It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Muse album - 'Resistance'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The full album's due out in September, however the first song has just been released called 'Uprising.' It's the perfect song for perusing either ATS or BTS - the lyrics are so freakin' relevant here.

Here's the full song.

Lyrics:

The paranoia is in bloom, the PR
The transmissions will resume
They'll try to push drugs
Keep us all dumbed down and hope that
We will never see the truth around
(So come on!)

Another promise, another scene, another
A package not to keep us trapped in greed
With all the green belts wrapped around our minds
And endless red tape to keep the truth confined
(So come on!)

[Chorus]
They will not force us
They will stop degrading us
They will not control us
We will be victorious

Interchanging mind control
Come let the revolution take its toll if you could
Flick the switch and open your third eye, you'd see that
We should never be afraid to die
(So come on!)

Rise up and take the power back, it's time that
The fat cats had a heart attack, you know that
Their time is coming to an end
We have to unify and watch our flag ascend

And here's the official website:

www.museresistance.com...

Anyway I loved their last album and can't wait for this one. If the above video is eventually removed, I'll try and post other links as necessary...

[edit on 4/8/09 by Evasius]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Another song from the album:

Muse - United States Of Eurasia

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Evasius,

Thanks for the looking out, muse is a very killer band.

SVE

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Who'd have thought Muse would rip the Doctor Who theme so obviously in a record?

For a band that has been consistently original, its a damn shame

and who could forget this gem?

Big fan of Muse, but the similarities are so damned obvious.

[edit on 4/8/09 by neformore]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
theres a song called MK ULTRA!!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

That's so similar it had to be intentional. Surely there's a purpose or some story behind their decision to sample that theme song.

Anyway, good catch - it's definitely the same sound.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Matt Bellamy is a big conspiracy nut and the last two albums have slowly started to sweep that way lyrically. Wouldn't be surprised if he read this forum at times!

Not sure so far on the new album direction, but its only been two songs.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I may well be going against the grain here, but does anyone else here find Muse to be truly awful?

I find Bellamy's vocals to be grating, the music self-indulgent, pompous and increasingly proposterous, and the conspiracy-themed lyrics are just cringeworthy!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I friggin LOVE Muse!

I agree with Chriswok, their lyrics have always leaned slightly to the left but it's looks like they're not holding back on this one!
Not that I'm complaining..

It would be so fab to see them on tour.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Surprise! I like the melody, beat, tune and lyrics. At first I was ready to pass this by for some reason. I'm glad I clicked on it. Never heard of this group before but I'm old and out of touch. It kind of reminds me of the old 80's rock blended with british techno beats.

But those lyrics are incredible.. could it be a reverse-psychology experiment with sound manipulation for subliminal programming? Maybe not. Its just that I've read so many stories about how the music and acting industry may have been infiltrated by blackops, shadow gov, CIA types.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Muse is 21st Century Queen with a message!
They rock, period.
There are other "awake" bands out there, like Radiohead, but Muse wins the prise for most "conspiratorial band".
They should be the soundtrack for this site.
(sometimes, yes, they are a little fey, but you gotta admit, some of their riffs are hardcore.)
Their last album, "blackholes and revelations" was more conspiratorial but not as good, songwise, as the album before, (can't recall the album name, but it's the one with 'butterflies and hurricanes.'
Can't wait, hope they tour in my neck o' the woods

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I just had to come back. After listening to the song again, I must say, great message, but boring song. Also, I think, pretty obvious they leaked it early because they expect a sing along audience participaction (haha) number.
I still love muse, I'm sure they'll be a couple good songs on the album.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

I know, they would be awesome to see live! They put on such an amazing show. I missed seeing them in my home city a couple of years ago... really wish I'd been there.

Found this amazing cover of USOE on YouTube and thought I'd post it here. I'm definitely going to try and play this on piano, when I'm finished with my current song.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone cares lol but here is the intro to Uprising which I made in GarageBand on the Mac. I'm not a pro at this stuff but it's sounding alright, still need to tweak it and finish the song of course

A sub or decent headphones are recommended for the best experience :p

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

Ha, brilliant! That's good - I've never worked with that software. You should remix it now and see what you can come up with, maybe like slam-dance techno 'uprising.'

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Hi, I hope this thread is still open. Thanks to Pretty Vacant I just found this thread now after posing a similar thread on June 2nd at this thread. Unfortunately I received no replies then.

You will find that United States of Eurasia sounds like the Bolero in the middle, and he shouts Eurasia just like Queen's "Bicycle! Bicycle!". Still, it's a brilliant song, and you can tell that he purposefully borrows styles from different artists, as he admitted himself that the new album is a collection of all his favorite music styles - a complete mishmash!

I really can't wait to hear the full album, especially the Exogenesis Symphony!

I have all their albums thus far, and will make sure that their new album will include the DVD in my collection.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

Uprising has a boring mainstream feeling to it, but it's the lyrics that are the most important. My favorite line in the song is:

Rise up and take the power back, it's time that
The fat cats had a heart attack, you know that
Their time is coming to an end
We have to unify and watch our flag ascend

That's a very daring verse!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

Their best album is called "Absolution". I don't think their new album will beat that one in any way, but it'll yet be a masterpiece.

Funnily enough, the first song that made me realize how conspiratorial their lyrics are was "Take A Bow" on their last album:

Corrupt, you corrupt,
Bring corruption to all that you touch.

Hold, you’ll behold,
And behold and for all that you’ve done.

And Spell, cast a spell,
Cast a spell on the country you run.

And risk, you will risk,
You will risk all their lives and their souls.

And burn, you will burn,
You will burn in hell, yeah you’ll burn in hell.
You’ll burn in hell, yeah you’ll burn in hell for your sins.

Ooohhh.
Our freedom is consuming itself,
What we've become is contrary to what we want
Take a bow.

Death, you bring death and destruction to all that you touch.

Pay, you must pay
You must pay for your crimes against the earth.

Hex, feed the hex
Feed the hex on the country you love

Beg, you will beg
You will beg for their lives and their souls.

Yeah,
Burn, you will burn,
You will burn in hell, yeah you’ll burn in hell,
You’ll burn in hell, yeah you’ll in hell,
Burn in hell, yeah you'll burn in hell for your sins.

He said that his new album will be only half geo-political and conspiratorial, as we know very well that there are many out there who think he shouldn't even go there! They say he's an idiot for believing in conspiracies...

Did you ever see the trailer of a movie that Matt Bellamy could have made himself about conspiracy theories, but was made for fun by some person on Youtube:

[edit on 6-9-2009 by MightyAl]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

I'm waiting for them to come to Taiwan...whenever that will be! Maybe 2010? They came here in 2006, so at least they know how to get here I never saw them live though! That'd be bloody spectaculartastic!

Since I'm waiting very impatiently for their new album to come out, I just had to go to their website to listen to 30 second excerpts of each song on the album.

You can do the same if you like, but you may feel disappointed, as 30 second tracks don't give you much of an idea, and all you hear is the least interesting parts of their songs (I hope!). I really have great expectations of this album!

For the 30 second excerpts of each song you can go to:

Muse - 30 Seconds

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Chriswok

I also really hope that he reads this website. He's one of the best minds in the show business. No wonder he has such a smart fiance. It's good to see some normal people in this kind of biz.

I see you're from Newcastle. I lived there for 3 years. I really love it there. It's the best city I've ever lived in, and I have lived in five countries! It's the best city ever! I never got bored when I lived there! I miss it a lot.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join