It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Iraq Outsource Nuclear Weapons Research??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Last night on Fox News, former Justice Department prosecutor, John Loftus reported that, before the war, British intelligence had intercepted a �frantic� communication between North Korea and Libya regarding the possible invasion of Iraq. According to Mr. Loftus, during this phone call the North Koreans and Libyans expressed extreme concern that if the Americans were to invade Iraq, that they would find the documentation of their complicity in helping Iraq produce nuclear weapons. Furthermore, the Libyan side of the conversation was concerned about who would pay the approximately 400 Iraqi scientists then working on the project in Libya. �Iraqi scientists in Libya??� you ask. Well according to Mr. Loftus, Saddam Hussein had used information obtained from two moles in Hans Blix�s inspection team to allow him to move his WMD programs out of Iraq and into Libya directly under the noses of the U.N. inspectors. (BTW: John Scarlet�s team of MI6 WMD investigators, has supposedly found two of Hans Blix� employee�s on the Oil for food pay-off list)

Now obviously, I�m not saying that Mr. Loftus� report is the gospel truth. I do think however that it is a very possible scenario. In fact, I think it would fit some of the facts fairly well.

For example;

1) Most of the world�s major intelligence agencies believed that Iraq had ongoing chemical and nuclear programs prior to the war.
2) Both the U.S. and U.K. continually claimed that Hans Blix�s U.N. inspection teams were compromised by Iraqi intelligence.
3) The U.S. intelligence even had communication intercepts from Iraq discussing their clearing of suspected WMD sites before U.N. inspections.
4) North Korea admitted to having a nuclear weapons program and basically said. �So what? Bribe us and we�ll get rid of it.�
5) The timing of Libya�s capitulation on WMDs would coincide with the U.S. and U.K. finding damning documentation in Iraq.

So, what do those of you here on ATS believe? Isn�t this possible? Isn�t something as simple as this, more likely than some grand NWO conspiracy? After all, there has already been a fantastic discussion, here on ATS, of Iraq having moved their chemical weapons programs to Syria. So it would seem to fit Saddam�s M.O.

Anyways, I�m interested in hearing the ATS community�s thoughts on this.

-Cypher

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Found an interesting but short commentary here, though not dealing with outsourcing, sorry:
1994 Saudia Arabia Special Weapons News

The diplomat smuggled 13,000 documents that reportedly show that "Saudi Arabia has engaged in a secret 20-year campaign to acquire nuclear weapons. As part of its search, the oil-rich state poured billions of dollars into Saddam Hussein's drive to build a bomb even as the Iraqi dictator was planning the invasion of Kuwait.

seekerof

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Seekerof,

Thanks for the link. I found it very interesting, as although I didn't put it in the original post, Mr. Loftus suggested that Iraq and Libya were not the only Arab investors in the Nuclear weapons program going on in Libya. If I recall correctly he didn't really name any other countries per se, but he did refer to it as an "arab consortium" that was pushing to get the nuclear technology. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if certain elements in Saudia Arabia were involved as well. Thanks again,

-Cypher

new topics

join