that you are on. And you're feeding right into it.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
REad the "Franklin Cover-up" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warren Buffet and SOOOOOOO many others are into this. That's what the Bohemian Grove is all about. Why do you think Buffet founded and supports Boy's Town and Girls Town in Omaha. It's all in the book written by a congressmen who was on the finance committee investigating banking fruad.

Sad really. These Elitist are just psychological morons who care nothing about society or anything else but themselves.

So many kids and other people have died who came forward with evidence that this was and is still going on. How else do these rich bastards get their kicks?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Here is the reason why I know that our country is doomed and that we lack the fortitude to stand up and do anything against our corrupt politicians.

If there was ever a time for Americans to stand up and say, "We're not going to take this anymore," It was when George Bush revised and amended the Geneva Conventions to allow for torture in war time settings in the name of "Terror". This idea is completely counter to what America is about, and yet, we stood back, complained a little, and ultimately sat on our butts and did nothing.

Guess what? America is lazy, apathetic, overweight, and we lack the testicular fortitude to adequately defend ourselves against anything. We sit and watch TV all day long, glorify violence and injustice, and complain like children when things don't go our way. The Iranians showed more solidarity and intensity than we did when their elections got rigged by their corrupt politicians. They marched in the streets everyday regardless of the possibility of physical harm. They demonstrated for their rights and proved to be more American than the lazy flag toting idiots in our country.

To all of you morons who blindly support our politicians...Don't be pissed when China emerges as the new Superpower. Don't be pissed because you had a chance to stop outsourcing and globalization when you had the chance. Don't be pissed when all of our rights are taken away so that you can feel safe and secure from the supposed "terrorists." Don't be pissed when the military openly walks our streets and declares martial law to protect you against your own insecurities. The lazy American public made it happen. This is your tax dollars at work, and you let it happen.

Our country is so war thirsty that we even declare war against our own people. War on Drugs (pretty much confined to this country). War on the middle class (need I say more?). Just recently the dept. of Homeland security got in trouble for releasing a document that openly names American citizens as possible terrorist threats and has a list a mile wide that targets certain Americans for their beliefs. They even name returning war veterans as the largest threat to national security.

americaswatchtower.com...

mcauleysworld.wordpress.com...

So, keeping talking that garbage about terrorists being vicious and horrible people, because one day...you may be on that list as well.

For those of you who don't like to read...here's some more information from youtube that was featured on mainstream media.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

If there was a new time to stand up and be worried about the political environment in America, it would be now. They are classifying AMERICANS IN THE SAME TONE THAT THEY CLASSIFY THE PEOPLE WHO HAD "SUPPOSEDLY" BROUGHT DOWN THE TOWERS on 911. But guess what??? Nothing is happening. People need to quit pointing the finger at people overseas who have never attacked us, and start looking at the people who continuously perpetuate the wars.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

[edit on 4-8-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Heres all I got to say about this, "GOOD", I dont care what they do with these people to be honest, evertime I try to have a little bit of sympothy I am reminded of the 5 videos I seen with them cutting peoples heads off as they scremed for their life. I am also reminded of the people on those planes as they was being flown into those buildings, I bet if we could ask them if they care about what was done to these people would they care, the answer would be a loud "hell no". It's a new war, calls for new ways of dealing with these spineless coward, murdering piece of garbage.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
No matter how much you have suffered, you shouldn't play with one's rectum. Your mother should have thought you that! Not even in hazing

But, honestly - nothing smart can be said about the situation which OP brought up. But I guess one good thing is that some get to recognize their "enemies"

Strange are the ways...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

Some people use a shampoo bottle or a broom handle for pleasure. I think this guy is just a little oversensitive whiner... He needs to toughen up a bit. Maybe he was just mad because he wanted the Gerbil.

[edit on 8/4/2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

The safety of the Nation has been used to justify these hellish acts of rape and torture.

That would be horrible if it were true. It is not.

The truth? A handful of bad people committed atrocities. Those who were caught or exposed were punished. They did this of their own volition.

The Lie? It was policy.

Anyone who believes the entire military is running around raping the enemy is clearly delusional. Brainwashed by people with bad intentions. Keep us at each others throat with lies from both sides and they control us.

Then we have those who know right up front they are lying. These are our future Politicians

One can only stand in wonder at the hate that drives this nonsense. It is far more dangerous than even the Terrorists themselves. One might as well directly support the Terrorists openly instead of hiding behind this veil of deception and propaganda.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_XIM

Hey, don't let a video "remind you" to hate someone. Remind yourself not to prejudice, remind yourself of your virtues. Try to remind good things, that do not cause anger in your heart.

