It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uk Finally Implements Orwells 1984

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I cannot believe this. CCTV in private homes, the houses of private citizens. I just cannot comprehend how this was passed. The human rights law saves all sorts of people and yet it hasn't been implemented here?

www.express.co.uk...

I made a thread ages ago entitled "Nothing to Hide? CCTV In Your Home Then!". I basically exaggerated the idae of surveillance to show that different people have different lines in regards to privacy, different limits and that the old "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" argument was nonsense.

I never imagined the UK would actually implement these ideas. I mean i just never thought they could go this far.

www.express.co.uk...

The Children’s Secretary set out £400million plans to put 20,000 problem families under 24-hour CCTV super-vision in their own homes.

They will be monitored to ensure that children attend school, go to bed on time and eat proper meals.

Private security guards will also be sent round to carry out home checks, while parents will be given help to combat drug and alcohol addiction.

Around 2,000 families have gone through these Family Intervention Projects so far.

But ministers want to target 20,000 more in the next two years, with each costing between £5,000 and £20,000 – a potential total bill of £400million.

Ladies and gentlemen of the UK, welcome to 1984.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
WOW, starred and flagged. 1984 is one of my favorite books, and the thought of real telescreens is unnerving to say the least.
So how long until this spreads to the U.S.A then?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
One of my subscriptions on youtube actually posted something about this

thanks to him

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Mr Headshot]

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Mr Headshot]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It's like they are using that masterpiece of literature as a blueprint for enslavement, particularly in Orwell's home country. It's just too accurately prophetic and happening too fast to be a coincidence.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
There's way too much weird stuff going on in the UK and US. How long before none of us has any privacy?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Does anyone else find it strange that they want to watch kids all day?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Look i'm all up for getting kids to attend school and eat properly but cameras in homes to ensure it happens? The idea also of maknig sure they're in bed on time! I mean what if they aren't? Do the security guards come round and tuck them in, read them the latest party manifesto to send them off to sleep? Actually that's not a bad idea, manifestos for political parties do tend to do that

The serious point still stands though. This is in the Sunday Express, whilst not a top notch paper it coudln't make this one up and get away with it legally (unless it was April fools day or something). I just don't get it. I made a sartirical thread about this as mentioned in the opening post and here it is coming true!

I give up, if i had the health and money i'd be out of this country so fast they wouldn't have time to stamp my passport.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
There was a thread on this posted a couple of days ago. Perhaps you need to learn to read. The scheme is not new, it is voluntary, at the request of the family involved, and only after other forms of mediation have failed. It is not forced upon anyone and it is by no means going to be "the norm". You can stop the FUD spreading now.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by quackers
There was a thread on this posted a couple of days ago. Perhaps you need to learn to read. The scheme is not new, it is voluntary, at the request of the family involved, and only after other forms of mediation have failed. It is not forced upon anyone and it is by no means going to be "the norm". You can stop the FUD spreading now.

I missed the thread sorry about that, no need for the rudeness however. So great it's volentary yay! You know what i somehow doubt families ASKED for this. Few people would ask for cameras in their home. I am willing to bet pressure was involved. A sort of "have the cameras or we call social services and have the kids removed".

He said: “This is pretty tough and non-negotiable support for families to get to the root of the problem. There should be Family Intervention Projects in every local authority area because every area has families that need support.”

That to me doesn't sound incredibly voluntary.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
This is as the above poster said, Voluntary, a lot of kids are becoming harder to control, and many parents are at a loss at what to do, kids every where are running wild, committing crimes, joining gangs, and even physically abusing people.

Because this is becoming less and less acceptable to the public, people want action, even the parents of these kids want and are screaming for help, so this is another scheme that will try and help those families before it becomes too late and goes too far, this is not and will never be forced upon anyone as Alex Jones has been trying to convince people it will be.

We have kids killing kids and it has to stop, it seems they want to get to the younger kids first, I know they are already clamping down on the older what we call hoodies or yobs, something is going to break and nobody wants it to be our kids, as is the norm in these situations kids follow bigger kids who then get them to do their dirty work.

