It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada Supreme Court considers releasing Simpson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Nevada Supreme Court considers releasing Simpson

news.yahoo.com

LAS VEGAS – A trio of Nevada Supreme Court justices focused Monday on whether O.J. Simpson and a former golfing buddy received a fair trial in a gunpoint hotel room heist and whether the case was so unique that the two men should be freed from prison while their appeals are considered.

"This is post-conviction. That's what concerns me," Justice Michael Cherry declared during rare oral arguments by lawyers about whether the former football star and co-defendant Clarence "C.J." Stewart should be allowed to post bond while their appeals are pending.

Cherry, the chairman of the three-
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This guy just won't stop...but I suppose its good that he be allowed to exhaust all of his legal options just so we can always say his rights were always protected even though he doesn't give a crap about the rights of others.

When his bond is denied and he remains in his cage, It would be nice to send the man a care package...some KY Jelly, Scented Oils and Incense so this monster can get on with his life and forget about ever seeing the light of day as a free man.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
So, you have personally seen evidence that proves OJ did these crimes? Or are you just on the bandwagon that the media convinced you to hop on.

If you look into the OJ cases much closer, you will realize there is tons of inconsistencies and problems.

I am personally of the belief that it was all a conspiracy, and that he was destroyed for reasons not mentioned.

I still believe he is innocent of all the charges, because no one cares to show the evidence that would prove his guilt.

If you can prove beyond any doubt that he is a hard core criminal, than maybe we can lock him up and throw away the key.

Just show me the evidence and I'll shut up.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Actually, I don't know anything about the OJ Simpson case, nor do I care if he stays in jail or is released. What is important is that he is able to use all his legal options, which he apparently is able to do.

Setting someone like that up takes a lot of effort...it seems that the target would have to be stupid himself to actually get caught in some sort of sting operation. Which OJ is...I think he pretty much knew that America was looking for an excuse...and he provided one.

But...I think he'll probably be settling in to his 8x11 in short time now. The KY Jelly and scented, edible body oils will be the only thing he needs in the future.

I suppose that at the end of the day...it only matters what is, not what we'd like it to be...A hardened criminal...maybe not...locked up for what could be the rest of his life...definately yes. Did he do it...I don't know.

If he didn't do it...he will own one of the saddest stories I have ever heard.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Personally, I think his son Jason "did it".

OJ is still a scum for being a wife beater, but he is probably not a murderer.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Since I live in Vegas, I can't attest to anything shown on the news anywhere else. I can say the recordings played pretty clearly indicate the crimes he was charged with. You cannot hold someone at gunpoint, refuse to let them leave and take claim of 'your belongings' without committing a crime. Unless I missed something, based upon the judge ruling, OJ was/is guilty.

The simple fact that state dollars are being wasted on him is what bothers me. And IF they release him, I would consider him a flight risk. It's just not worth it. He's too smarmy.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
O.J. Simpson a flight risk? Oh come on.

It's not like he'd hop into a buddy's white Bronco, put a gun to his own head and force his buddy to drive him around on various freeways for six or seven hours just to avoid being taken into custody or something crazy like that.

new topics

top topics

join