It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where to begin...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
To sum it up I had my first paranormal experience. Now you are probably questioning whether it was paranormal or not. I firmly believe that it was. So I will start with the history.

I am watching an house for my mom while she is out of the country. Funny how I just got back from overseas. She has had some strange experiences in this house before and I even had a strange occurrence last year. From what I know the house or at least houses built in this plot before dated back to the 30's. Maybe even farther back. We haven't been able to dig up anything else and hit a dead end.

The first night they moved into the house was a strange one from what she told me. They didn't have any lights on at night so it was pitch black. She wakes up to see a woman standing over her from the side of the bed staring at her. She stares back and then the woman disappears a few second later. Weeks later after they move in a friend hears a woman say "The picture" loudly. She was the only one inside the house at the time. My mom was on the other side of town.

I spent a few days here last December before going on vacation and one night while lying in bed I heard distinctive small footsteps outside of my door in the hallway. She has a terrier and a golden retriever so I first thought that it was the terrier. I check but their door is closed and the terrier is passed out on the bed. I walk around the house but I don't find anything and I know for certain that they don't have mice / rats. At that point I was starting to buy into her theory of paranormal activity.

A few months pass and now I am watching the house while she is out of the country. The first few nights were fine. But two nights ago while watching TV I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. I won't lie I have great peripheral vision and I saw a glimpse of someone walking to my left. At that point I figured that I would try something. Sometimes when they move objects, close windows, ect they will be open when they come back. So I close this window in the kitchen, which looks out into that area, that is hard to close and very loud.

I come back five minutes later and it's open. I should have been able to here the screeching but it was silent. At that point I start getting spooked. Nothing out of the normal happens that night. Last night while getting ready to go to sleep I was brushing my teeth. Out of the corner of my eye I see what looks like the terrier going to my right into the bathroom. I thought it was strange because the terrier loves me and last I checked he was on the bed. I turn and see him on the bed and then I check the bathroom. Empty. Neither of the dogs had moved.

At around 1:30 I am still awake and working on the laptop. There is an indoor pool in the back that makes up most of the backyard and has two locked glass doors. We have a security system, lights,ect. The door had been previously broken and was locked. I heard it slam shut so at that point I grab my pistol, yes pistol + ghosts = fail
but at that time I thought someone was intruding. I make sure the alarm is off and I go around from the front of the house and flank from the right. I go around the perimeter to see if I can see anything and alas nothing except for the door working now. There was no wind that night.

Just to make sure I call a trooper friend who is a few houses down and we sweep the house and general area just in case. He is into these kinds of things and basically explained that spirits sometimes are bonded to houses, buildings, objects, ect. And they aren't hostile but sometimes they get agitated when you disrupt things.

So after last night my belief in the paranormal has been concretely strengthened. And it was very interesting. Any thoughts on this? I am going to dig up some history on the house and explore some more.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Any thoughts on this?

Try talking to her. Or them. Be polite.

"The picture"

Ask about the picture.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Wow, I can't even imagine what you must have been going through. From what I believe I had a paranormal experience as well, when I was around 11. I still have my doubts though.

I wouldn't advise anyone being there alone. If someone else is near you, you won't feel as scared, and can ensure that your not going crazy.

Other than that, I have no idea.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Ask a paranormal or feng shui expert to visit the house. They can talk to the spirits and send them to where they should be.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
i think you shuld find info two see who might have died in the home even tho your friend thinks it hostile remember its a ghost your in your home
iv also had my share of mystry good luke hope you finnd what u whant

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
i think you shuld find info two see who might have died in the home even tho your friend thinks its not hostile remember its a ghost your in your home
iv also had my share of mystry good luke hope you finnd what u whant

[edit on 5-8-2009 by raffel]

top topics

join