It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real UFOs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Hem, judging by the ballistic orientation of the "object" over the multiple frames, as well as its amorphous look, as well the fact that this is posted for public viewing, as well the fact that (can't reference them because of TAC) I have looked over many other discussion forums and they seem to concur(if that was even nessicary) that this object is space junk in a decaying orbit. Phage covered the details already, and I think anyone who does a little investigation will come to the same conclusion. Yet another example of how the odd perspectives in space can make something mundane appear special. This is all in my humble opinion of course.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

Originally posted by kroms33

I think you are commenting on someone elses comment... I didn't refer to the size of anything but the pictures... hi res... hmmm.

Not to be picky but:

Originally posted by kroms33

Oh come now. Now we have a bunch of slobs as astronauts? Wouldn't that be kind of unsafe to be LOOSING satellite size debris from the ISS???

[edit on 8/3/2009 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

That is a good possibility - and that is why I wanted the Hi-res pics.

Could be space junk, could be something else...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by kroms33

I think you are commenting on someone elses comment... I didn't refer to the size of anything but the pictures... hi res... hmmm.

Not to be picky but:

Oh come now. Now we have a bunch of slobs as astronauts? Wouldn't that be kind of unsafe to be LOOSING satellite size debris from the ISS???

Not to be picky either but you didn't even read the quote from NASA you put up did you?

Such was the case in December 1998 when a slidewire carrier and a worksite interface were lost by the STS-88 crew while conducting an extravehicular activity (EVA) for ISS. These objects were large enough to be tracked by the U.S. SSN and were cataloged (U.S. satellite numbers 25564 and 25565).

Again... Wouldn't that be kind of unsafe to be LOOSING satellite size debris from the ISS???

[edit on 8/3/2009 by kroms33]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

I just do not think it is 'something else' because of a few things:

1. The obvious ballistic nature of the object. (ie; it is tilted on its axis in a different way each frame and appears to be losing altitude from what I can see) I wouldn't think an intelligently controlled object would be in such an apparent out of control orbit that looks like it is decaying (hard to be sure from the pics but it certainly looks like it). The shuttle and other human craft do change their axis, but this is only for certain maneuvers in accordance with orbital mechanics, specifically for docking, gaining or lowering altitude, etc. But even then they are always in a "logical tilt", meaning they are not tilted in all kinds of diagonal and odd ways, like the object is.

2. The overall shape of the object just looks like a broke piece of something else. I mean I do not claim to know what an alien craft would look like (as I am no alien engineer, not even a human one!lol) But I feel it is safe to assume it would not be all jagged and overall 'broke' and amorphous looking for a obvious material object. I would guess that at least some human logic would still apply to spacecraft engineering even for aliens. I mean we are not that dumb,lol.

3. The perspective in space is just crazy due to the lack of reference points. Most of the population on Earth (that are not seasoned astronauts) are not used to that large and non-linear perspective. So something relatively small can look rather large.

4. I highly doubt NASA would slip up an release images of what appears to be a massive spacecraft in orbit.

5. Again, the orbit looks like an obvious decay...I saw this right away. It is apparent to me that this object has no internal control and is bound by natural orbital conditions.

But hey, I could be wrong...I just doubt it. I admit at the very first part of the film I was like "what?", then I saw the tell tale signs. I wish this were proof of a alien craft, I just don't think so in my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

Well, yes. It is unsafe to be letting stuff go in orbit. And if you read the document I linked, it is highly discouraged. But, people being human, it happens.

But in regard to the size issue. I guess it does depend on what you call "satellite sized".

In order to be able to keep track of everything once it's detected, the 1st Command and Control Squadron (1st CACS) maintains a catalog of all space objects orbiting the earth (and some beyond) which are ten centimeters (about the size of a baseball) or larger in size. Over the years, they have catalogued almost 25,000 objects. Of the 8,500 objects being tracked today, only about 7 percent are operational satellites, 15 percent are rocket bodies, and the remaining 78 percent are either inactive satellites or assorted other space debris.

celestrak.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I know there is space junk out there but if a picture was taken of something that shouldn't have been classifying it as junk seems like a broad answer.