I bet at least several people in those planes would not say "good" for army putting objects in someone's rectum to honor them

Someone will maybe say "SassyCat is full of BS" but from my experience I tell you that with calmness through compassion you will find well balanced harmony and solution for any problem. Take that advise with great seriousness.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

If a terrorist is endangering YOUR life and the lives of all of YOUR loved ones by withholding information, then do whatever it takes to get that information out of the f**ken mongrel and save those lives.

Too many weak, left-wing, politically-correct, do-gooders will be the downfall of this marvelous society.

Torture doesn't produce reliable information. People will say anything to stop the pain. Anyone who knows anything about intelligence would tell you the same thing. People who advocate torture aren't looking for valuable information, they're looking for revenge - plain and simple.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

If a terrorist is endangering YOUR life and the lives of all of YOUR loved ones by withholding information, then do whatever it takes to get that information out of the f**ken mongrel and save those lives.

Too many weak, left-wing, politically-correct, do-gooders will be the downfall of this marvelous society.

Its said that the reptilians & the vulturites have taken over new zealand. So which one are you. We all know THEy have no feelings.And consider all humans as cattle. And you here have shown your true colors.
(Lizard hunter #1) Well boys looks like we got ourselves a nest.
(lizard hunter #2) Ehaw!! I need a new pair of lizard boots!!!
(lizard hunter #3) Alpha-tango we have em, lets drop the heavy hammer!!!
(1,2 &3) ::laughter and the sounds of 50-cals being used::

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

reply to post by heyo

dead right.

They think it's awesome and cool when they're out killing INNOCENT westernised people of the world, then they don't think it's so cool when our interrorgators want to save those INNOCENTS by getting info from mongrel prick terrorist scum like this guy.

First off...how do you determine he is a mongrel (whats a mongrel btw? - racist much?) terrorist scum? By torturing them until they say so?

Secondly...despite Cheneys' claims, which have been refuted by the actual agencies and interrogators involved...no useful information has been obtained via torture.

Third...It erodes our moral highground and we have seen that without that it is impossible to win over the hearts and minds. Torture COSTS American lives by destroying our credibility among and inspiring acts of retribution by the people of the countries that we occupy.

THESE GUYS are hardly "weak, left-wing, politically-correct, do-gooders " by the way...there is some real ignorance on these boards.

CIA Veterans Condemn Torture
www.nationaljournal.com...

Among the fundamental conceits of the architects of the Bush administration's war on terrorism is that heavy-handed interrogation is useful, even necessary, to get any information that will protect the American people, and that such interrogation techniques are devoid of negative consequences in dealing with real or suspected terrorists.

Some perennially high-profile retired CIA officers like Bob Baer, Frank Anderson, and Vincent Cannistraro recently spoke out to Knight Ridder about their opposition to torture on practical grounds (Cannistraro said that detainees will "say virtually anything to end their torment").

Speaking at a College of William and Mary forum last year, for example, Burton L. Gerber, a decorated Moscow station chief who retired in 1995 after 39 years with the CIA, surprised some in the audience when he said he opposes torture "because it corrupts the society that tolerates it."

The moral dimensions of torture, Gerber adds, are inextricably linked with the practical; aside from the fact that torture almost always fails to yield true or useful information, it has the potential to adversely affect CIA operations. "Foreign nationals agree to spy for us for many different reasons; some do it out of an overwhelming admiration for America and what it stands for, and to those people, I think, America being associated with torture does affect their willingness to work with us," he says.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

AGreed ,do you think for one minute if the Islamic Fanatics had the ability to kill and torture every single American that they wouldnt ?You can not negotiate with people who believe that there religion states that they are to rule the world and islam is the only true religion .Torture , look at religions over the past 2000 years ,do you think there hands are clean on any side .As long as man is mortal and full of emotions and religious BS the cycle will never end .

[edit on 4-8-2009 by essanance]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Gezz Us Wept! American soldiers have turned into a bunch of pillow biters!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

If you mean the enemy is within, I second that.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

You took my words.
I believe if 2 countries "need" to go to war, than choose a "hero" from each country, and let them battle. no exceptions. winner take all. if this is not acceptable, then figure out a better way of settling differences. If one of said countris is not willing to fight, then again- a different less barbaric way of settlement. talking...smoking the peace pipe and talking, whatever. sending our young men and women to fight and possibly die, for what someone else wants is WRONG!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join