It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you think the Bible is a conspiracy? Watch this...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I do believe in the Bible and everything it says.

But I don't believe concerete evidence in proving them. Faith is there for a reason. No matter how much technology may give hints, in the end to open the door you still need a leap of faith.

Mainly because as times change, everything moves along with it in unison. If our faith is to be strengthened, then so will cynicism for it. Nevertheless good video

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101

If a pastor has delusions of grandeur and think they are special then run because you are following a wolf in sheep's clothing. No preacher of God would have this attitude and they would incourage you to study on your own to validate what they are saying is true.

Well, sure they do. Where do you think the whole fallacy of the "rapture," which by the way isn't even biblical, emerged?

The whole basis of the "rapture" is based on the presumption that one is worthy of escaping trials and tribulations. If that is not a matter of feeling like you're "special," I don't know what is.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by Melissa101

If a pastor has delusions of grandeur and think they are special then run because you are following a wolf in sheep's clothing. No preacher of God would have this attitude and they would incourage you to study on your own to validate what they are saying is true.

Well, sure they do. Where do you think the whole fallacy of the "rapture," which by the way isn't even biblical, emerged?

The whole basis of the "rapture" is based on the presumption that one is worthy of escaping trials and tribulations. If that is not a matter of feeling like you're "special," I don't know what is.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

Matthew 13:39
The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

Revelation 14:15
And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

1 Corinthians 15:51-52
Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Matthew 24:31
And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

As far as being gatherd being reaped or being harvested before or after the tribulation I am not certain I will study and see what I can find, any help would be appreciated.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

As far as some people being "protected" from many of the things that will occur, yes, I'll agree with that. But this whole idea of a "wisping away" or a "floating in the air" scenario is just ludicrous.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

By the way, none of what you quoted is indicative of a "rapture" event. It is indication that things will change quickly, but nothing more.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
If you're using Luke to back up anything. Remember that Luke starts out his gospel stating that he's attempting to create history of Jesus based on 2nd hand accounts and stories handed down. He wasn't even with Jesus. This is an excellent example of how man's tradition and control measures made a piece of the bible more than what itself even admits to being.

No where in Luke does it say anything about being infallible or the divine perfect word of God. Only 300 years later did the church councils make the votes and the edicts to label certain writings the divine inspired word of God. I don't have that much trust in man these days and I have much much less in the men of 2000 years ago. I'll take the book of Luke for the what it say it is.

Clear as a bell no need to modify it:
1Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled[a] among us, 2just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. 3Therefore, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, it seemed good also to me to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.

doodiepants.com

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'd encorage anyone interested in the original story about Mount Sinai being in Saudi Arabia to download and listen to a chuck missler radio show called "digging up the truth"". He talks to a guy (you'll have to excuse me I can't remember his name) who went to the place featured in this film, since it has been secured and is guarded by armed personel. He said he crept around there during a few night times and confirmed the same things these people claim. It's very interesting anyway. Most Chuck Missler stuff is.
You can find them here: thepiratebay.org...

or if that doesn't work search 'chuck missler digging up the truth' into the pirate bay or other torrent sites.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by ediblejon]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
the bible is a bunch of stories about encounters with Aliens, not the Universal consciousness or God.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

There is not doubt that there is alot of truth in the Bible. But there is also no doubt that there is a lot of deception in the bible.

If you believe in Jesus and you do, why is it so hard to understand his teachings? The same ones that the church re wrote to suit their needs.

Jesus didn't say build grand cathedrals. He said serve others!

The church served itself for over a thousand years.

Namaste!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I'm always a little late to the party, and there are too many messages in this thread for me to read, so my apologies if someone beat me to the punch. A lot of people (especially "Christians") will laugh and dismiss me, but that's ok...

I believe the Bible is real, but not the way most people do. I believe the von Däniken theory. I can open the Bible to any random page in the old Testament and just by changing the interpretation (NOT the wording), read the most amazing UFO and alien stories ever written.

Don't take my word for it, try it, keeping the following in mind - they had no real "technology" to speak of beyond the wheel, so alien technology would have been explained in spiritual terms, i.e. the only form of light they knew was fire, so naturally any light source would have been referred to as fire. Just as we view UFOs now and speak of "lights". Of course those lights aren't flashing and changing color to look pretty, and they have no need for landing lights, so I'm guessing that they're not lights at all, but some product of an unknown energy source.

