It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Dark Matter Origin For Mystery Radiation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

ScienceDaily (Aug. 2, 2009) — A team of researchers working with data from ESA’s Integral gamma-ray observatory has disproved theories that some form of dark matter explains mysterious radiation in the Milky

That this radiation exists has been known since the 1970s, and several theories have been proposed to explain it. Integral’s unprecedented spectral and spatial resolution showed that it strongly peaks towards the centre of the Galaxy, with an asymmetry along the Galactic disc.

Several researchers have invoked a variety of dark matter to explain Integral’s observations. Dark matter is thought to exist throughout the Universe – undetectable matter that differs from the normal material that makes up stars, planets and us. It is also believed to be present within and around the Milky Way, in the form of a halo.

The recent study has found that the ‘positrons’ fuelling the radiation are not produced from dark matter but from an entirely different, and much less mysterious, source: massive stars explode and leave behind radioactive elements that decay into lighter particles, including positrons, the antimatter counterparts of electrons.

Read full ScienceDAILY article here: www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
That article makes me LOL on the floor with my pants on fire.

Exploding stars produce massive synchrotron radiation?

There is only one mechanism responsible for such radiation, and that is particle acceleration in an electric field.

This article highlights total insane nonsense passed off as science to the public by theoretical physicists.

These men should be brought up on FRAUD charges for taking the publics tax dollars to fund their ridiculous research and then putting out blatant lies to the public.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
eh? i did a google check on synchrotron radiation and showed a link to wikipedia. I think you got your info wrong as to its only source

en.wikipedia.org...

Synchrotron radiation is electromagnetic radiation, similar to cyclotron radiation, but generated by the acceleration of ultrarelativistic (i.e., moving near the speed of light) charged particles through magnetic fields. This may be achieved artificially in synchrotrons or storage rings, or naturally by fast electrons moving through magnetic fields in space. The radiation produced may range over the entire electromagnetic spectrum, from radio waves to infrared light, visible light, ultraviolet light, X-rays, and gamma rays. It is distinguished by its characteristic polarization and spectrum (taken from link)

after reading this i wonder what the hell is going on in the scientific community that they can get it so wrong when there was an explanation for it already.....

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
"generated by...charged particles through magnetic fields"

that is the long way to say "electric current."

magnetic fields are produced by flowing electrons, hence, since synchrotron radiation is produced by a charged particle MOVING (moving being the key word) through a magnetic field, that is the same as saying it is produced by an electric current.

The authors of Wikipedia are careful never to use the E word when describing cosmic phenomena lest the public catch on to their fraud.

You can not have a magnetic field without a moving electron, they are intimately bound and are one in the same. Where there is a magnetic field, there is a moving electron. To speak of magnetic fields without speaking about the accompanying electric current is scientific fraud.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by mnemeth1]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You know even the description of synchrotron radiation as it is written in Wikipedia is a fraud.

The assumption is made that a magnetic field already exists and that if you take an electron and shove it through that field fast enough, you will get synchrotron radiation.

That is not the case.

First an electron must exist. Then, as that electron is moved, it generates a magnetic field. If it is moved fast enough, it will begin to generate synchrotron radiation.

That would be the proper way to describe the generation of synchrotron radiation.

The movement of an electron (ie. an electric current) is the causative agent, not movement through a magnetic field. The magnetic field is a byproduct of the electrons movement.

new topics

top topics

join