It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ugly Philly town hall for Specter, Sebelius

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Ugly Philly town hall for Specter, Sebelius

www.pittsburghlive.com

In Philly over the weekend, Sen. Arlen Specter, D-Pennsylvania and Kathleen Sebelius (HHS) held a town hall meeting at National Constitution Center.

Apparently it wasn't pretty.

Reports out of the meeting put it at about 40 percent in favor of the Health care legislation that was marked out of committee on Friday but not voted on by the House, with the remaining attendees less that thrilled with the bill.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
"How Can You Manage Health Care When You Can't Manage Cash For Clunkers?

"How Can You Manage Health Care When You Can't Manage Cash For Clunkers?

I wasn't going to post this article, didn't think it was that much of a big news. Don't get me wrong, in so many ways it is, but I want to see this happen at a much larger gathering.

But, "How Can You Manage Health Care When You Can't Manage Cash For Clunkers?..... Because of that alone I just HAD to post this article

And also because I been reading lately on how a failure cash for clunkers has been, this happens, then early today I saw a headline on front page of MSNBC on how great Cash for Clunkers is. lol

MSNBC = ObamaTV

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

This is the News Reporting on the issue with FOX

www.pittsburghlive.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-8-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Starred and flagged.

It looks like, and I'm hoping it is true, that people are starting to re-acquire the cojones to stand up the their elected politicians and confront them with the tough questions. The MSM sure seems to have dropped the ball on doing that, so citizens have to step up, or lose the right to do so forever.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

And soon to be, a .gov near you.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Being from PA and living under the laws and rule of the corrupt Pennyslvania Government, I cant tell you this man is a fraud, he will say whatever he can to retain that office by staying as Senator even changing parties. Arlene Spector is a traitor to us all, I hope he will be swifty voted out of office next year. This phoney needs to be stop. PLEASE HELP!!!

As for the Health and Human Services Sec. she just rambles and rambles shes a mess and also has no clue what she speaks of they talked of splitting and reading the bill amongst his staff, she then turns and says dont blame the Senator for not reading a bill that hasnt been written.

uhhhh!! both of these people need to go!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
HELL YEAH! FIGHT BACK! This isn't just about Health Care. It is about the inability of congress to perform their duties in a responsible and well informed manner. We are entitled to decent representation, and these people are not interested in doing that.

I am happy to see people are calling the bluff. Time to give it right back to them wherever they rear their ugly corrupt heads. Enough is effing enough!

[edit on 4-8-2009 by projectvxn]

[edit on 4-8-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Thanks for posting those videos, they're great.

They were so tongue tied and nervous it was funny to watch. Kudos to the people that let them know they weren't interested in hearing any of their lame excuses and lies

I do believe i saw politicians showing fear of the people, as it should be !

Perhaps they are finally starting to realize how fed up people have become, and that they are just about to break that last straw

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Sebelius has no right to continue serving as Secretary of HHS. She should have resigned or been dragged out of DC when she signed immunity for big Pharma which is producing the Swine Flu Vaccine. People should be SERIOUSLY pissed off about this.

The FDA can't even guarantee that drugs that go through the entire process of trials are safe. And in a few months time they're going to create a vaccine for Swine Flu - a strain of influenza which isn't even moderately lethal, which is (I've heard) highly likely to mutate before the vaccine comes out thus rendering the vaccine useless... All for what? A repeat of 1976?

These people have their heads shoved so far up their rear-ends they can't take ridicule, they can't take legitimate pressure, the reason things can't get fixed, don't get fixed is always something other than them. Deflection is not answering questions and the people are finally starting to get sick of this BS. About time.

top topics

join