The "burning bush" was a UFO. Why did God send aliens to do his work if he's omnipotent? Angels were aliens. The story of Adam and Eve is a primative explanation of cloning. Of course the most famous of all, Ezekiel's wheel was clearly a description of a mechanical device, not a spiritual being.

Almost every page of the Old Testament if viewed in this way makes perfect sense, as does the video in the OP.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

hey Mellisa, how are you? my feet are firmly on the rock. so it's not like i needed to see that. still, it does the heart so much good to see a
little back up.s&f for you darlin.
don't let the negatives take up to much of your time.

Jesus Christ is alive!!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I watched the video and no longer think the bible is full of fairy tales. Thanks for the link.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hello All,

This is my first post on this site and I'm sure it will cause quite the reaction simply due to the subject matter. However, with that being said I want to make it clear I in no way mean to disrespect anyone so keep the responses fair and so will I. Firstly, I have an MBA in Religious Studies from UNCC at Charlotte, North Carolina so I can honestly say I know a little something about the subject at hand. With that being said I have a few questions that I have posed to numerous "religious" scholars as well as "preachers and priests" over my academic career both of whom were never able to give me a logical answer that reconciles the problems within. I'm posting my questions on this thread simply because it seems relevant to the title of this video "So you think the bible is a conspiracy?" If the bible is truely the unfallable word of God then please by all means prove me wrong.

#1 If Jesus Christ was God in the flesh than why when asked numerous times in the Gospels about the coming judgment (AKA end of the known world) did he state that only his father knows the time and date. Jesus also cries out to God while on the cross to ask why he had been forsaken. If Jesus Christ was God in the flesh than surely he would not have asked himself why he had forsaken himself. Surely God in the flesh would not have lied (since he was God and incapable of lies) about not knowing the time or date. How do we reconcile this FACT? These are just a few examples pertaining to the point im trying to make.
#2 How do we justify the claims that God inspired the books of the Bible when not one single author of any of these books claims to have been inspired by God. Wouldn't it make sense if God was using a human being to relay its message the human writing this message would have said as much? However, not one of the biblical authors begins his/her book with the disclaimer "GOD INSPIRED ME TO WRITE THIS." How do we reconcile this fact?
#3 The Gospels were obviously written by educated, literate, Greek speaking scholars. However, 99.9% of the followers of Jesus especailly those who supposedly wrote these books were illterate, Aramaic speaking peasants. How do we reconcile this?
#4 The idea of "Hell" is never mentioned in the Old Testament. Dont believe me then I suggest you read again. And Sheol was the Jewish equivilant of the Greek Underworld not the lake of fire described by Jesus. Believers tend to forget that Jesus was Jewish and used the OT as the foundation of his teachings. However, major themes of his message seem to directly contradict the concepts found within the OT. The concept of the "Rapture" is also never mentioned in either the OT or NT. How do we reconcile this fact?
#5 If God can never be in the presence of evil then how do we explain the origins of Lucifer? According to most religious dogma God not only was in the presence of pure evil God created it. Why would a perfect being create the ultimate evil knowing good and well (Because God sees the past and future) that this evil being would deceive and destory its most precious creation?
#6 God gives such heroines as Sampson, Joshua, David and many others the power to utterly detroy their enemies. Sampson slew over two dozen men with a animal jaw bone. Anyone care to imagine that scene. Skulls bashed in, men screaming to God in pure agony while they bleed to death. Joshuas men slew every man, woman, child, and animal when they sacked Jericho. I find this odd because God told Moses "THOU SHALT NOT KILL". I guess God meant thou shalt not commit murder unless I tell you to.

Does this sound like God to anyone? I don't say these things because I don't believe in God or want to make fun of anyones beliefs. I just would like people to consider the fact that we might have it wrong. This doesn't mean God doesn't exist it just means our concepts conerning the reality of God could be off a bit.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
ok 1 the first guy with the book points to a completely different area and says the mountian is here here it is and also said they didnt cross the red sea they went down this way and up and made a loop here and went back lol. 2 wow its a cracked rock there all over the place. 3 water erosion takes place over hundreds and thousands of years on rocks the rock would not have erroded from one event. bible debunked yet again

Also Wouldnt it be possible for the people who wrote the bible or people who knew people who wrote the bible to have discovered these ruins and the big "cracked" rock and then just put it in the book. no hard evidence

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join