It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the British authorities grovelling like dogs to America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Why are the British authorities grovelling like dogs to America?

www.dailymail.co.uk

Since it is now obvious that the British state is about to commit one of the most protoplasmic acts of self-abasement since Suez, and since the clock is now ticking to the moment when Gary McKinnon, 43, will be taken from his home in north London and put - if necessary by force - on a plane to America, it is time to pose the question everyone seems to have ignored.
Leave aside, for a moment, the morality of exporting the Asperger's sufferer for trial in America. Can I ask what is the point of having a trial at all?
Gary McKinnon is accused of hacking into American military computers. And ye
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I know this has already been mentioned several times, but the headline alone deserves attention and the more publicity this gets - the better!

Related headlines:

If they drag McKinnon to America, he will never come back

Cabinet split after Peter Hain demands Gary McKinnon be tried in Britain

I think the issue of guilt has already been settled, and that he deserves some form of punishment. But the possibility of 60 years is ridiculous, and he should be tried in Britain under the computer misuse act.

But why the hell do we have to let my country (Britain) be treated this way!!

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-8-2009 by john124]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I am of the belief that it is all a show. Put some lipstick on that pig and everyone will think it's 'purty'.

I have many reasons to believe that the UK still runs the show, globally. And that the USA is actually the lapdog.

History actually confirms this, read your history books from this perspective and all will come together and make sense.

However this is really the case of the dog chasing it's own tail, after all. We are one in the same nowadays.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Hackers don't have many friends. Nobody likes them. They are criminals who cause havoc and cost billions a year to defend against.

Add to that an admitted pothead, classic mommy's basement loser who thinks that suddenly claiming Aspergers will somehow make him innocent? Having Aspergers does not make a person not understand they are committing a crime.

Only other hackers like hackers. I doubt this is political and I know its not important. The only important thing is when these losers are caught, they do serious time as a lesson to others.

If somebody committed a crime against you and your family and fled to the US, would not you want them brought to the UK for trial? What goes around comes around.

How do you feel about the serious crime he committed? That would reveal your motive? Are you for or against punishing hackers for their expensive and serious crimes?

new topics

top topics

join