It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

active, not lucid, dreams??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
SORRY, i totally posted this in the WRONG forum. super lame. :/

i have vivid dreams, dreams that i know sometimes are more than just dreams. i also have dreams that are just dreams, also, but these are different. i've had these dreams for years, its like a different world that i go to, i guess for lack of a better term i could say another dimension? but its not really like lucid dreaming because its like i'm living another life...*edit: i don't make a realization that i am "dreaming" until i wake up...i just...live there LOL(sorry i don't know if this makes any sense, except to me)
anyways, lately i have been having dreams that aren't even like i'm going somewhere else!
i make homemade bath products and the last few nights when i go to sleep its like i fall asleep and start working again! in my dream. its like i'm half awake the whole time and i can feel my brain thinking the way it does during waking reality...its just like i'm in a very concentrated trance? its so strange.

has anyone else had any dreams like this? similar?
am i just nutzo?

[edit on 8/3/2009 by double_frick]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This is pretty interesting...I've had dreams similar to what you describe, but not exactly.... but sometimes I have dreams where I feel almost like I'm someone else, in a different reality, or time, not sure how to describe it, I don't really believe in past lives but I feel a strong connection with the late 1960's-70's sometimes when I dream and it's almost like I'm someone in that time, but not BACK in time, just in an alternate...place.

Ugh that made me space out just trying to describe it, lol. But yeah, it feels so real and I don't know I'm dreaming, so when I wake up it's really a whatheheck moment.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Replikant

its so hard to explain.
i've done this once before for a period of time when i began working with rocks and crystals...for a few weeks i would often have dreams where i would be standing up with a table in front of me with stones strewn across it and i was just "learning" about them, though i don't remember someone else being their teaching me.
it's weird. and the weirdest part is being half in the waking world and very aware that i should be "sleeping" its almost like a trance.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

When you were "travelling", how did you get there?

I make aromatherapy products as part of my practice. When I make a batch of products I can sometimes get a bit "High" from working directly with more oils in a short period of time than usual . Do you use essential oils in your products?

Having said that, I do have experiences of going to another place in my "dreams". Are you willing to go into more detail about your dream states? What's your take on what you are experiencing?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by maya27

*edit* i forgot, i do use essential oils sometimes. it seems more that i'm so attached to perfecting things than as a result of the aromatherapy...just because i do it so early in the day and usually do not use my products, unless in the bath, of course.
(A.M. baths LOL)
well one time i shared a dream with my boyfriend and i remember we were floating in space...like it was the most natural thing in the world. it felt as natural as walking down the street to get to a destination.

parts that i remember i usually seem to materialize there, like teleporting? i would hardly call it that while in a dream state though.

there are places i visit often, and they are just like a city...parts of cities that aren't really full of landmarks so i don't know that they are physical places here that i am dreaming of.
and the same people recur, the most often people i visit i only know on the astral plane. but sometimes i can visit people, i feel very strongly that they must be dreaming of me as well because i feel as i am actually visiting them and not just dreaming of them.

there are some places that are more tropical and we (myself and whomever am hanging out with in the dream) fly to get from island to island and up to high places to just "hang out" and do nothing.

i guess it COULD be lucid dreaming? i may be unclear on the definition i guess...i just know that the whole dream feels real, i never make the realization i'm dreaming because to me, i'm not.

these dreams started getting me thinking a lot about what reality is.
maybe for some their dreams are just their subconscious...
maybe for me as well and i just choose to believe otherwise. but to me this reality could as easily be termed "dream" although i see it more as a game...but i digress.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

Over the past 5 years I have been going on journeys with four beings. From what I have read it is appears to be astral travel. I am given information, but don't always remember it all.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
eureka!

Portals to other realms. Moving up from dreams with plot and vivid situations are dreams that go into the category of virtual reality. Dreams where you were visiting places you’ve never been, but yet it felt so real to you in the dream that it was like you were really there. And who knows…maybe you were. Dreams where you meet up with people you know and maybe haven’t seen in a long time…or who may even be dead, but are paying you a visit. This is when dreams begin to act as actual portals. It’s the sort of thing I didn’t used to know about or believe in when I was younger, but have since had experiences which have shown me otherwise. Another aspect of dreaming can involve visiting parallel realities that we have, because for every choice we or our parents made for us, there’s the choice we/they didn’t make, which exists somewhere, out there. So I think we can connect to those parallel realities when we sleep, we get to see what we would be doing if we were “over there” instead of “over here.” Some do this via astral travel as well, leaving their bodies and flying around. When we sleep there’s that great potential to flit around, meeting up with people, having pow wows you could call it, going to other realms, learning things, even if we don’t consciously remember them when we wake. Many people also describe going to “class rooms” where they are taught things while they sleep. And they may very well be doing just that.

in2worlds.net...

anyone believe this is possible?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
If you mention these dreams, you probably found them exceptional, and there is a chance that they are not indigenous to your sleeping neural activity -- I mean you have not always experienced them. If I'm right about that, can you remember where they started to materialize? There could be a change in your neurochemistry, like there is a change in metabolism when the body slowly matures or ages, but the trigger could be external and not necessarily something that would stick out, like psychological trauma of some kind, coz you would probably mentioned that.

Your dreams are symbolic in nature and could be the result of your unconscious fears, desires, etc as well.

If you suspect that you are turning slowly mental or something, then that's very likely not it. There is really no clinical support for that, but you can try to google up some info on the possibility.

[edit on 8/7/2009 by stander]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
My dreams are extremely vivid. They have sound (music normally), scents, and feelings (touch).

I can remember crazy details- like the pattern of a wallpaper, the scent of a cologne, and more...

I have talked to many people over the years, and none of them experience dreams the way I do. I have multiple dreams per night, and I usually remember them all.

I don't know what it means.... it's just the way it is for me. Sometimes they are pleasant experiences, sometimes they totally drain me and I wake up more tired than when I went to bed.

top topics

join