Why would space junk have lights or jet plumes.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/648c7000cb6a.jpg[/atsimg]

Possibly a Stealth type jet or skunk project. This was 1998 so who knows what was up there.

Maybe this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/uploads/ats62027_hbt-3x.jpg[/atsimg]
phote found here www.abovetopsecret.com...

or from something on this thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Rhain

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

You know that is likely a reflection from the very bright Sun or a lens flare right? I mean just look where it is coming from, the EDGE of the "wing" section, I mean it makes much more sense to be the reflection of a sharp, angular point of debris rather then some "engine" oddly placed on the tip the "wing" of the craft.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

You do realize that both images you show of the object are the same, just flipped?

Here's an image taken of the same object, taken 1 minute 24 seconds before the one you show.
Kind of hard to see how this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36be8f40b1f7.png[/atsimg]

Could be anything like this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/uploads/ats62027_hbt-3x.jpg[/atsimg]

(or any other spacecraft)

Looks a lot like an irregularly shaped object, tumbling around.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

My guess is that the "light" is merely sunlight reflecting off of the object. I doubt that a "jet plume" that large could exist in the oxygen stricken environment of outer space.

The sporadic nature of the object's movement indicates that it is likely rather small and lacking any sort of control.

As others have said, it appears that the object is in a decaying orbit and set to eventually enter the Earth's atmosphere. If this object was as massive as one may be led to assume, then it would be very obvious if it were to burn up in the Earth's atmosphere. Considering that these photos were taken years ago, the object would surely of entered the atmosphere by now, and we would have noticed it doing so if it turned out to be huge.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Do we have any pictures of black satellites or space junk to confirm?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I see 3 smaller points of light on the opposite side of the larger light, can anyone explain that? I don't think it's a reflection.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36be8f40b1f7.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41f5fed455c3.png[/atsimg]

I had to chuckle when I saw this image...kinda looks like a silhouette of someone riding a speeder bike from Return of the Jedi.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You know for some reason I'm thinking advanced lifting body....

[edit on 3-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
They are kinda interesting, but they look more like rock, paper, scissors to me.

One pick looks like some alien riding a speeder. The front looks like it has a beak or a spread fork like some picks of egyptian symbols. Also reminds me of the one flying alien video. One pick does look more like part of a carboard box unfolded and some string on one side. One looks pleated like some solar panel.

www.patentstorm.us...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

Again, keep in mind that this object is likely not the size it appears to be from the frames.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Again, keep in mind that this object is likely not the size it appears to be from the frames.

I like the first picture the best you can see some detail.

How come you can't see other satellites or space junk in the pictures?

Is it possible to figure out the distance from the astronaut and the object?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Because satellites are in orbits higher than the shuttle or ISS, usually at at least 300 miles, while the shuttle and ISS are usually at 200 miles. Thus you can't see them in the pictures because they are above the craft taking the pictures. The exception to this is navigation type satellites(some are at 100 miles) but compared to the size of the orbit it is no surprise they are not seen in a few snap shots, as well their small size.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Mission: STS088 Roll: 724 Frame: 70 Mission ID on the Film or image: STS88
Country or Geographic Name: OCEAN
Features: SUNGLINT, SPACE DEBRIS

SPACE DEBRIS...OMG its sounds like religion they have the same famous answer which fits in for every question..example FAITH for religion....

Can we together look for parts of satellites or of STS's missions so that we catalogue them and locate this very piece of debris..because IMO it can be Space Debris but none that look like Man Made....

Dont forget there might be a War between races (in my perfect world)..so it might be some Alien Debris

We need to do some effort since they are astonishing pictures and are posted in Nasa's Website...is it too good to be true..hope not

Also 1 more question...can the lights seen be emmited from the Object itself? or is it a reflection?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Well when the object obviously shows a ballistic movement I don't see how it would be anything but debris. Now it does look strange, but really it could be any type of debris. We are not exactly getting a close look at it. But I too think the "battle theory" is interesting, so you may be right--I mean it is at least a possibility, there is just no strong evidence(other than hear-say pretty much) for it at this time. But that is another thread anyways.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join