Recently it was found in an area near me, that kids as young as 6 where being used to sell drugs, because the bastards who are doing the dealing know they cant be prosecuted, these 6 yr olds wont listen to reason and have badly assaulted their parents, how can you control that unless you let your kid go into care? nobody wishes to lose their child, so many are doing what they can to stop it in their tracks, rather than trying to beat it into them which has never worked IMO.

It is a giant round about these areas are tormented by gangs who think they have everyone so scared nobody will speak out against them, but things are changing.

So it is nothing more sinister than the fight against crime and prevention of future gang recruitment.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Apparently the Express article is wrong. Someone posted an official government statement in the comments:

"Responding to stories claiming that irresponsible families will be monitored by CCTV cameras in their own homes, a DCSF spokesperson said: Families will not be monitored by CCTV in their own homes. Through Family Intervention Projects (FIPs) we are supporting and challenging the small number of families involved in persistent anti-social behaviour. FIP workers spend time observing families in their own homes, helping them to recognise that their anti-social behaviour is unacceptable. They focus on the causes of their behaviour, and challenge them to make changes so they can turn their lives around. A very small number of families who need further intensive support are placed in residential units with project workers living with them – this does not involve CCTV. This is part of the Government’s approach to preventing and tackling anti-social behaviour and youth crime. In the last year alone, FIPs have challenged and supported over 2300 families to turn their behaviour around. Twelve months on from the Youth Crime Action Plan, Ed Balls and Alan Johnson have written to all local authorities in England asking them to expand and accelerate FIPs. Councils and police have reported that FIPs are an excellent way of preventing and tackling crime and anti-social behaviour."

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

It seems to have been brought up already. I did try and find alternate articles but failed. *shrugs* The express doesn't usually get that kind of thng wrong, it's a rather big thing to get wrong so hopefully they'll be taken to task over it. My apologies to ATS for bringing up a false article, it was done in good faith.

I would like to reiterate that i did try and find an alternate source for this news but couldn't and so i posted it in the hope that another source would be forthcoming.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yeah I saw this story a while back. I see it is now false, but I would like to speak on privacy. A one-world government is coming - like it or not. World leaders practically use "a new world order" as a mantra. We already have cameras everywhere, even in our hands (cell phones), wiretapping, info online about ourselves we probably do not know is there, info on your credit cards and debit cards that are not supposed to be there (like your SSN) etc. I honestly believe privacy is non-existent unless you live in a cave or are completely without technology, but then even the bears might be spying on ya.

If this is a surprise, get a passport then. You will see that the U.S. gov. and possibly the U.K. gov. as well put RFID chips in them. It is usually in the top left corner of the passport. They also have the chip in some debit cards. Video of the chip in the card:

www.youtube.com...

The one-world government is inevitable. What we CAN do, both in U.K. and the U.S., is make our laws work for us against the gov. In the U.S., we all have to pressure Congress to live by the Constitution, by the Bill of Rights, and try to attack the government by figuring out how to reduce its power because it is getting larger by the minute and the more so it does, the little, how little our natural, inherited rights become. We the people control our government and not vice versa.

We have to get people more involved, knowing the laws and their rights, and stop the spewing of left vs right politics. It is basically the elite puppeteers' comedy routine.

"The Constitution is just a goddamn piece of paper." - Bush.

Is it? It only takes a single person to pull a million heads out the sand.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by DevilJin]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

The government response has been taken down. I don't know if that means anything, but if the Express hasn't rescinded the article but the government has theirs I can't help but wonder.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I don't know if the word voluntary is a legitimate term. Truth is that if you are in need of any governnment assistance or have any new criminal convictions you would then become obligated to accept more and more restrictions on your freedoms. That is plain and simple the way it works, just about anywhere you go. This does not surprise me to see the UK doing it first the UK is the only country locked down enough to even begin to consider such a thing.

top topics

join