It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain To Put Cameras Inside Private Homes to Monitor Parents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The UK government is about to spend $700 million dollars installing surveillance cameras inside the private homes of citizens to ensure that children go to bed on time, attend school and eat proper meals.

Around 2,000 families have been targeted by this program so far and the government wants to snare 20,000 more within the next two years. The tab will be picked up by the taxpayer, with the “interventions” being funded through local council authorities.

The government is also maintaining a private army, incredibly not called “Thought Police”, which will “be sent round to carry out home checks,” according to the Sunday Express. And in a scheme which firmly cements the nation’s reputation as a “nanny state”, the kids and their families will be forced to sign “behavior contracts” which will “set out parents’ duties to ensure children behave and do their homework.”

Another key aspect of the program will see parents deemed “responsible” by the government handed the power to denounce and report bad parents who allow their children to engage in bad behavior. Such families will then be targeted for “interventions."

Sources:
www.pcauthority.com.au...

www.wired.com...

gizmodo.com...

[edit on 4-8-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It's ironic how the people of Britain fought so vigilantly against the threat of the invasion of Hitler's tyranny all those years ago only to now impose such tyranny upon themselves. If you live there, my sympathies, and I sure am glad I don't live there myself. Pretty soon the people of Britain will be required to have permits to breathe.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
okay this is seriously something that you just need to all siconect if they really try it... 2000 volunteers?

Obviously being paid to sart a trend or related or have some interest...

They demand it you disconnect it...

Don't worry about your kids, they can't handle all the kids... they wont be able to put you all in jail...

You just all... and seriously NO ONE actually wants this, you simply refuse and you don't back them doing it to anyone else no matter what "threat" they SAY the person is...

Surely when it's "mandated" they will hold up abusers... to convince you then a few years later ...lol smoking or something will give them an excuse...

so you don't put up with it for a single stitch

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
The inevitable response from their government will be that if you are not doing anything wrong, then you have nothing to fear. First they will only put the cameras in the homes of people that many others would view as "bad families." Second, they will redefine what "bad family" means. They will teach people to accept, trust, and even enjoy the surveillance. It will get to the point where people don't want to live without it.

Estimates peg the growing number of CCTV cameras at four million in the UK. Privacy advocates say the UK has the most cameras per capita in the world, but no definitive figures are available.

However, a 2004 European Commission found Britain had the highest density of CCTV cameras in Europe. The EU found 40,000 cameras in public areas in 500 British towns and cities compared to fewer than 100 cameras in 15 German cities and no CCTV cameras at all in Denmark.

Source: news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
No wonder so many from the U.K are coming here to the U.S.
And there have been quite a few just in the last few years.
I know why one stated on the news here that they came to get
some freedom for there kids and family's.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
These families as they say live in every community and need support, what they mean is, they are a buch of lazy lay abouts, with no respect for anybody else or their community, and in honesty you wouldnt want to live next door to them.

I know there is a lot about the big brother issue, of cameras everywhere, and in many situations there is just no need, but I tell you what if you live next door to a family like this, that had old washing machines, beds, and all sorts of crap in their front garden, and the kids where out 24/7 making life hell for everybody else, you would be the first one to complain, and look for something to be done. You or I wouldnt tolerate it, and so somehting has to be done. There isnt the resources or the will, for people to look after and supervise families like this, so they need to be watched, and in honesty I'm all for it.

There is no way that a camera will be going into everybodys home in the UK for the sake of it, Gordon Brown is on a slippery slope, and Orwelian ideologies are not the ticket to get him another 4 years.

The state is trying, and these families need to be shot, sorry need help. And that slip of the tongue, is exactly what you would say if you lived next door to them.

I'm happy I havent got neighbours like it, and I live in a nice area, but if some of those ferrel kids arent watched, all sorts of trouble begins to happen.

Unfortunately there are so many kids with no respect for anybody, and so many parents with no hope of doing the job, so rather than having them causing hell 24/7, I am for this, and if needs be, taken further if they dont learn a lesson and sort themsleves out.

CX

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
That report is very Alex Jonesy....these homes are for families that need support to get themselves back on track. Many of these families are the typical "troublesome" families that you wouldn't want in your area.

My only problem is that the people who are judging what their behaviour should be like, are often the ones who need watching.

Anyway, take your pick...

UK Government To Install Surveillance Cameras In Private Homes

UK Gvt To Install Surveillance Cams In Private Homes

Britain to put CCTV cameras in private homes

CX.

