It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BC Burns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

85% of BC in under high risk alert.

That's 364,764 square miles girls.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I only hope that the fires don't reach BC and I hope that if they do that no one is hurt. I will pray for you all in BC

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Good luck - Victoria lost nigh on 300 people this year - massive.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Take care cuz.

BC will be in our thoughts.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
My heart and prayers go out to all those in harms way.

Please be careful.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
i witnessed last night the most amazing electrical storm of my life. Power out, people dead...sigh...two young girls..tree fell on them because the severity of teh storm wasnt stressed...died sleeping in their tent..small town..

the lights went off but it was like the lights were still on. I'm from the bc interior, near kamloops, where there was huge fire a few years ago.

all i have to add is if we take this in combination with what pine beetle does to forests the problem could be very, very large.
time to renew my fs150 i guess.....

[edit on 3-8-2009 by heyo]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
as i read the article, i can only think...why not just clearcut the entire space within the buffer zone between lilloet and the fires.
i know they have nuclear physicists on this but i figured i'd chime in.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas
Good luck - Victoria lost nigh on 300 people this year - massive.

Victoria???? there were fires there? 300 people lost homes, or were killed???

WHEN, WHERE????? How could I possibly not hear about this!?!?!?!?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I watched on the news how people were being *forcibly* evacuated from their homes, all it takes is a possible disaster and they go to the concentration camps er Kamloops. Thats where it said they were being sent. I dont know where they will stay my sister says there is a housing shortage.

I would refuse to leave my home.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

dude there's no housing shortage there i framed there for two years we had to branch out to merritt.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
I watched on the news how people were being *forcibly* evacuated from their homes, all it takes is a possible disaster and they go to the concentration camps er Kamloops. Thats where it said they were being sent. I dont know where they will stay my sister says there is a housing shortage.

I would refuse to leave my home.

This in BC canada???? Forced to leae their homes and go to Kamloops???? From Victoria??????

WTH???? Am I living in Bazaro land? Why have I not heard ONE thing about this??????

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

my understanding of it is that any mentin of victoria is way off based, and those from lilloet are moving to kamloops, which is pretty close.
there is no housing shortage in kamloops either. pffft.
to that rumour i exclaim fie on't.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Yeah, I thought so.....lol...my facebook news would have said something, since most of my friends and some family live in Vic...the Kelowna thing got a lot of facebook buzz, but only for a few hours....

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

well i got soem people in vic i care about so i'm glad you haven't heard anything. my small town has no name so i'm in the kamloops/kelowna circle. actually i'm moving to kelowna next month i hope there's something left, gulp

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Lmao well maybe I misunderstand her. She is having trouble finding a place, maybe thats just due to her finances haha...
But yes people were being moved from wherever (not Victoria though) to Kamloops

new topics

top topics

join