It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK we need to talke about INGLORIOUS BASTERDS right now!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
"You haven't seen war until you see it through Quentin Tarintino's eyes..."

Yes I too cannot wait.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Tarantino is in Melbourne to promote Inglorious Basterds at the Melbourne International Film Festival.

I think his next film is a remake of Hitchcock's Birds because there were so many darn seagulls at the Melbourne Cricket Ground today you couldn't see the dang-nabbed footy match.

[edit on 9/8/2009 by rnaa]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I was just thinking about this film today - I'll be there OPENING NIGHT to see it. I really love Quentin Tarantino as a director - CANT WAIT FOR THIS FILM!!!

Should be brilliant

[edit on 9/8/09 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I'll watch it. I'm not really a fan of his films as I feel they have all been trying to recreate the magic of pulp fiction unsuccessfully.

His formula: Big named cast, plot elements completely out of order to the point of being obnoxious, swearing and an attempt at casual thought provoking dialogue that might simulate a conversation one might have in real life.

I like pulp fiction, but nothing else he has done since. Mind you, I've watched his other movies such as kill bill before watching pulp fiction. This movie (even if it follows the tired formula of his) has promise because it seems like a fresh idea. It might be the second film of his I can actually enjoy watching. I'm actually looking forward to this one.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eitimzevinten

His formula: Big named cast, plot elements completely out of order to the point of being obnoxious, swearing and an attempt at casual thought provoking dialogue that might simulate a conversation one might have in real life.

That's his style alright. And it's brilliant in appealing to a demographic that likes that sort of thing.

What I like most about Tarantino's style is that it's not goofy like M. Nights'
or Sappy like Spielburgs'.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
So the point of the movie is we can be as disgusting as the NAZI's ? POW's were machine gunned by the NAZI's in 1944, mostly British were killed. including some of my relatives. The Germans and Soviets would kill themselves rather then be taken by the other side. Understandable given the war crimes commetted by each side to the other. I have a problem with a movie being more vile, cruel and brutal then the last. The nature of war makes it vile, cruel, and brutal. The purpose of war is not just to destroy the enemy, but cause a mental siesmic shift that that will invoke terror, and change a persons ability to function.

Moments of inverse shock and awe will cause people to freeze, and delay any response that might allow them to react to do nothing. And we havent even talked about what the Japanese did in the 1939's and 1940's. What many people don't know, is the terrible reaction that the mininons that the the subjugated raced likke the Koreans who were often far more brutal then the Japanese themselves The Japanese were more likely to kill themselves then subgigates races,

A last point is Japan had the most advanced biological war effort then any other nation, includinng us,Russia, England, Germany. more or less everyone. Did we commit war crimes durining WW-II. I have no doubt. But we soubt do better. If we dont, we are no better we despise.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
This is a huge sentence coming from me:

The best movie I have ever seen.

And I'm not ashamed to say it. I've never been a Tarantino fan, but it is the sheer brilliance of this script and direction that makes me understand why he is so highly regarded.

I give it a full 5 / 5.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

wow foof
we're going tonight!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I really don't like Tarantino, buy I'm dying to see this! I've been quoting this movie all week, it looks so funny.

There was an interview with him on AdultSwim last night, and I can't remember if he addressed the spelling of "Basterds"... anyone know why the E? Is it revealed in the movie or something? My sister was thinking it was to avoid the use of "bastard" on TV, but it still sounds just about the exact same, so I don't think that's the case.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Hope you have a strong stomach!

Some quite graphic parts in it... but it wouldn't be Tarantino otherwise.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

I went to a dance extravangza last night so am tired and weak..maybe We'll go tomorrow if its that bad...i have little strength, thx for the heads up!
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Be prepared to laugh your guts out too

Best mix of literally-make-you-gasp violence and make-you-lol comedy I've seen in years.

A certain scene about Gobels and his interpreter is hilarious. You'll know it when you see it.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Most of the WW2 vets are gone or approaching the age where even "Patton" wouldn't ring the bell. Soooo . . . ?????????? . . . Give it to Tarantino! That's right. Give him both pieces: the European and the Pacific editions of WW2 and watch. LOL.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Was OK..... not brilliant but pretty good.
Pretty violent but not so as much as i expected... not that it bothered me obviously.

It was interesting watching it all come together and it wasn't a a let down, but i left the cinema feeling something was missing... it lacked a certain something.

I quite liked the slow pace, all out action movies with no plot or decent script don't interest me, so it wasn't the pace... Hmmmmm I really don't know?

It was good... but "don't believe the hype"

I'd give it a 6 - 6.5 i guess.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I saw this movie last night. I thought it was pretty good, though not nearly enough Brad Pitt.
I loved the part in the basement pub when Raines was going on about a Mexican standoff. Oh and loved his Italian accent when he was talking to the "Jew Hunter" in the theater...cracked me up!
Overall good movie in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
what an incredible movie... i think i found and missed my calling. i would have been more than happy to be part of that nazi bashin

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I really like this film, I like most Tarantino films, but this is up there with his best ones.
Did anyone spot Mike Myers AKA Austin Powers?
What a strange choice of actor for a film like this, He's great though.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Loved this movie
10/10

Gratzi!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
finally watched it!

It was a really good movie

Not as funny s I've heard, but I liked it.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
havent seen it yet, (funds limited) but i heard its AWESOME! so its on my must see list.

i usually only go to the movies about max 5 times a year.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join