[edit on 4/8/09 by CX]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
There is no reason to even try to condone this from anyone. Once toy get the snowball rolling it only gets bigger and worse. There is still such a thing as privacy, and if they truly believe a person needs a camera to act right, then the kids do not need to be there anyways. I S&F'd this because I think it's a big issue and I can see it trying to toll into America next.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Yes you could be right, and you could also be wrong. Orwelian was a very clever man, and in many cases people like that can see the outcome of whats put in place back then today.

It will be a very, very long time until cameras go into everybody's homes, and I just cant see it. And yes I agree privacy is very important, but if you have a family bringing an area to its knees, through vadolism, theft, fighting, truancy, and there are families liek it, then if this helps to restore some good back into peoples lives, then I'm all for it.

There comes a time, when we need to tow the line, I know this site is all for fighting the system, breaking free and bringing TPTB down, but there also comes a time when we leave this site that normal life resumes. And that can become very, ver hard when a very small minortiy of people, go out of their way to make the rest of the population miserable and suffer from their social issues.

There is a complete lack of respect from these people, and they need to be dealt wqith overtly, so th eonly people they then hurt are themselves, and thats fine by me. You keep slapping yourself in th eface, and you will quickly tire of it, and this is what these cameras will do. it will highlight their issues, identify the problems, and then hopefully they will becomes better citizens.

But it wont happen, even this will fail, and in five years time, it will be discarded as another hair brain idea to sort these people out, and then we still left with them.

What is the answer?

I bet you dont have it?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
the original story in the express has been deleted...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

Big Brother is watching you.

This is unbelievable.

What gives the government the right to spy on people?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by andrewh7

Big Brother is watching you.

This is unbelievable.

What gives the government the right to spy on people?

they believe that if theres no outrage..no protests...that the people think its ok..

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

OK, vote them out - get a new government that will not spy on you.

What about rising up against the government?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

I have a suggestion for the UK gov:

Install remote controlled taser cannons together with the cameras, automated even - sensor smells bad food, triggers taser... TZZZZZZZZ at mommy. That would be cool, wouldn't it mr. Brown?

Ko3

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
this is sick, seriously, the UK, and i suspect everyone else, is now officially screwed. the s**t has just hit the fan and is spraying all over the room.

The Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling, batting for the conservatives, thinks these plans are “too little, and too late,” implying that even more obtrusive work needs to be done.
from the wired link above

voting labour out will do nothing to stop this and, apparently, there are even ATS subscribers stupid enough to be "all for it"!! what's the point.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
This disgusts me at every level.

It is not just Labour, all the major parties have very similar policies and none of them want to upset the gravy train.

Yet again, further eveidence that party politics has failed us and we need urgent reform of our electoral and government procedures.

We need a modern day Cromwell, minus his relgious bigotry.

But I fear it is too late, this country has been dumbed down so much and our fighting spirit has been supressed for too long.

FFS people, fight back!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
We need a modern day Cromwell, minus his relgious bigotry.

yeah, a genocidal maniac that doesn't hate anyone in particular is exactly what the UK needs.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Not at all, note I did say minus his religous bigotry.

I allude to his treatment of parliament and it's corrupt members.
I allude to his willingness to stand up against that corruption and seek positive change.
I allude to him wanting to do what he thought best for his country, not for himself.
Of course the man had many, many faults; as with most great men and women, he was a man of extremes.

Again, you just yesterdays actions by todays morals and standards.

Whether we like it or not peaceful protest and 'democratic' process has led us down the road to where we are now, which is right at the end of # street!ly.
Party politics has failed us miserably.

We need someone who can inspire people and wake them from their slumber.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

i knew what you were referring to but no self respecting irish man could let cromwell's name be mentioned without spitting, just the way it is. has to be done. sorry if it offends and all that but the man was a murdering ball of evil spawned in the depths of hell. you might not like that i think that but i'm going to say it every time anyone mentions the evil b*****d in a positive light.

of course i'm judging him by my modern standards but so what? i judge hitler by my standards, i judge the klu klux klan by my standards, i judge the british imperialists by my standards, who's standards should i use, their's?

that withstanding, i don't disagree with you that modern parliamentary politics has failed miserably to furnish us with freedom, although i'm not sure that it was designed to, especially not english parliamentary politics.

the house of lords for instance.

[edit on 4/8/09 by pieman]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
This is another of those weird grey areas ... is it ok to try and sort out problem families? Well yes they need something doing ... but where is the line. How will they classify 'problem' families? What ticks the boxes that result in you have CC TV in your private space?

Im guessing they've run out of places to stick the cameras on the street and are now expanding!

Either way its a terrible idea and im sure there can be more done with problem kids and parents then heading straight to cameras and private army!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join