It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain to put CCTV cameras in private homes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Britain to put CCTV cameras in private homes

www.wired.com

As an ex-Brit, I’m well aware of the authorities’ love of surveillance and snooping, but even I, a pessimistic cynic, am amazed by the governments latest plan: to install Orwell’s telescreens in 20,000 homes.

£400 million ($668 million) will be spend on installing and monitoring CCTV cameras in the homes of private citizens.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Apparently, CCTV cameras are being placed in the homes of troubled children as a means to "monitor" them.

It's impossible to say this without sounding overly rhetorical, but it's so incredibly obvious that it's hard to deny it:

This is how It begins.

They're already making us desire It. Through fear, hate, rhetoric, and terrorism, we'll be down on our knees begging for It.

Take It as you will.

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
they always do it in the name of protecting our children. how sick.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

It's always in the name of our children or God.

It's a sick world we live in, isn't it Donnie?

[edit on 3-8-2009 by howardbeale]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by howardbeale
reply to post by Donnie Darko

It's always in the name of our children or God.

It's a sick world we live in, isn't it Donnie?

Yup.

I hope it changes in the near future.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
How is this supposed to work? Even if you believe the story, all these TVs would be able to accomplish is to film the kid having a crisis for "Britian's Funniest Home Videos." I don't understand why the UK would waste 600 mil for something that stupid. As much as we bitch about the US, something like that would never fly here.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

This is how It begins.

Nah, it began a long time ago. This is just another symptom of the problem of a unequipped, uneducated, uninspired masses being enslaved, manipulated and robbed by a clever, relentless few.

Let's all stop waiting for the SHTF scenario and realize we're the slow boiling kind of frogs.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psynarchist

This is how It begins.

Nah, it began a long time ago. This is just another symptom of the problem of a unequipped, uneducated, uninspired masses being enslaved, manipulated and robbed by a clever, relentless few.

Let's all stop waiting for the SHTF scenario and realize we're the slow boiling kind of frogs.

That's kind of what I was getting at. I do agree though; this has been going on for quite some time. It just seems that (setting aside the legitimacy of this article for a second), this could be looked at on the same level as overmedicating your children or something; paranoid, overprotective parents will buy into this easily.

I found the article on www.huffingtonpost.com.

I understand that they aren't a technical news source, but I have faith that a website that's this well-known would at least check the legitimacy of a front page article.

Like I said, take it as you will

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
"First, they came for the broken families. I wasn't in one, so I did nothing...."

How long do you suppose it'll be before we're quoting that for real?

Time to wake the Hell up. This isn't a damned game anymore.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by howardbeale

Wait until the Daily Express newspaper gets hold of this -> Headline: "Government to Spend £400 million to Spy in Your Homes!!!".

Oh wait this is the Sunday Express...... probably garbage then!

[edit on 3-8-2009 by john124]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
"First, they came for the broken families. I wasn't in one, so I did nothing...."

How long do you suppose it'll be before we're quoting that for real?

Time to wake the Hell up. This isn't a damned game anymore.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by projectvxn]

There are quite a lot of bad households in the UK though, the problem here is pretty bad! Waste of money though! Improve standard of schooling and education and educate parents as well. Forget this current generation and help the next one, therefore solving the problem forever.

It's wasteful to help people who may be so far gone with disillusionment & drugs that you wouldn't succeed anyway. The problem is that younger kids often copy their older fkd up older bro's and sisters, therefore the problem is inherent and that make it almost unfixable.

Somebody the other day justified smacking kids at school, and I said you could justify anything if it appeared to work - for example communism & slavery. Both achieve results that favour those who implement the decisions, and were (are) only accepted due to a mindset. And those who control would convince others that what they are doing is acceptable, and all bad side-effects such as abuse to be ignored.

So I certainly can see where the govt. could almost justify anything as a mindset if using fear & other strong emotions. Next camera's could be built into new homes and integrated into walls & ceilings. OK maybe going too far, but anything's possible!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Agreed my friend.

It's getting real scary out there...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Being a screw up is the problem and responsibility of the idiot in question. If you're not free to make bad decisions, or be a loser, then you're not free at all... The government should NEVER try this crap. Even if it was an effective use of money it is still not their place to do this. No one should have to live under a watchful eye that has no interest in your well being, only their own.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
That little Island has conquered most of the planet. When looking back on history you can see just how much Britain has shaped the world and still does today. Sometimes in secret.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Now you know why they took your guns.

So they could do this, and everything else they have planned.

I'm glad I'm old. You guys are screwed.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

When you get right down to it, projectvxn, we can look at stuff like seatbelt laws, cigarette taxes, etc. as further examples of attempts by the Powers That Be at suppressing human nature.

You're right: they have NO interest in who we are, what we believe in, or whatever it is we'll ultimately become.

Humanity needs the opportunity to experience...trial and error...or something like it.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

With all due respect...and this isn't meant as anything against who you are...it's your generation (I'm assuming baby boomers?) that got us here!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

With all due respect...and this isn't meant as anything against who you are...it's your generation (I'm assuming baby boomers?) that got us here!

I fought against it when I was in my prime. We tried to tell you what was coming; we were called nuts.

What are you doing about it while in your prime?

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

My generation is 100 times worse. We're blinded by consumerism and self-gratification.

I didn't mean it as an insult or anything, don't get me wrong. Your generation was the first to ever truly "get it."

I dunno.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Duplicate located here

Closing

Semper

new topics

top topics

join